What's new

Is J16 answer to s400 threat ,PAF choice ?

They are, and they're showing every indication that they're not going to export their Flankers.

Yes, but everyone is not getting CPEC type money input from China, there is a reason PAF pilots are being trained on Flankers in China.

Also following is part of solution against Indian air defense or even cold start.

Yes, but everyone is not getting CPEC type money input from China, there is a reason PAF pilots are being trained on Flankers in China.

Also following is part of solution against Indian air defense or even cold start.

I'd like to see evidence that the PAF is sending their pilots to train on Chinese Flankers.

I'd like to see evidence that the PAF is sending their pilots to train on Chinese Flankers.
Already did it in the past, recently PAF pilots flew at the back seat of i think J-11BS in july this i think, in a joint exercise in 2018 @Akasa

Already did it in the past, recently PAF pilots flew at the back seat of i think J-11BS in july this i think, in a joint exercise in 2018 @Akasa

Having exchanges in a joint exercise is different from sending your pilots to train & adapt in anticipation of aircraft induction.

That's real question, is russia willing to do so, and other factor is Indian lobby to In russia to don't give a permission to china to sell it to Pakistan, Think logically @SuvarnaTeja :confused:
Hi my friend why Russians are not letting Chinese to export it to Pakistan if the design is Russian then how come they are allowing china to install their own engines on these J series
Now the big Q here is if you are getting engines directly from Russia to use in J series I don’t see Russia is having any problem with that on the other hand China is already installing their own engines on these planes and flying j11 for more then three years now if their is a will from GOP
And china it’s the understanding between two big daddies to agree on this supply chain of J series
China have a leave-way to tackle with russsians on getting anything which Russia is ready to sale
Your input will be appreciated
thank you

Hi my friend why Russians are not letting Chinese to export it to Pakistan if the design is Russian then how come they are allowing china to install their own engines on these J series
Now the big Q here is if you are getting engines directly from Russia to use in J series I don’t see Russia is having any problem with that on the other hand China is already installing their own engines on these planes and flying j11 for more then three years now if their is a will from GOP
And china it’s the understanding between two big daddies to agree on this supply chain of J series
China have a leave-way to tackle with russsians on getting anything which Russia is ready to sale
Your input will be appreciated
thank you
Design is Russian bro, Intellectual property of Russia, and Russian wont allow Chinese to degrade their military export to Pakistan, and as for WS-10 on J series of jets is still in infancy and reliability issue etc etc @Readerdefence :angel:

Design is Russian bro, Intellectual property of Russia, and Russian wont allow Chinese to degrade their military export to Pakistan, and as for WS-10 on J series of jets is still in infancy and reliability issue etc etc @Readerdefence :angel:

You're correct on the export issue, but the WS-10 has been serving on the J-11 series for close to 10 years.

According to who/what?
According huiitong on Top-81 @Akasa and you to remember that WS-10 is based on civilian CMF-56 which is high bypass turbofan converting it to low bypass turbofan is a monumental task , that's why it has still some reliability issue @Akasa

According huiitong on Top-81 @Akasa and you to remember that WS-10 is based on civilian CMF-56 which is high bypass turbofan converting it to low bypass turbofan is a monumental task , that's why it has still some reliability issue @Akasa

Where did he say that the WS-10 still has reliability issues?

if allow by Russia, that's big if make lot of sense, Doubt , and J-16's whole design is Russian, that's the main deifference @SuvarnaTeja :disagree:
J-16 apart from the air-frame has nothing to do with Russia, J-16 now is the most advanced fighter jet in China costs much much much more than J-20, two of them can block entire air theatre's electronic signals (it can track thousands types of bandwith with 360 degree, and to jam few dozens of them simultaneously``` ), it is has more to do with EF-18 than anything Russia has ever produced with such level of sophistication``````

PLANN's next gen stealth fighter's electronic suit is a derivative of J-16D````

the issue you have mentioned is acient now`````have a look at J-10B performance at Zhuhai air-show````the hundreds that fixed on J-11B's early model did have realiability issues, thats why people sometimes call J-11B "bunker queen"````but about 2014 onwards, the only problem facing WS-10 is the production capacity``J-15,J-16,J-20 and J-10 are all in scare need!

[once the air chief asked the factory: can you supply us XXX units of WS-10s in a year?
the factory replied: no, but we will increase the production capacity in few years time!
Chief: I mean NOW!
factory: not possible
Chief: OK will keep buying AL-31s for J-15 and J-10B/C]

J-16 apart from the air-frame has nothing to do with Russia, J-16 now is the most advanced fighter jet in China costs much much much more than J-20, two of them can block entire air theatre's electronic signals (it can track thousands types of bandwith with 360 degree, and to jam few dozens of them simultaneously``` ), it is has more to do with EF-18 than anything Russia has ever produced with such level of sophistication``````

PLANN's next gen stealth fighter's electronic suit is a derivative of J-16D````
so design is Russian, that's i am saying all time that it can't be exported to other country because design is intellectual property of Russia @rcrmj :p::P;):enjoy:

so design is Russian, that's i am saying all time that it can't be exported to other country because design is intellectual property of Russia @rcrmj :p::P;):enjoy:
no, PLAF and PLAN is in dire need of heavy weight figher, the annual supply is way too short to meet their demand, J-20's production is in even more serious condition`````so this puts more pressure on requiring more 3.5 heavy fighter jets (SU-35, J-16, J-15)``

the so-called "intellectual property" issue was solved long time agon when PLAAF decided to make J-11As`````and the Flanker contract regarding IP issue was a pakage of radar, weapon, electronic wares, calculated structual datas and design`````advanced weapon system's IP is more to do with whats inside, rather than graphic or logo design```this is something outsiders dont know much about it, apart from media hypes and propaganda``

not to mention J-16, even J-11B's insides were nothing like any Russian Flanker

Last edited:
no, PLAF and PLAN is in dire need of heavy weight figher, the annual supply is way too short to meet their demand, J-20's production is in even more serious condition`````so this puts more pressure on requiring more 3.5 heavy fighter jets (SU-35, J-16, J-15)``

the so-called "intellectual property" issue was solved long time agon when PLAAF decided to make J-11As`````and the Flanker contract regarding IP issue was a pakage of radar, weapon, electronic wares, calculated structual datas and design`````advanced weapon system's IP is more to do with whats inside, rather than graphic or logo design```this is something outsiders dont know much about it, apart from media hypes and propaganda``

not to mention J-16, even J-11B's sides were nothing like any Russian Flanker
I am not neglecting that there lots of improvement done by Chinese but remember design is not yours and why PAF looking for Su-35 and some western jets like EF-2000 etc etc rather than J-11 series of jets which of course lot Cheaper than Su-35 Please explain @rcrmj o_O:what::undecided:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom