What's new

Is Iran's 'Bread' Subsidy Reform a Half-Baked Idea?

If you say so... But don't forget, recently you seemed to be of the opinion that I was being too suspicious vis à vis some other users in the Chill Thread.

In fact I'd consider myself as one of the less lenient or "naive" ones in this respect. For example, when user Apollon first started posting in the Iranian section, I warned Iranians not to fall for their initially neutral facade. And I also called on Iranian users to be more vigilant, since some mischievous types will try to abuse their hospitality. In particular when user Apollon came here asking for "travel advice", and I saw some Iranians responding, I knew this person was just taking them for a ride.

Of course I saw the false narratives in this thread as well and that's why I decided to respond (was the first to do so), it's just that I'm undecided as to whether in this particular case we're dealing with a user who out of stubbornness is content with persisting in error, or whether they actually don't mean well.
Good, stay vigilant.

I probably envy you on how you can reply with such patience, self control and composure 😁

Why insist on this erroneous supposition after it was repeatedly shown to be untrue?

This is Iran:

- Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei: Azari-speaker.
- Head of national security (Supreme National Security Council), Ali Shamkhani: Arab-speaker.
- Speaker of Majles (parliament) and former police chief: Kurdish-speaker.
- Commander in chief of the Navy: Sunni Kurdish-speaker.

And so on, and so forth, examples are literally endless.

There's no discrimination along linguistic lines, neither in access to official positions nor in the repression of crimes and offenses.

I deliberately used the term 'speaker' of this or that language rather than member of "ethnicity" X or Y, because the above map is plain bogus: more than 50% of Iranians descend from multiple rather than a single one of these groups. They have ancestors from more than one such community. You can ask around, see how many among the Iranian users on here can claim to have four grandparents from just one of the enumerated linguistic backgrounds. They won't be many, this I can guarantee.

Forget about this idea that the Iranian population can be separated into so-called "ethnic" categories. The assumption is incorrect, and it's Iran's existential enemies, the zio-American empire first and foremost, which strive to propagate the notion in order to foment separatism.

_____

And Iranians in Iran have little to no comprehension of corruption outside their borders.
They have or don't have that's beside the point . The existence of corruption is the problem and the fact that they can escape punishment by threatening going public about others corruption is the problem.
Have you forgot somebody's brother in previous government.

Don't forget we can't rationalize corruption here by claiming there is corruption in other places .

I will believe you when I see Tehran people asking for water or being shot dead.

Fact is, Iranian non-Persian from provinces are poorer and second class citizens, and if they protest because they lack water or food, they get shot dead easily.
Andimeshk , dezful , Isfahan ,.... All considered Persian majority cities

Several unrelated issues are being mixed up here.

To begin with we need to differentiate between upright elements and corrupt ones within or around the establishment. The latter is not monolithically corrupt, it includes many people with a clean slate.

Then, the Tehran ruling elite as you call it hails from all corners of Iran. This goes for the honorable as well as the corrupt, and also applies to the "rich kids of Tehran". At any rate, there's simply no way to spin an "ethnic" angle onto this, because there's no basis to it at all.

As concerns water shortages, last time I informed you that one of the most affected areas of Iran, namely Esfahan (the country's second largest agglomeration) is almost exclusively Persian-speaking. So here too, any rants about "ethnic discrimination" will inevitably fall flat when confronted with the ground reality. Which is hardly surprising, since these narratives have been devised by zionists and the US regime.

This statement suggests you don't know me well enough. On Iranian affairs you've got a few aspects wrong, otherwise you'd realize the "parasites" are a wealthy corrupt class that stretches right across linguistic lines and is not restricted to the capital city either.

I abhor these types at least as much and probably more so than you, but I'm also careful not to confuse different topics unduly, nor to establish incorrect connections to so-called "ethnicity".

To me a terrorist is quite obviously someone who resorts to terrorist actions and/or is member to a terrorist organization. And if they get the chance, terrorists or other trained agents do infiltrate peaceful gatherings in Iran with the express goal of causing unrest.

One of the law enforcement officers cowardly murdered by terrorists in front of his home during water protests last year in Khuzestan, had been spending his time volunteering to transfer water to the needy. I remember sharing the information with you and posting relevant pictures, so in fact this shouldn't be entirely new to you. He was a working class person, by the way. Not exactly affluent himself.

Ridiculous would be any attempt to legitimize unprovoked violence under the pretext of a highly complex water issue which happens to be common to all countries in the region, and to try and characterize it through fallacious notions of "ethnic" discrimination, which is completely absent from the Islamic Republic's policy making.

You're right foreign terrorists can take advantage of protests to infiltrate and make mayhem, yes, but Iran government is accountable for that too.

Just dont let the people so desperate to make protests due to lack of water or food, they are not asking gold.

In a decent and competent government that kind of protests should never happen. Protests by water and food...

Water protests one year ago was in non-Persian zone, I remember, it was in nort-west border.

Tehran ruling elite piss in the face of Iranian non-Persian people, it's something common, it happens in other multiethnical countries too.

Well, I dont say Iranian provinces should have the same life standards than the capital (that doesn't happen in any country of the world), but at least they shouldn't let the people die of thirst or starvation, that's criminal.

Looks like I'm getting old and senile, can you please remember me which war in its soil or from its soil Iran performed after 1988, that's uhhh, 34 years right?

Also, you are just trolling

2 posts cheering Iran, so people get easy on you, then a false info or sharing propaganda " 5 Iranians killed", then all the B.S regarding ethnicities and wealth discrepancy, when debunked you played the regional card, when debunked again you blabelled some cocktail of corruption, mixed with ethnicities and Teheran .....

You missed the sectarian troll subject, or it's for next post???

I just blame @SalarHaqq for wasting his time on you 😁😅

Every Capital of any country is a mix of all regions, that's evident, still he insist to make a point where there is nothing to argue about !!!!

I didn't say anything about Iran starting wars, I said Iran avoided wars, when West/USA/Israel provocated them in last decade several times.

This forum is not so read to deserve people trolling them, I'm not a troll and if someone is a troll here, he's wasting time. For me is just a way of information and entertainment, that'all.

I'm not live in Iran and my information about that country is limited, so corrections are welcome.

Just dont let the people so desperate to make protests due to lack of water or food, they are not asking gold.

In a decent and competent government that kind of protests should never happen. Protests by water and food...

There's no lack of food. Water scarcity is a region wide problem, all countries are affected. It's not of the Iranian government's doing.

Water protests one year ago was in non-Persian zone, I remember, it was in nort-west border.

As said, it was also and mainly in Esfahan, were the largest protest took place. And Esfahan is near exclusively Persian-speaking.

Another user added that cities in Khuzestan were protests took place are Persian-speaking in majority as well.

Are you reading replies selectively, or simply trolling at this point?

Tehran ruling elite piss in the face of Iranian non-Persian people, it's something common, it happens in other multiethnical countries too.

Come again? The so-called ruling elite in Tehran is itself composite, all linguistic groups are represented proportionally.

So no, there's no such thing as "ethnic" discrimination by the Islamic Republic. That's a completely baseless statement. It may happen elsewhere, but it does not in Iran.

Well, I dont say Iranian provinces should have the same life standards than the capital (that doesn't happen in any country of the world), but at least they shouldn't let the people die of thirst or starvation, that's criminal.

Not a single Iranian has died of thirst nor of starvation. Water protests were not due to lack of drinking water, but because of a relative scarcity of water used in agriculture.

You are confused about the basic facts, please get them straight.

_____

They have or don't have that's beside the point . The existence of corruption is the problem and the fact that they can escape punishment by threatening going public about others corruption is the problem.
Have you forgot somebody's brother in previous government.

Don't forget we can't rationalize corruption here by claiming there is corruption in other places .

I'm not rationalizing nor trying to minimize corruption, but the Pakistani users were right to highlight that Iranians have it better when it comes to public equipments and more generally to living standards; also to tell a Pakistani they cannot imagine the levels of corruption among Iranian officials is akin to ignoring the magnitude of the phenomenon in Pakistan, because is surely isn't much less than in Iran, if not greater in fact.

Last edited:
What kind of projects does Iran carry out to solve the water problem in the country, and in what period do these works could start to yield results?

What kind of projects does Iran carry out to solve the water problem in the country, and in what period do these works could start to yield results?
Iran does not have a good track record on water management issue...go to page 13 of Iran infrastructure thread and you will be informed better of the scope ...The new government has made the water as a priority issue unlike the previous governments. The issue with Turkey is a small one but new to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom