What's new

Is India taking over China through soft power?

aww! That's so sweet of you. I couldn't care any less about you. So save it.

I own up to my words, I never claimed China is something. I don't speak for anyone else. So, what anyone says about China, in a non-issue here. We are talking about the influence India had culturally on China.

In this context we are not talking about a country, but we are talking about a whole bunch of people. And they don't get alternative names just like that.

Says you. I asked you to prove your claim, rather than giving your intuition. Since most historians agree on the fact that Shakyans indeed spoke Indo - Aryan languages. That means they are in no way connected to East Asians. Sanskrit names didn't come after hundreds of years, it was there even before Buddha. Say more than 1000 years before. Now do not claim Shakyas are nameless people. Why do you think his disciples would rename them?
Even the widely accepted Pali canons of Theravada Buddhism connect Shakyans to Indo - Aryans. In short, whatever you claim has no proof. What I claim is substantiated with a plethora of proofs. And I don't think Ashoka was part of any historical coverup, he was a staounch follower of Buddhism and he wouldn't go against one of the traditional values, 'to lie' and most importantly about Buddha himself.

If you can't accept those proofs out of hatred for India it's fine.
It's funny how you are refuting all the evidence from Ashoka to Pali cannons, and sticking on to "he is not Indian" he is some East Asians. I understand your region never had any history that had much impact on the world. But for at least once refute any claim I made with historical facts and not 'may be's'. I have no issue if he is Mongoloid, Indo - Aryan, or Indo - Scythian. He will still be part of Indian subcontinent. Because that's where Buddhism flourished.

:blah:Desperate attempt dude. Soo desperate.
Sorry, you need to prove your claims, not for me to disprove your preposterous contentions.
I think you got comprehension problems.
I had shown you Donald Trump(唐纳德·特朗普) and Modi(纳伦德拉莫迪) have Chinese names in Chinese characters.
Does it make them Chinese.?
So Sanskrit names of the Buddha written few hundred years later by Indians 2000 years ago don't make the Buddha a Indian.
More Chinese below with Chinese character names.
Mariah Carey 牛姐
Angela Merkel 默克尔
Barack Obama 奥巴马

I agree Singapore or South East Asia don't have much impact on the world.
But the whole world are still using compass, paper, gunpowder, porcelain(china) first made by the Chinese.
Its pathetic how also-ran Indians retroactively try to claim some prominence with self aggrandizement to boost their inferiority complex and the dismal lack of accomplishments for a nation of 1.2 billion.

Joke of the century is the whole sub continent enslaved by a force of 3000 soldiers of a trading company.
India's greatest achievements touted by a lot of Indians are that hardworking slaves for some Western owned corporations are of Indian origin while the corporation owners go pursue their hobbies and personal projects.

I have to admit Indian culture if more accepted in the West maybe they have done a better job of selling it.

Sorry, you need to prove your claims, not for me to disprove your preposterous contentions.
I think you got comprehension problems.

What should I prove Einstein? I have already told your language has a different custom of naming people because there are sounds missing, unlike Sanskrit which has almost all the sounds our throat can make.
Some people live in denial, keep sticking to it. I proved to you based on the records that they spoke Prakrit. You are the one who should prove they didn't.

Does English language name Xi Jing ping with other names? No indo-Aryan language family gives alternative names. How thick one should be to understand this. If your name is Donald Trump, in Sanskrit it is
डोनाल्ड ट्रम्प. For Modi it's मोदी. It sounds like it is. There are no other versions of it.

I agree Singapore or South East Asia don't have much impact on the world.
But the whole world are still using compass, paper, gunpowder, porcelain(china) first made by the Chinese.
Its pathetic how also-ran Indians retroactively try to claim some prominence with self aggrandizement to boost their inferiority complex and the dismal lack of accomplishments for a nation of 1.2 billion.
Lol! What it has to do with Singapore? What China invented belong to that region. Singapore inhabited by tribals.
Joke of the century is the whole sub continent enslaved by a force of 3000 soldiers of a trading company.
India's greatest achievements touted by a lot of Indians are that hardworking slaves for some Western owned corporations are of Indian origin while the corporation owners go pursue their hobbies and personal projects.
Keep crying, I don't care about your rants devoid of facts. :blah:

What should I prove Einstein? I have already told your language has a different custom of naming people because there are sounds missing, unlike Sanskrit which has almost all the sounds our throat can make.
Some people live in denial, keep sticking to it. I proved to you based on the records that they spoke Prakrit. You are the one who should prove they didn't.

Does English language name Xi Jing ping with other names? No indo-Aryan language family gives alternative names. How thick one should be to understand this. If your name is Donald Trump, in Sanskrit it is
डोनाल्ड ट्रम्प. For Modi it's मोदी. It sounds like it is. There are no other versions of it.

Lol! What it has to do with Singapore? What China invented belong to that region. Singapore inhabited by tribals.

Keep crying, I don't care about your rants devoid of facts. :blah:
My language is the same as yours, that of our colonial British masters.
The "purported" language of the Buddha is Pali, which is not Sanskrit.
Why you keep up your nonsensical repeat of Sanskrit as if that will determine who the Buddha was.?

http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/pali/Buddhalanguage.htm
According to Southern Buddhist tradition, Pali is regarded as the language that Shakyamuni spoke, and therefore is called Magadhi or the fundamental language. However, recent studies show that although a little of the Magadhi influence is still evident in the Pali language, the basic characteristics of the two languages are different.

History of Indian Buddhism by Étienne Lamotte (Institut Orientaliste de Louvain)
Scholars agrees now that although Magadhi influence is evident in the Pali language, the basic characteristics of the two language are different. Pali also cannot be said to be developed from Sanskrit. It developed independently and was mainly a written form of language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha
" No written records about Gautama were found from his lifetime or some centuries thereafter. "

NO written records of the Buddha until 400 years after the extermination of the Buddha's people and the Buddha's passing.
Nobody knows for sure what language the Buddha really used to preach much less his mother tongue.
The Buddha never used Sanskrit and it was claimed the Buddha despised the use of Sanskrit.

It is comical that Indians need to keep whining that they had given a lesson to their neighbor with Surgical Strikes.
Even the 1962 war humiliating defeat is now victory for India in some Indian history books.
After that 1962 mauling by the Chinese, Indians keep whining about their big victory in 1967 that the world have no inkling.

You now expect me to believe 400 years of deluded Indian verbal communication 2600 years ago when Indians cannot keep a major world renowned event written in black and white true for 60 years.?
LMAO, non existent glory seeking obsessed Indians.

My language is the same as yours, that of our colonial British masters.
The "purported" language of the Buddha is Pali, which is not Sanskrit.
Why you keep up your nonsensical repeat of Sanskrit as if that will determine who the Buddha was.?
Here comes more stupidity. Sanskrit is one in pure form. Prakrit, Pali, Maghadhi prakrit, Gandhari etc.. are Indo - Aryan language. Say it's more like a dialect. Again, it has no roots from East. That's why I already said, all these are bastardized versions of Sanskrit. But as usual, nobody uses dialects to name a person. They use Sanskrit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha
" No written records about Gautama were found from his lifetime or some centuries thereafter. "
yeah, but you didn't understand his teachings were transcended in oral traditions. That's how there were followers of the belief. Buddha didn't speak any alien language. He spoke the same language as normal people in that region would speak.

NO written records of the Buddha until 400 years after the extermination of the Buddha's people and the Buddha's passing.
Nobody knows for sure what language the Buddha really used to preach much less his mother tongue.
The Buddha never used Sanskrit and it was claimed the Buddha despised the use of Sanskrit.
More lies. Buddha might have never spoken Sanskrit because Sanskrit was not a spoken language at the time. Since you have no clue, Sanskrit is like Latin, while Pali and Prakrit are English. (Although it's still inaccurate, for simple minds and thick skulls this analogy helps) They follow the same grammar, similar word structure, even majority of the words have their origin in Sanskrit.

Now you are making numbers out of your rear (400 LOL), Ashoka came some 150+ years after Buddha passed. At the time, Buddhism was present in its original form throughout Magadha where Magadhi Prakrit was spoken.

It is comical that Indians need to keep whining that they had given a lesson to their neighbor with Surgical Strikes.
Even the 1962 war humiliating defeat is now victory for India in some Indian history books.
After that 1962 mauling by the Chinese, Indians keep whining about their big victory in 1967 that the world have no inkling.

You now expect me to believe 400 years of deluded Indian verbal communication 2600 years ago when Indians cannot keep a major world renowned event written in black and white true for 60 years.?
LMAO, non existent glory seeking obsessed Indians.
Some people cannot make comment without his own verbal diarrhea inserted.:blah: Pathetic as usual.
Since your pathetic attempt to prove Pali is some strange language out of India failed, I'm waiting for your next desperate attempt.

Here comes more stupidity. Sanskrit is one in pure form. Prakrit, Pali, Maghadhi prakrit, Gandhari etc.. are Indo - Aryan language. Say it's more like a dialect. Again, it has no roots from East. That's why I already said, all these are bastardized versions of Sanskrit. But as usual, nobody uses dialects to name a person. They use Sanskrit.

yeah, but you didn't understand his teachings were transcended in oral traditions. That's how there were followers of the belief. Buddha didn't speak any alien language. He spoke the same language as normal people in that region would speak.

More lies. Buddha might have never spoken Sanskrit because Sanskrit was not a spoken language at the time. Since you have no clue, Sanskrit is like Latin, while Pali and Prakrit are English. (Although it's still inaccurate, for simple minds and thick skulls this analogy helps) They follow the same grammar, similar word structure, even majority of the words have their origin in Sanskrit.

Now you are making numbers out of your rear (400 LOL), Ashoka came some 150+ years after Buddha passed. At the time, Buddhism was present in its original form throughout Magadha where Magadhi Prakrit was spoken.

Some people cannot make comment without his own verbal diarrhea inserted.:blah: Pathetic as usual.
Since your pathetic attempt to prove Pali is some strange language out of India failed, I'm waiting for your next desperate attempt.
So now you are ancient language expert where even the renowned ancient language experts cannot agree.
So according to you the Pali Canon was written during Ashoka's reign or even on Ashoka's orders.
You are such a genius, you should get a UNESCO award.
Problem is Indians have so little trustworthiness, nobody will believe you.
I think the Wiki on "Pali Canon" should be more trustworthy than you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pāli_Canon
It was composed in North India and was preserved orally until it was committed to writing during the Fourth Buddhist Council in Sri Lanka in 29 BCE, approximately 454 years after the death of Gautama Buddha.

I am waiting for your next disgraceful attempt to foist your deluded Indian self grandeur.

So now you are ancient language expert where even the renowned ancient language experts cannot agree.
So according to you the Pali Canon was written during Ashoka's reign or even on Ashoka's orders.
You are such a genius, you should get a UNESCO award.
Problem is Indians have so little trustworthiness, nobody will believe you.
I think the Wiki on "Pali Canon" should be more trustworthy than you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pāli_Canon
It was composed in North India and was preserved orally until it was committed to writing during the Fourth Buddhist Council in Sri Lanka in 29 BCE, approximately 454 years after the death of Gautama Buddha.

I am waiting for your next disgraceful attempt to foist your deluded Indian self grandeur.
Look at you, took all the way to India infested Wikipedia to prove something that I haven't said. I said, even the Pali canon which is widely accepted in Theravada Buddhism doesn't support your points. I never said Ashoka made those Pali canons (even if I did it's an error, that Theravadans believe it was composed even before Ashoka). You see, if Ashoka ever lied (Ashoka is nobody in Buddhism he is not even a sage) lied about Buddhism or it's origins then there will be at least something that refutes the points such as the life of Buddha was entirely different and it's faked by Ashoka for the pride of India. See, it's getting into nonsense right?

So, tell me, whom should one believe, a clown or a bunch of atheist clowns with so much hatred on India or a great emperor who transcended the teachings of Buddha across the globe. Reaching as far as Japan. Not to mention China and far south-east.

Now you can continue this whataboutism all you want. You still cannot prove me wrong, because I have supporting evidence, you have half cooked stories which you bake instantly out of a quick wiki search.

About Pali, I'm no language expert, but I've already told you Pali is an Indo - Aryan language with a lot of loan words from Sanskrit, Prakrit, etc...

I think we are done here, any way to top it off. I think you should read about the Mahajanapadas who predates Buddha. See their languages spoken, see the regions they lived in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahajanapada

I hope you don't ask evidence for their presence too. :rolleyes:

Look at you, took all the way to India infested Wikipedia to prove something that I haven't said. I said, even the Pali canon which is widely accepted in Theravada Buddhism doesn't support your points. I never said Ashoka made those Pali canons (even if I did it's an error, that Theravadans believe it was composed even before Ashoka). You see, if Ashoka ever lied (Ashoka is nobody in Buddhism he is not even a sage) lied about Buddhism or it's origins then there will be at least something that refutes the points such as the life of Buddha was entirely different and it's faked by Ashoka for the pride of India. See, it's getting into nonsense right?

So, tell me, whom should one believe, a clown or a bunch of atheist clowns with so much hatred on India or a great emperor who transcended the teachings of Buddha across the globe. Reaching as far as Japan. Not to mention China and far south-east.

Now you can continue this whataboutism all you want. You still cannot prove me wrong, because I have supporting evidence, you have half cooked stories which you bake instantly out of a quick wiki search.

About Pali, I'm no language expert, but I've already told you Pali is an Indo - Aryan language with a lot of loan words from Sanskrit, Prakrit, etc...

I think we are done here, any way to top it off. I think you should read about the Mahajanapadas who predates Buddha. See their languages spoken, see the regions they lived in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahajanapada

I hope you don't ask evidence for their presence too. :rolleyes:
Nobody said Ashoka lied.
But did Ashoka say the Buddha is Indian.?
Did Ashoka say the Buddha is Indo-Aryan.?
I post that written accounts of the Buddha only happen 400+ years after the Buddha passing and you were shouting that Ashoka came to Lumbini 150+years.
Of course anyone will take it as implicit that Ashoka have a hand in the Buddha's written records.

Anyway does it matter 150+ years or 400+ years, dead means dead and so Ashoka should not have met or spoken to the Buddha or seen any written text directly from the Buddha.
Furthermore inscription on the Pillar of Ashoka in Lumbini is not using Pali or Sanskrit.
So don't keep repeating your Sanskrit BS.
Indians propensity to appropriate the history of others to soothe their inferiority complex and boost their self grandeur is nauseating.

Nobody said Ashoka lied.
But did Ashoka say the Buddha is Indian.?
Did Ashoka say the Buddha is Indo-Aryan.?
haha, Ashoka wasn't interested in ethnicity. You missed a question too,

Did Ashoka said he himself is India-Aryan?
I post that written accounts of the Buddha only happen 400+ years after the Buddha passing and you were shouting that Ashoka came to Lumbini 150+years.
I think I'm not bad at math. Gautama Buddha (c. 563/480 – c. 483/400 BCE)
Ashoka 268 to 232 BCE So, where is the 400+ years difference?
Furthermore inscription on the Pillar of Ashoka in Lumbini is not using Pali or Sanskrit.
Oww! Then care to tell me what language it is? I'll give a hint, the Script is in Brahmi.
I don't know where you get all these, I mean, I never said anything about the language on a pillar or anything. :lol: We were talking about languages in Lumbini, and it's indo - aryan language.
Are you ok? Do you even read what I say at all? Or assume like a delusional?

@sinait At least I'm glad you finally accepted he is not east Asian but from the Indian subcontinent. It's good to read, be it Wikipedia or other sources and see how different it is from East Asia. Where the region was dominated by Indo Aryans.

haha, Ashoka wasn't interested in ethnicity. You missed a question too,

Did Ashoka said he himself is India-Aryan?

I think I'm not bad at math. Gautama Buddha (c. 563/480 – c. 483/400 BCE)
Ashoka 268 to 232 BCE So, where is the 400+ years difference?

Oww! Then care to tell me what language it is? I'll give a hint, the Script is in Brahmi.
I don't know where you get all these, I mean, I never said anything about the language on a pillar or anything. :lol:
Are you ok? Do you even read what I say at all? Or assume like a delusional?
Wow! I didn't know South Asia have so accurate dates for someone from 2600 years ago when they don't even have written history at that time.

You are a genius who seem to be better than all those archaeologist.
Must give you a UNESCO award.
So where are your proofs that the Buddha is Indian, since Ashoka didn't say so.
Your comprehension really sucks.
Where did I accept that the Buddha is not East Asian.?
I accept nothing, come up with proofs if you want to claim some credit for shit filled India.
Time for you to take your medicine, I guess.

Wow! I didn't know South Asia have so accurate dates for someone from 2600 years ago when they don't even have written history at that time.

You are a genius who seem to be better than all those archaeologist.
Must give you a UNESCO award.
So where are your proofs that the Buddha is Indian, since Ashoka didn't say so.
Time for you to take your medicine, I guess.
Now you are refuting he is not born in that ages.:rofl: (With maybe and will be's of course)

You know what, I'll just stop, your issue is beyond any help.

You don't have to compliment me.:enjoy: But I can't complain when you feel this way.

I love it. I mean, I get to read a lot. And I can have some nice time reading how he spins stories. "WHAT IF!!"

Although I feel sorry for him. The irreligious people in a way have some identity crisis. Like the Chinese, after having rich cultures, suddenly everything went sh*t. They lost them, more than 2000-year-old culture over some stupid revolution. It's funny how @sinait claims we killed Buddhist, while the Chinese have already killed them in hordes during the revolution. And even now torturing them in Tibet (Now wait for photos of 'Happy Tibetan people'). Should I post videos of their PLA snipers doing target practice on Tibetan Buddhist refugees who escape oppression? Probably not. You can see it on youtube.

Buddhism is a legacy of the Mongol rule of China, which was pretty much forcible enforced on them given Mongols depopulated the regions China by eliminating 50% of its population.

Peaceful attempts to introduce Buddhism met with barbarous response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Buddhist_Persecutions_in_China

I guess Mao took a page from Yuan ruler's book for imposing Communism on China

Buddhism is a legacy of the Mongol rule of China, which was pretty much forcible enforced on them given Mongols depopulated the regions China by eliminating 50% of its population.

Peaceful attempts to introduce Buddhism met with barbarous response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Buddhist_Persecutions_in_China

I guess Mao took a page from Yuan ruler's book for imposing Communism on China

The fifth one was by the Communist, but the Taoists also faced the reaction.

@Syama Ayas Since they are claiming stuff like Buddha was east Asian, Buddhism is not from here, soon enough they will claim yoga. So brace yourself. :D

Back
Top Bottom