What's new

Is India taking over China through soft power?

Now you are refuting he is not born in that ages.:rofl: (With maybe and will be's of course)

You know what, I'll just stop, your issue is beyond any help.

You don't have to compliment me.:enjoy: But I can't complain when you feel this way.
Sorry your whataboutery is strong when you are losing the argument.
I am just quoting the latest info that estimate the Buddha was born in the 6th century, so around 2600 years ago.
Pali Canon written in 1st century, so 400+ years.
Pillars of Ashoka is NOT account on the Buddha, just an inscription that the Buddha is born there.
Of course I compliment your SUPA POWA, since you are so much better than those archaeologist who can only guesstimate the dates.

Don't go round in circles wasting time, just give me the facts that prove conclusively the Buddha is Indo-Aryan and the Buddha is from India as you claimed.
Or don't go misappropriating the history and religion of others to soothe your bruised ego after centuries of Mughal subjugation and subsequent British enslavement.

The fifth one was by the Communist, but the Taoists also faced the reaction.

@Syama Ayas Since they are claiming stuff like Buddha was east Asian, Buddhism is not from here, soon enough they will claim yoga. So brace yourself. :D
The Chinese members here are not claiming, only my conclusion after studying all the facts.
Ya, you should go blow your horn about Yoga, and leave religion alone.
Or go trumpet your Hinduism, nobody's bothered about Hindutva and Cow Piss.

Sorry your whataboutery is strong when you are losing the argument.
I am just quoting the latest info that estimate the Buddha was born in the 6th century, so around 2600 years ago.
Of course I compliment your SUPA POWA, since you are so much better than those archaeologist who can only guesstimate.

Don't go round in circles wasting time, just give me the facts that prove conclusively the Buddha is Indo-Aryan and the Buddha is from India as you claimed.
Or don't go misappropriating the history and religion of others to soothe your bruised ego after centuries of Mughal subjugation and subsequent British enslavement.
You do not even have an argument for me to lose. You are just crying without any facts. Newly found evidence suggests he is from xyz century.:rolleyes: There will be more and more such assumptions. New discoveries.

Please do read back your own arguments, for once, at least once you didn't reply to my question but jumping pathetically from topics to topics. When one is burst another one takes its place. I gave you facts, he was Indo - Aryan, from the language spoken, with the rulers who ruled before Buddha.

History in the subcontinent didn't start with Buddha. Written records also didn't start with Buddha. Although, a part of the life of Buddha is missing. There is still conclusive evidence from the Buddhist texts about the names of his father mother, son. Everything, although written later, was never disputed by any Buddhist.
Prove me any of these claims are wrong.

Don't ask me to prove something widely accepted. You have to prove all these, that he is not Indo-Aryan, his mother's name wasn't Maya Devi, he was not from Shakya clan, he had no connection with India whatsoever, and he never spoke any Indo Aryan language.

The Chinese members here are not claiming, only my conclusion after studying all the facts.
Ya, you should go blow your horn about Yoga, and leave religion alone.
Trumpet your Hinduism as well, nobody's bothered about Hindutva and Cow Piss.
Sunshine, I'm not even Hindu, so if you think you can somehow abuse me with cow piss and Hindutva, I'm sorry you've been a terrible failure all along. :lol:

You do not even have an argument for me to lose. You are just crying without any facts. Newly found evidence suggests he is from xyz century.:rolleyes: There will be more and more such assumptions. New discoveries.

Please do read back your own arguments, for once, at least once you didn't reply to my question but jumping pathetically from topics to topics. When one is burst another one takes its place. I gave you facts, he was Indo - Aryan, from the language spoken, with the rulers who ruled before Buddha.

History in the subcontinent didn't start with Buddha. Written records also didn't start with Buddha. Although, a part of the life of Buddha is missing. There is still conclusive evidence from the Buddhist texts about the names of his father mother, son. Everything, although written later, was never disputed by any Buddhist.

Don't ask me to prove something widely accepted. You have to prove all these, that he is not Indo-Aryan, his mother's name wasn't Maya Devi, he was not from Shakya clan, he had no connection with India whatsoever, and he never spoke any Indo Aryan language.

Sunshine, I'm not even Hindu, so if you think you can somehow abuse me with cow piss and Hindutva, I'm sorry you've been a terrible failure all along. :lol:
Another whataboutery.
Laughable that Indians trying to steal the glory of Buddhism are asking doubters for facts and proofs.
What?
Conclusive evidence from Buddhist text that was written 400+ years later in Sri Lanka.?
And where in the Buddhist text that say the Buddha is Indo-Aryan or that the Buddha is from India.

And you want believers and followers to dispute what they willingly believe and follow.?
Go tell Muslims to doubt whether prophet Muhammad is real.
But then, there are factual evidence on the prophet Muhammad, unlike the gases you spout.
You must be smoking real good stuff.

Cow piss is a fact, not to anger you.
Yes I remember very well you are Muslim and I respect Muslims.
I mentioned Hinduism because it has strong influence in South East Asia, just not in China which is the topic here.
You can also trumpet the achievements of the powerful Tamil Chola Empire that spread its influence far and wide.
You should be proud of Hinduism, even though you are Muslim.
Don't be despicable and waste your time appropriating credit for Buddhism.

Go tell Muslims to doubt whether prophet Muhammad is real.
But then, there are factual evidence on the prophet Muhammad, unlike the gases you spout.
Don't you dare drag our prophet (SAW), we are not talking about beliefs. I never refute existence of Buddha unlike a liar like you. This is not your stupid little atheist consortium, this is pdf.
Cow piss is a fact, not to anger you. mentioned Hinduism because
Cow piss and Hindutva is neither an issue mister. You were desperately trying to get me angry. And I don't want you to tell me what is the topic because I'm always talking to the point unlike you, who talks India is this and that.
Now back to the topic.
Laughable that Indians trying to steal the glory of Buddhism are asking doubters for facts and proofs.
What?
Ashoka has the credit for spreading Buddhism. Your own comments are full of whataboutery.
Conclusive evidence from Buddhist text that was written 400+ years later in Sri Lanka.?
*Sigh* Buddhist text don't say Buddha is from India. Nor anything about Indo - Aryan because that term was coined recently to denote people of such an origin. Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit are not even called Indo-Aryan languages. These are the basics we used to identify the language.

Coming to your stupidity, Ashoka actually made edicts. They are not Pali canons but rock inscriptions (which I already told you Ashoka never wrote anything on Pali Canons). The one you see in Lumbini is one of the edicts. Which is as recent as 100 - 200 years. Edicts of Ashoka are written in Prakrit. The edict in Lumbini was thought to be written by people of Lumbini themselves in Brahmi script with Prakrit language.

Don't you dare drag our prophet (SAW), we are not talking about beliefs. I never refute existence of Buddha unlike a liar like you. This is not your stupid little atheist consortium, this is pdf.

Cow piss and Hindutva is neither an issue mister. You were desperately trying to get me angry. And I don't want you to tell me what is the topic because I'm always talking to the point unlike you, who talks India is this and that.
Now back to the topic.

Ashoka has the credit for spreading Buddhism. Your own comments are full of whataboutery.

*Sigh* Buddhist text don't say Buddha is from India. Nor anything about Indo - Aryan because that term was coined recently to denote people of such an origin. Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit are not even called Indo-Aryan languages. These are the basics we used to identify the language.

Coming to your stupidity, Ashoka actually made edicts. They are not Pali canons but rock inscriptions (which I already told you Ashoka never wrote anything on Pali Canons). The one you see in Lumbini is one of the edicts. Which is as recent as 100 - 200 years. Edicts of Ashoka are written in Prakrit. The edict in Lumbini was thought to be written by people of Lumbini themselves in Brahmi script with Prakrit language.
I can agree with you that Ashoka helped to spread Buddhism.
But that is not the same as Buddhism is from India or that the Buddha is Indo-Aryan or from India.
If your contention is that India helped to spread Buddhism that originates from a location that is in modern Nepal, I agree.
Don't give me more BS, I am not interested in what edicts, and don't ascribe your nonsense statements to me.
It shows your lack of integrity and intellectual ability to conduct a civil discourse.
Just give me conclusive facts on the Buddha.

I consider myself Agnostic, not Atheist.
I think there is some truth in the efficacy of Cow Piss, but bottling and mass consumption is gross.
Many origin South Asian medicines and medicinal foods are effective.

If your contention is that India helped to spread Buddhism that originates from a location that is in modern Nepal, I agree.
Sorry, my contention is Buddhism originated in the Indian subcontinent. To your claim that he 'may be an east asian'.

Don't give me more BS, I am not interested in what edicts
You are calling one of the most credible proofs of the existence of Buddhist writing as BS.
So you don't want what that proves your arguments as wrong. Fine:rolleyes:

Many origin South Asian medicines and medicinal foods are effective.
That came from Hinduism and Veda if my knowledge is right. Even the uses of cow piss, I don't want to quote all that and get banned.
Cow piss is not edible, I don't see any Hindu claiming they drink cow piss, (in pdf it's used in a derogatory fashion, so unless your aim is to abuse the Hindu what else?) it was definitely used at early ages to keep pests and cow dunk was used to plaster the front yard to keep diseases away. Even being a Muslim, I remember that practice. It has nothing to do with religion but a practice or belief existed in an agrarian family (like mine when we used to have farmlands).
If your contention is that India helped
No, Ashoka helped. He was a Buddhist King ruling Magadha.

Buddha was not of East Asian origin. Because if he was, he should have adopted a different name, Gautama is his name. Buddha means enlightened which will be conferred. Gautama was born in Lumbini, Buddha attained enlightenment in Magadha at a place known as Gaya. These are written in Edicts.

Now the reason I said Buddhism originated in India is, not based on the birth of Buddha but based on the area Buddhism flourished and his disciples. If you have any dispute, don't dispute them with me, because these are not my accounts, but accounts of Buddhists texts that includes edicts which are from Pali canons and Ashoka's rock inscriptions.

Another assumption is based on the close relationships between Veda and Buddhism. Although they are not the same but have similar concepts such as Nirvana, rituals, mantras, yoga and meditation.

Sorry, my contention is Buddhism originated in the Indian subcontinent. To your claim that he 'may be an east asian'.

You are calling one of the most credible proofs of the existence of Buddhist writing as BS.
So you don't want what that proves your arguments as wrong. Fine:rolleyes:

That came from Hinduism and Veda if my knowledge is right. Even the uses of cow piss, I don't want to quote all that and get banned.
Cow piss is not edible, I don't see any Hindu claiming they drink cow piss, (in pdf it's used in a derogatory fashion, so unless your aim is to abuse the Hindu what else?) it was definitely used at early ages to keep pests and cow dunk was used to plaster the front yard to keep diseases away. Even being a Muslim, I remember that practice. It has nothing to do with religion but a practice or belief existed in an agrarian family (like mine when we used to have farmlands).

No, Ashoka helped. He was a Buddhist King ruling Magadha.

Buddha was not of East Asian origin. Because if he was, he should have adopted a different name, Gautama is his name. Buddha means enlightened which will be conferred. Gautama was born in Lumbini, Buddha attained enlightenment in Magadha at a place known as Gaya. These are written in Edicts.

Now the reason I said Buddhism originated in India is, not based on the birth of Buddha but based on the area Buddhism flourished and his disciples. If you have any dispute, don't dispute them with me, because these are not my accounts, but accounts of Buddhists texts that includes edicts which are from Pali canons and Ashoka's rock inscriptions.

Another assumption is based on the close relationships between Veda and Buddhism. Although they are not the same but have similar concepts such as Nirvana, rituals, mantras, yoga and meditation.
Indian Subcontinent is acceptable in my opinion.
That the Buddha is East Asian is my conclusion that I don't foist onto anybody else.
And not worth my time to convince anybody.
South Asia have many contributions in food and medicine as well as religion in our South East Asia region.
Don't waste time on a religion not yours to claim.
It is offensive.

I am not Buddhist and not wanting to waste more time going into Buddhist details.
So far what you contend are not conclusive facts, mostly hearsay and word of mouth for hundreds of years.
Come up with more credible facts if you want to convince doubters with your long winded without substance diatribes.
When you want to disseminate and interpret these accounts of Buddhists texts in ways that falsely state that Buddhism is from India, I have issues with that.
Indian Continent or South Asia is acceptable.

Regarding soft power, "Dangal" is more of the ordeals of a Muslim family in India that is popular but not the top grossing film in China.
It shows the Chinese are open to culture and entertainment from India, not like how the petty Indians treat the Chinese as enemies.

The Chinese and Indians in Singapore live well and closely together.
Our top comedian, Gurmit Singh and our Minister for Foreign Affairs, Vivian Balakrishnan, both have Chinese wives.
Our Deputy Prime Minister is Indian Tamil and could very well be our next Prime Minister.

So I can say we Singaporeans are not so racist as the Indians from India.
Fyi, our Indian Singaporeans also detest the North Indians from India.

Regarding soft power, "Dangal" is more of the ordeals of a Muslim family in India that is popular but not the top grossing film in China.
not Muslim family but Dangal is based on Mahavir Singh Phogat <Hindu Wrester>(played by Aamir Khan<Muslim Actor>) is a former amateur wrestler and national champion based in Balali, a village in Haryana. He was forced by his father to give up the sport in order to obtain gainful employment. Dejected that he could not win a medal for his country, he vows that his unborn son will. Disappointed upon having four daughters, he gives up hope. But when his older daughters Geeta and Babita come home after beating up two boys in response to derogatory comments, he realises their potential to become wrestlers and begins coaching them. both Geeta Phogat & Babita Phogat are Indian women wrestlers.
99% Muslim families in India are very conservative and dont allow women much freedom in some senses as backward as their pakistani cousins.

not Muslim family but Dangal is based on Mahavir Singh Phogat <Hindu Wrester>(played by Aamir Khan<Muslim Actor>) is a former amateur wrestler and national champion based in Balali, a village in Haryana. He was forced by his father to give up the sport in order to obtain gainful employment. Dejected that he could not win a medal for his country, he vows that his unborn son will. Disappointed upon having four daughters, he gives up hope. But when his older daughters Geeta and Babita come home after beating up two boys in response to derogatory comments, he realises their potential to become wrestlers and begins coaching them. both Geeta Phogat & Babita Phogat are Indian women wrestlers.
99% Muslim families in India are very conservative and dont allow women much freedom in some senses as backward as their pakistani cousins.
Ha, wanting to watch it, but so far haven't found the time yet.
I watch a lot of Indian shows during my younger days, but mostly SunTV types.
Thks.

Ha, wanting to watch it, but so far haven't found the time yet.
I watch a lot of Indian shows during my younger days, but mostly SunTV types.
Thks.

glad you are curious about India. I am myself curious about China but due to language barrier cant see what's hip in china :) ,,, on the other hand got overdose of pakistan so losing interest other than pdf where pakistanis discuss about India

Indian Subcontinent is acceptable in my opinion.
That the Buddha is East Asian is my conclusion that I don't foist onto anybody else.
And not worth my time to convince anybody.
South Asia have many contributions in food and medicine as well as religion in our South East Asia region.
Don't waste time on a religion not yours to claim.
It is offensive.
You are free to have your opinion. And I don't have to claim any religion which is already celebrated as flourished in what is today's India as it's originated and propagated. It has nothing to do with nationalism. India has no national religion either.
When you want to disseminate and interpret these accounts of Buddhists texts in ways that falsely state that Buddhism is from India, I have issues with that.
As far as I read, Buddhist text does not give much importance to where it originated apart from the holy site in Bodh Gaya where a diamond plate under a tree is placed showing the remains of the shrine ashoka build to commemorate the place where Buddha got enlightenment. (These are solely based on sculptures)
Probably you don't like it because you feel the people don't deserve to be called from where such tradition originated. People have bad experiences with different nationalities. I understand I feel similar about some Arabs I've met.
It shows the Chinese are open to culture and entertainment from India, not like how the petty Indians treat the Chinese as enemies.
Indeed, but again it has little to do with religion, and probably it's top-grossing because there are things one can relate to. Like strict parents who whipped their kids forced them to do things and finally, they became successful.
The Chinese and Indians in Singapore live well and closely together.
Our top comedian, Gurmit Singh and our Minister for Foreign Affairs, Vivian Balakrishnan, both have Chinese wives.
Our Deputy Prime Minister is Indian Tamil and could very well be our next Prime Minister.
I don't have anything against Singaporeans or you for that matter, they are all good and nice people. In fact, outside pdf, my experience with Chinese people were remarkably good (From MU, there are a lot of Chinese origin and Indian origin people).
So I can say we Singaporeans are not so racist as the Indians from India.
Fyi, our Indian Singaporeans also detest the North Indians from India.
Racism in India has little to do with Skin color, but more to do with regional pride (North - South - East), and caste.

glad you are curious about India. I am myself curious about China but due to language barrier cant see what's hip in china :) ,,, on the other hand got overdose of pakistan so losing interest other than pdf where pakistanis discuss about India
Ya, very regrettable there is so much animosity between fellow Asians.
Imagine the synergy of economic activity if all 3 countries were to cooperate in a friendly way.
I guess the imperial colonialist was very good at installing seeds of distrust and disputes all over the world.
I am afraid I am biased more to the cause of Pakistan.
I find it hard to agree to what is happening in Kashmir.

Ya, very regrettable there is so much animosity between fellow Asians.
Imagine the synergy of economic activity if all 3 countries were to cooperate in a friendly way.
I guess the imperial colonialist was very good at installing seeds of distrust and disputes all over the world.
I am afraid I am biased more to the cause of Pakistan.
I find it hard to agree to what is happening in Kashmir.

kashmir is a radical islamic struggle not some peaceful one, they killed thousands of innocent kashmiri hindus in a single day, raped kashmiri hindus girls and then cut them into pieces their own neighbors...
still Indian army or govt didnt responded still they are getting subsidized everything ... kashmir is a Hindu and Indian ancient land from time immemorial, muslims already got more than they deserved in 1947.. now no more..
all islamist will be killed even if it takes 1000 years for Indian nation.
India has lost patience now for these radical islamists only secular muslims will be adopted by Indian nation.
so doesnt matter what outsiders think kashmir will remain in India.

kashmir is a radical islamic struggle not some peaceful one, they killed thousands of innocent kashmiri hindus in a single day, raped kashmiri hindus girls and then cut them into pieces their own neighbors...
still Indian army or govt didnt responded still they are getting subsidized everything ... kashmir is a Hindu and Indian ancient land from time immemorial, muslims already got more than they deserved in 1947.. now no more..
all islamist will be killed even if it takes 1000 years for Indian nation.
India has lost patience now for these radical islamists only secular muslims will be adopted by Indian nation.
so doesnt matter what outsiders think kashmir will remain in India.
That's why they say an eye for an eye, everyone will be blind.
No easy way out.
Very sad.
Its hate begets hate that never ends.
Can only hope for a happy ending.
Singapore Malay Muslims are very friendly and kind.
They are also very cooperative.
They were willing to lower the speakers volume for their call for prayers long ago in Singapore.
I guess things go bad once it goes downhill and it needed a humongous effort on both sides to stop the vicious spiral downwards.
So in Singapore we have authoritarian laws to not let interracial or inter religious relations go bad or else emotions take over and everything goes downhill.
I feel too much democracy and freedom during the development of a country is not a good thing.
We tend to overrate our ability to handle sensitive issues.

Last edited:
You are free to have your opinion. And I don't have to claim any religion which is already celebrated as flourished in what is today's India as it's originated and propagated. It has nothing to do with nationalism. India has no national religion either.

As far as I read, Buddhist text does not give much importance to where it originated apart from the holy site in Bodh Gaya where a diamond plate under a tree is placed showing the remains of the shrine ashoka build to commemorate the place where Buddha got enlightenment. (These are solely based on sculptures)
Probably you don't like it because you feel the people don't deserve to be called from where such tradition originated. People have bad experiences with different nationalities. I understand I feel similar about some Arabs I've met.

Indeed, but again it has little to do with religion, and probably it's top-grossing because there are things one can relate to. Like strict parents who whipped their kids forced them to do things and finally, they became successful.

I don't have anything against Singaporeans or you for that matter, they are all good and nice people. In fact, outside pdf, my experience with Chinese people were remarkably good (From MU, there are a lot of Chinese origin and Indian origin people).

Racism in India has little to do with Skin color, but more to do with regional pride (North - South - East), and caste.

Making excuses for racism? By trying to say racism is about North, East ect? Then why do Indian call Indians from the North East chinky? I guess it's not racism.

Back
Top Bottom