What's new

Is India taking over China through soft power?

of which over 60% came from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan

No, foreign countries to mainland China. You can check year to year ranking, China attracts consistently 55 over million tourists each year!

China has the most (or 2nd most) UNESCO world heritage sites

Last edited:
I love it. I mean, I get to read a lot. And I can have some nice time reading how he spins stories. "WHAT IF!!"

Although I feel sorry for him. The irreligious people in a way have some identity crisis. Like the Chinese, after having rich cultures, suddenly everything went sh*t. They lost them, more than 2000-year-old culture over some stupid revolution. It's funny how @sinait claims we killed Buddhist, while the Chinese have already killed them in hordes during the revolution. And even now torturing them in Tibet (Now wait for photos of 'Happy Tibetan people'). Should I post videos of their PLA snipers doing target practice on Tibetan Buddhist refugees who escape oppression? Probably not. You can see it on youtube.
Well - there is that Romanian video on youtube - even as the Tibetans are moving towards India seeking refugee status - the Chinese Army is shooting at them.

I got all the same info from Wiki, what is new.?
Those Indian BS shitters are saying specifically Buddhism is from India, not the Indian subcontinent which will be acceptable.
You are telling me now that the Buddha got all his ideas because of where he is sitting and not from his brain.?
Where is the proof of when the Buddha start having his theories or way of life.?
Did the Buddha leave any personal diaries and notes.?

Waste of my time with Indians always out to brag and misappropriate achievements of others to fill the void of having dismal accomplishments and self aggrandizement to forget the humiliation of being enslaved by the Muslims and later by the British.

I wouldn't argue with Indians if they just stick to Yoga, Indian food, and Hinduism.
Bruce Lee, born in the US, developed his skills in the US, and became famous as the side kick of "The Green Hornet" in the US before he hit it really big world wide.
Does that mean he is not a Chinese.?
The Buddha is claimed to be a Shakyan, and will never be a Nepali or Indian.
The Buddha is claimed to be from Shakya, and will never be from Nepal or India, but from a place located in modern Nepal.
Unfortunately we don't have photos 2600 years ago on how a Shakya looks.
I am quite convinced the Buddha is of East Asian ethnicity.
That is for your simple IQ82 mind, that he had features common to people in East Asia.
That is my personal opinion, so don't ask me for proofs as I don't make a claim or impose my opinion on others like greedy Imperialistic self aggrandizing Indians do.

Funny how the ignorant call others stupid.
Just come out with your factual proofs and not waste time with Indian BS.
I am no expert on Buddhism or any other religion.
I have a bunch of Nepali friends with the last name Shakya - you can just Google "Shakya" you know. But since you prefer to entertain us with your antics - it is a win win.

Pls don't believe Indian bragging, worldwide Indian food is nowhere to be seen. Chinese food is among the most popular.

"There are more Chinese restaurants than McDonald's, Burger Kings and KFC's combined." NY Times Mark Bittman
You missed my "occasionally" there.
Anyway Indian food is quite popular in Singapore.
Paratha roti, Thosai, and Chapati for breakfast and Biryani rice are common.
You can try them, but their hygiene and cleanliness is suspect and we had many cases of food poisoning from Indian food.
Many Indian food establishments had bans by the authorities due to cockroaches and rats infestation.
So I don't eat too much Indian food, but not bad and prices are usually economical compared to Chinese cuisine.
I grew up among Indian Tamils when young and practically ate Indian breakfast a lot.

I got all the same info from Wiki, what is new.?
Those Indian BS shitters are saying specifically Buddhism is from India, not the Indian subcontinent which will be acceptable.
You are telling me now that the Buddha got all his ideas because of where he is sitting and not from his brain.?
Where is the proof of when the Buddha start having his theories or way of life.?
Did the Buddha leave any personal diaries and notes.?

Waste of my time with Indians always out to brag and misappropriate achievements of others to fill the void of having dismal accomplishments and self aggrandizement to forget the humiliation of being enslaved by the Muslims and later by the British.

I wouldn't argue with Indians if they just stick to Yoga, Indian food, and Hinduism.
Bruce Lee, born in the US, developed his skills in the US, and became famous as the side kick of "The Green Hornet" in the US before he hit it really big world wide.
Does that mean he is not a Chinese.?
The Buddha is claimed to be a Shakyan, and will never be a Nepali or Indian.
The Buddha is claimed to be from Shakya, and will never be from Nepal or India, but from a place located in modern Nepal.

I'm no archeologist to prove to you that it came from this place. But you can refer to well-known archeologists. In layman terms, because you are so thick-skulled, whatever is posted on Wikipedia is moderated, especially when it comes to Buddhism, which is a sensitive topic for millions of people. So, it is not me and few Indians who claim it's from India, but millions of Buddhists who take the pilgrimage to Lumbini, or Bodh Gaya.

Why not? He was sitting in the exact place and that's why Mahabodhi tree is important in Buddhism. Leaving a lifestyle means you are abandoning it. Buddha didn't preach his kshatriya lifestyle. That's what it is in Lumbini.
Now that you are an oxymoron who asks for proof for the existence of Buddha. Your issue is pathological. Take it this way, there was no reason for Buddha to write it down, it was his disciples who spread it to Magadha. Ashoka came more than 100 years later. Even during that time, Buddha was revered and worshipped in Bodh gaya. What Ashoka did was preserve the tree (which was destroyed many times after him).

Buddha was doing Yoga though. Surprise? All the archeological excavations show Buddha in yogic position. Also, the correlation between Buddhist texts and sculptures from Ashoka were all in Prakrit.
Unfortunately we don't have photos 2600 years ago on how a Shakya looks.
I am quite convinced the Buddha is of East Asian ethnicity.
That is for your simple IQ82 mind, that he had features common to people in East Asia.
That is my personal opinion, so don't ask me for proofs as I don't make a claim or impose my opinion on others like greedy Imperialistic self aggrandizing Indians do.
Buddy, you need to get some help. In one line you claim you have no idea how Shakya looks, second you claim they should look like East Asian. Even Nepali people do not look like East Asian.:lol:
Do you want to know how Shakya look? Just look at which region they were part of at the time. They were not part of East Asia or even Tibeto - Burman region. They speak the same language as rest of India. Language has strong correlation with ethnicity. East Asia had no Indio-aryan language. Please prove me otherwise.
Or at least a minute relation between the Chinese and Sanskrit language which proves the exchange of people at the time.

My comment is not based on assumptions. while your entire point is with assumptions and not to mention hate. Just cant accept fact.

Many Indian food establishments had bans by the authorities due to cockroaches and rats infestation.
While Chinese infested their food with frigging opium. LOL
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35381169

I'm no archeologist to prove to you that it came from this place. But you can refer to well-known archeologists. In layman terms, because you are so thick-skulled, whatever is posted on Wikipedia is moderated, especially when it comes to Buddhism, which is a sensitive topic for millions of people. So, it is not me and few Indians who claim it's from India, but millions of Buddhists who take the pilgrimage to Lumbini, or Bodh Gaya.

Why not? He was sitting in the exact place and that's why Mahabodhi tree is important in Buddhism. Leaving a lifestyle means you are abandoning it. Buddha didn't preach his kshatriya lifestyle. That's what it is in Lumbini.
Now that you are an oxymoron who asks for proof for the existence of Buddha. Your issue is pathological. Take it this way, there was no reason for Buddha to write it down, it was his disciples who spread it to Magadha. Ashoka came more than 100 years later. Even during that time, Buddha was revered and worshipped in Bodh gaya. What Ashoka did was preserve the tree (which was destroyed many times after him).

Buddha was doing Yoga though. Surprise? All the archeological excavations show Buddha in yogic position. Also, the correlation between Buddhist texts and sculptures from Ashoka were all in Prakrit.

Buddy, you need to get some help. In one line you claim you have no idea how Shakya looks, second you claim they should look like East Asian. Even Nepali people do not look like East Asian.:lol:
Do you want to know how Shakya look? Just look at which region they were part of at the time. They were not part of East Asia or even Tibeto - Burman region. They speak the same language as rest of India. Language has strong correlation with ethnicity. East Asia had no Indio-aryan language. Please prove me otherwise.
Or at least a minute relation between the Chinese and Sanskrit language which proves the exchange of people at the time.

My comment is not based on assumptions. while your entire point is with assumptions and not to mention hate. Just cant accept fact.

While Chinese infested their food with frigging opium. LOL
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35381169
What makes you think the Shakyans look anything like the people presently occupying the area that the ancient Shakyans once inhabited.
Please come back with factual proofs and ceased with your abusive language.
I have roughly the same thoughts about Buddhism as what is being popularly disseminated until my Sikh lawyer friend told me some logical information to the contrary only a few years ago.
I think around 2010.
That was the first time I heard of Lumbini from him.

What's with Indians, all those controversy with the non existent Surgical Strike.
Why have anything to do with Indians become a you say he said, like who won on Donglang Plateau.
For once do something substantial and have the facts to prove it.
Always controversial, ending in non conclusive verbal fights, like your stupid aircraft carrier that needed to launch a few times.
And what happened to your nuclear submarine.?

With so much BS from Indians, I dare not believe Indian hearsays anymore.
Just like their Baa2 credit rating, not far from JUNK.

What makes you think the Shakyans look anything like the people presently occupying the area that the ancient Shakyans once inhabited.
Please come back with factual proofs and ceased with your abusive language.
I have roughly the same thoughts about Buddhism as what is being popularly disseminated until my Sikh lawyer friend told me some logical information to the contrary only a few years ago.
I think around 2010.
That was the first time I heard of Lumbini from him.

What's with Indians, all those controversy with the non existent Surgical Strike.
Why have anything to do with Indians become a you say he said, like who won on Donglang Plateau.
For once do something substantial and have the facts to prove it.
Always controversial, ending in non conclusive verbal fights, like your stupid aircraft carrier that needed to launch a few times.
And what happened to your nuclear submarine.?

With so much BS from Indians, I dare not believe Indian hearsays anymore.
Just like their Baa2 credit rating, not far from JUNK.
Because the Shakyans were Aryans only they spoke languages of Indo-Aryan family. They spoke the same language like the others. While the South Indians formed a different language group because people were different in the sense. The Tibetans Speak different language altogether, Lumbini is just geographically in Nepal right now by few miles it should have been in India. And where did I abuse you snowflake? Get your Sikh friend and have him read some history else you won't say these kinds of half-cooked stories about India. If you want to prove they speak Prakrit, look at their names. Buddhas mother is Maya devi, Devi meaning Devine and Maya meaning illusion in Sanskrit.

Now, since you are running out of points you are deflecting the topic. That was a pathetic attempt though. :lol:
Your argument is bound by hatred of India, hence it's skewed. No matter what I prove, you just can't accept the fact we were part of a great civilization of philosophical thinking. There is no cure for that.
Good day.

Because the Shakyans were Aryans only they spoke languages of Indo-Aryan family. They spoke the same language like the others. While the South Indians formed a different language group because people were different in the sense. The Tibetans Speak different language altogether, Lumbini is just geographically in Nepal right now by few miles it should have been in India. And where did I abuse you snowflake? Get your Sikh friend and have him read some history else you won't say these kinds of half-cooked stories about India. If you want to prove they speak Prakrit, look at their names. Buddhas mother is Maya devi, Devi meaning Devine and Maya meaning illusion in Sanskrit.

Now, since you are running out of points you are deflecting the topic. That was a pathetic attempt though. :lol:
Your argument is bound by hatred of India, hence it's skewed. No matter what I prove, you just can't accept the fact we were part of a great civilization of philosophical thinking. There is no cure for that.
Good day.
Spouting nonsense again.
Wonder when you tire of getting facts out of your behind.
Come back when you have archaeological proofs that the Shakyans were Aryans.

Donald Trump name is 唐纳德·特朗普.
In the future after a nuclear war, people will say he is a Chinese as he got a Chinese name 唐纳德·特朗普.
纳伦德拉莫迪 is also a Chinese since he got a Chinese name, its Modi for you.
The world knows Genghis Khan, which is a title given to a man named 铁木真 (Temujin).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha
No written records about Gautama were found from his lifetime or some centuries thereafter.
Frankly we don't really know what the Buddha calls himself.
Or whether his mother is named Maya Devi.
Except hearsay from Indian centric and biased Indian BS became facts for you.

Spouting nonsense again.
Wonder when you tire of getting facts out of your behind.
Come back when you have archaeological proofs that the Shakyans were Aryans.

Donald Trump name is 唐纳德·特朗普.
In the future after a nuclear war, people will say he is a Chinese as he got a Chinese name 唐纳德·特朗普.
纳伦德拉莫迪 is also a Chinese since he got a Chinese name, its Modi for you.
The world knows Genghis Khan, which is a title given to a man named 铁木真 (Temujin).
Look buddy I don't give a damn about your language. What China has to do with the birth of Buddha?
I'm posting the link again, read again rather than living in denial.

http://himalaya.socanth.cam.ac.uk/collections/journals/ancientnepal/pdf/ancient_nepal_155_03.pdf
No written records about Gautama were found from his lifetime or some centuries thereafter.
Frankly we don't really know what the Buddha calls himself.
Or whether his mother is named Maya Devi.
Except hearsay from Indian centric and biased Indian BS became facts for you.

That's why archeological evidence that suggests the name and place of Buddha. The written records started with Ashoka. i.e that came more than hundred years later. Which again doesn't prove he is not from Lumbini.

Oxymoronic comments just above you said there is no proof Maya Devi is the mother, but here you claim Shakyans probably look like East Asians and not South Asian. We can sit here and deny every archeological evidence.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/archaeology/research/projects/all/?mode=project&id=662

Now, please bring any, at least one proof that Buddha is not from the Indian subcontinent. Rather than sitting there refuting all the proofs with whataboutism. Or don't reply at all if you are again quoting ting tong language to say Donald Trump is Dongcheng Trumpo so Buddha is someone else.

Look buddy I don't give a damn about your language. What China has to do with the birth of Buddha?
I'm posting the link again, read again rather than living in denial.

http://himalaya.socanth.cam.ac.uk/collections/journals/ancientnepal/pdf/ancient_nepal_155_03.pdf

That's why archeological evidence that suggests the name and place of Buddha. The written records started with Ashoka. i.e that came more than hundred years later. Which again doesn't prove he is not from Lumbini.

Oxymoronic comments just above you said there is no proof Maya Devi is the mother, but here you claim Shakyans probably look like East Asians and not South Asian. We can sit here and deny every archeological evidence.
https://www.dur.ac.uk/archaeology/research/projects/all/?mode=project&id=662

Now, please bring any, at least one proof that Buddha is not from the Indian subcontinent. Rather than sitting there refuting all the proofs with whataboutism. Or don't reply at all if you are again quoting ting tong language to say Donald Trump is Dongcheng Trumpo so Buddha is someone else.
Maybe it is too difficult for you to comprehend such simple concepts.
I can understand that coming from someone from a country not known for intelligence.
It simply means whatever is written centuries after the Buddha had passed away and its people massacred and its land annexed by foreign invaders cannot serve as the language that was spoken by the Buddha and the people now residing there are not the original occupiers.

That's it, don't quote me anymore unless you have more convincing archaeological evidence that the Buddha is an Indo-Aryan and he is ancestor to some of the people in India. Even then, the Buddha is widely known to be from ancient Lumbini, in modern day Nepal, nothing to do with India.

I stopped reading that article at where it says "at the place where two dragons washed the newly born prince with hot and cold water.".
Feel free to take your facts from fiction and Bollywood, not me.
I don't believe in dragons until I see one.

Good day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Nepal
History of Nepal
Prehistoric site of palaeolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic have been discovered in the Siwalik hills of Dang District.[4] From the ancient records Nepal was originally inhabited by the Mongoloid people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Nepal
History of Nepal
Prehistoric site of palaeolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic have been discovered in the Siwalik hills of Dang District.[4] From the ancient records Nepal was originally inhabited by the Mongoloid people.
Neolithic era (6000+ years old)? :rolleyes: Fast forward 3000 years. We will reach Bronze and Iron age. Now, we are in Buddha's era. One who spoke Pali, according to the excavations and Pali canons preserved in Sri Lanka. The teachings were translated into oral traditions. Buddha was not a Hunter-gatherer but of royal origin.

Secondly, your own link says excavations happened outside Lumbini, more than hundred miles away from where Buddha lived. Everything that happened to him every name connected to Buddha is in Prakrit. Buddha's mother, Father, Son, Wife. This is not an Indian coverup.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ten_principal_disciples
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śuddhodana

If you are saying they are Pali speaking east Asians, wrong. The Sanskrit language was spoken by Indo - Aryan people. Not Mongoloid people. In fact if you want real Mongoloid people, search History of Bhutan.

Neolithic era (6000+ years old)? :rolleyes: Fast forward 3000 years. We will reach Bronze and Iron age. Now, we are in Buddha's era. One who spoke Pali, according to the excavations and Pali canons preserved in Sri Lanka. The teachings were translated into oral traditions. Buddha was not a Hunter-gatherer but of royal origin.

Secondly, your own link says excavations happened outside Lumbini, more than hundred miles away from where Buddha lived. Everything that happened to him every name connected to Buddha is in Prakrit. Buddha's mother, Father, Son, Wife. This is not an Indian coverup.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ten_principal_disciples
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Śuddhodana

If you are saying they are Pali speaking east Asians, wrong. The Sanskrit language was spoken by Indo - Aryan people. Not Mongoloid people. In fact if you want real Mongoloid people, search History of Bhutan.
You can still find East Asians/Mongoloid in present day Nepal and North East India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakya
Virudhaka, as an act of vengeance, he invaded the Shakya territory, massacred them and annexed it.
Pali records are few hundred years after death of the Buddha and the massacre of all the Shakyans.
No more BS please.

You can still find East Asians/Mongoloid in present day Nepal and North East India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakya
Virudhaka, as an act of vengeance, he invaded the Shakya territory, massacred them and annexed it.
Pali records are few hundred years after death of the Buddha and the massacre of all the Shakyans.
No more BS please.

Again, where is the proof that they are East Asian rather quoting their story? And you are a series oxymoronic comments, so no records of Shakyas were found but you are saying they got massacred. o_O

It's not BS, you can't face the fact in the process you are only disproving yourselves. When you quote these sources, please do check their name. All Sanskrit names. Either Ashoka was naming people and rewriting history, or they were Indo-Aryans who spoke Indio- Aryan languages. Not someone who spoke Tibeto Burmese languages because there are people in Nepal who speak Tibeto -Burman languages and Tibetan names. And Present day, Nepal is not the same of BC400 - 200. A lot of things happened, from Mahajanapakas to Rajputs who ruled the place.

Lastly, what happened to India infested Wikipedia. You are fully relying on Wikipedia. Full of contradictions. :disagree:

Again, where is the proof that they are East Asian rather quoting their story? And you are a series oxymoronic comments, so no records of Shakyas were found but you are saying they got massacred. o_O

It's not BS, you can't face the fact in the process you are only disproving yourselves. When you quote these sources, please do check their name. All Sanskrit names. Either Ashoka was naming people and rewriting history, or they were Indo-Aryans who spoke Indio- Aryan languages. Not someone who spoke Tibeto Burmese languages because there are people in Nepal who speak Tibeto -Burman languages and Tibetan names. And Present day, Nepal is not the same of BC400 - 200. A lot of things happened, from Mahajanapakas to Rajputs who ruled the place.

Lastly, what happened to India infested Wikipedia. You are fully relying on Wikipedia. Full of contradictions. :disagree:
I am quoting Indian infested Wiki for your reference, as you are Indian, believe what you will.
So you agree with me all these Indian centric info are without basis, mostly from hearsay, so "Caveat Emptor".
May I remind you I am not Buddhist and find no necessity to believe any "God" or ghost.

You might as well say China don't belong to the Chinese because "China" is claimed to be Persian for porcelain.
So "China" is coined by the Persian, therefore China is Persian, is how your logic work.
We have stupid Indians who say China only existed after the Silk Road because that's when the word "China" came about. Same logic with your Sanskrit names which came about many hundreds of years after the Buddha.
It is possible that the Buddha didn't know the Indians called him "Guatama" just like an ancient Chinese didn't know the Persians were calling their country "China" instead of "中国"(zhongguo).

Nobody knows for sure what happened 2600 years ago.
Don't go around falsely claiming the Buddha was from India or that he was Indo-Aryan as FACTS.
Its fine if you have such personal opinion, but it is NOT proven fact.

Either come up with convincing evidence or stop your BS.
I agree one thing great about Indians is they are good at misappropriating the achievement of others and self aggrandizement.
Virtual Surgical Strike.
132 exaflops SUPA COMPUTA 2017
SUPA POWA 2012.
ECONOMIC SUPA POWA 2030.

Last edited:
I am quoting Indian infested Wiki for your reference, as you are Indian, believe what you will.
So you agree with me all this Indian centric info are without basis, mostly from hearsay, so "Caveat Emptor".
May I remind you I am not Buddhist and find no necessity to believe any "God" or ghost.
aww! That's so sweet of you. I couldn't care any less about you. So save it.
You might as well say China don't belong to the Chinese because "China" is claimed to be Persian for porcelain.
So "China" is coined by the Persian, therefore China is Persian, is how your logic work.
We have stupid Indians who say China only existed after the Silk Road because that's when the word "China" came about.
I own up to my words, I never claimed China is something. I don't speak for anyone else. So, what anyone says about China, in a non-issue here. We are talking about the influence India had culturally on China.

In this context we are not talking about a country, but we are talking about a whole bunch of people. And they don't get alternative names just like that.

Same logic with your Sanskrit names which came about many hundreds of years after the Buddha.
It is possible that the Buddha didn't know the Indians called him "Guatama" just like an ancient Chinese didn't know the Persians were calling their country "China" instead of "中国"(zhongguo).
Says you. I asked you to prove your claim, rather than giving your intuition. Since most historians agree on the fact that Shakyans indeed spoke Indo - Aryan languages. That means they are in no way connected to East Asians. Sanskrit names didn't come after hundreds of years, it was there even before Buddha. Say more than 1000 years before. Now do not claim Shakyas are nameless people. Why do you think his disciples would rename them?
Even the widely accepted Pali canons of Theravada Buddhism connect Shakyans to Indo - Aryans. In short, whatever you claim has no proof. What I claim is substantiated with a plethora of proofs. And I don't think Ashoka was part of any historical coverup, he was a staounch follower of Buddhism and he wouldn't go against one of the traditional values, 'to lie' and most importantly about Buddha himself.

Nobody knows for sure what happened 2600 years ago.
Don't go around falsely claiming the Buddha was from India or that he was Indo-Aryan as FACTS.
Its fine if you have such personal opinion, but it is NOT proven fact.
If you can't accept those proofs out of hatred for India it's fine.
It's funny how you are refuting all the evidence from Ashoka to Pali cannons, and sticking on to "he is not Indian" he is some East Asians. I understand your region never had any history that had much impact on the world. But for at least once refute any claim I made with historical facts and not 'may be's'. I have no issue if he is Mongoloid, Indo - Aryan, or Indo - Scythian. He will still be part of Indian subcontinent. Because that's where Buddhism flourished.
Either come up with convincing evidence or stop your BS.
I agree one thing great about Indians is they are good at misappropriating the achievement of others and self aggrandizement.
Virtual Surgical Strike.
132 exaflops SUPA COMPUTA 2017
SUPA POWA 2012.
ECONOMIC SUPA POWA 2030.
:blah:Desperate attempt dude. Soo desperate.

Back
Top Bottom