What's new

Is Hinduism monotheistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinduism does not have a code book. So if you consider it Monotheism it is so for you. You are free to choose your own path. :)
But IMO it is Monotheism.

No. most of hindus in India and Napel are polytheists. i am also polytheistic. we have almost 3,00,00,000 gods but we have 3 main gods and 1 leader named "Shiva".:ashamed:

What makes you ashamed? Besides 3.33 crore 'Gods' are not Gods but Devta/Devis. That is not equivalent to Abrahamic Gods.

Hinduism is polytheistic...but not in the sense of a western classification. Hinduism, being the original religion, cannot be put into the tight slots prescribed by later religions.

what do u mean banned,this is not an article of the constitution.

every caste is important,if you lose your historic structures,u ll end up like the filipinos/kenyans or even worse the pakistanis.

Only thing common to dharmic cultures are,there is no need to have violence over spiritual beliefs.

Mercenaries can be from anywhere,they have no religion.

Even Hindus have sufi influence and thats a big problem for us.
Does not matter. The time for Caste System is over. It is time for us to be united. If legislature can ban it, so be it.

Does not matter. The time for Caste System is over. It is time for us to be united. If legislature can ban it, so be it.

Precisely, I see Baba Nanak's message in universal sufism and Dzogchen Buddhism .

Strange thing,tibetans revere Baba Nanak as a reincarnation of Guru Padmasambhava who started Dzogchen and tibetan buddhism.

Hinduism is polytheistic...but not in the sense of a western classification. Hinduism, being the original religion, cannot be put into the tight slots prescribed by later religions.

what is a western classification?

Precisely, I see Baba Nanak's message in universal sufism and Dzogchen Buddhism .

Strange thing,tibetans revere Baba Nanak as a reincarnation of Guru Padmasambhava who started Dzogchen and tibetan buddhism.

Nothing wrong with such idealism but practically,one cant take it seriously.

What is polytheism if not a western classification? Does any of the eastern religions classify on the basis of number of gods?

In Hinduism, all "material" entities, including the inanimate world, the "living beings", and the "gods" are simply manifestations of Brahman. Aham Brahmasmi. So when there is no distiction between the creator and the created, where is monotheism or polytheism?

Only thing common to dharmic cultures are,there is no need to have violence over spiritual beliefs.

There is a reason for that. When Indian spiritual beliefs were evolving itself and paving towards a new approach of defining itself,the only method which was extensively adopted was logical reasoning and debate in the King's court. No body thought of using sword to spread his own religious manifestations as there was no immediate berserk threat apprehension present in the spiritual eminence's mind.The peaceful rise of Buddhism and again the resurrection of Hinduism later in the 9th century in the most amicable manner is the perfect example of this placatory spiritual environment.

Nothing wrong with such idealism but practically,one cant take it seriously.

No one asked you. Guru Nanak was considered a sufi. Maybe you should check out nanakshahi sect of muslim sikhs whose start was under Bhai Mardana ji who was a muslim companion of Baba Nanak in his udasis. Why do Shias revere Baba Nanak so much?

Please don't make it a hindu -muslim issue again. I am already tired of sunni extremism and do not like the extremism of hindus who see no fault in their ways. How about you stop taking things from the Ego and try to read through Guru Granth Sahib for once...Also,there are several gelug monks who say that they have seen baba nanak as reincarnation of Guru Padmasambhava and the same with sufis also , though they think he was a special saint from Allah.

At least be united over something or is it just that you lust for our blood? Because Baba Nanak would not approve of us hating each other.

No one asked you. Guru Nanak was considered a sufi. Maybe you should check out nanakshahi sect of muslim sikhs whose start was under Bhai Mardana ji who was a muslim companion of Baba Nanak in his udasis. Why do Shias revere Baba Nanak so much?

Please don't make it a hindu -muslim issue again. I am already tired of sunni extremism and do not like the extremism of hindus who see no fault in their ways. How about you stop taking things from the Ego and try to read through Guru Granth Sahib for once...Also,there are several gelug monks who say that they have seen baba nanak as reincarnation of Guru Padmasambhava and the same with sufis also , though they think he was a special saint from Allah.

At least be united over something or is it just that you lust for our blood? Because Baba Nanak would not approve of us hating each other.

I have Shia friends and there is nothing wrong with Sufism too.

The issue here is that when it starts influencing the king or the rulers.

I don't lust for anyone's blood,infact I respect Iran the most in the region for their sheer class.

But the story here is this region has its own history and politics.

Baba nanak is very respected and adored by one and all,again as I repeat guru gobind Singh is the most important person,please readup.

I have Shia friends and there is nothing wrong with Sufism too.

I don't lust for anyone's blood,infact I respect Iran the most in the region for their sheer class.

But the story here is this region has its own history and politics.

Baba nanak is very respected and adored by one and all,again as I repeat guru gobind Singh is the most important person,please readup.

For us both baba nanak and Pir Guru Gobind Singh ji are important.Guru Gobind Singh ji and Pir Buddhu Shah gave their lives to save hindus and shias both who were being exterminated by Aurangzeb.The first persons to come to to aid Guru Gobind Singh ji was Pir Buddhu Shah ji and when Pir Buddhu Shah ji with 700 of his followers when the hill rajas alongside the mughals attacked guru gobind singh ji and ultimately Pir buddhu ji was killed by Emperor Bahadur shah,Guru gobind singh ji sent Banda Bahadur ji to kill the Governer of Sirhind who was responsible for killing the Guru's sons and Pir Buddhu Shah ji.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/276519-hinduism-monotheistic-3.html#ixzz2ebtAnDqQ

Same can be said for brahminism and its civil wars with buddhism which led to the varna system weakened India considered and opened it to islamic invasions,once a zen buddhist monk told me that what happened to india was divine punishment from higher forces for mass murdering and attempting to crush buddhist saints ,but then I asked what about the brutal mass murders of buddhists by muslim invaders in Afghanistan and the burning of nalanda, he said islamic world then suffered the death of more than 100 million in the hands of Tengri Buddhist Genghis khan and his son Hulagu Khan. ..Yes, I know about the mullah ulema and sunni pseudo sufi who instigated Aurangzeb to start conversion and genocide against Hindus and shias.Ultimately it is said that Guru ji put a curse on the Mughals and their descendants that they will be uprooted and destroyed and look at the descendants of Mughals today,they live in slums of Kolkata.

I have read up , and your statement that mercenaries have no religion spoke volumes to me . Saints have no religion and those who murder saints whether hindu,sufi,buddhist,christians face divine punishment to extremes....If Pir Buddhu shah ji was some mercenary then Guru Gobind ji would not have ordered Banda Bahadur ji to attack the Mughal Empire and bring the mughal murderers of Pir Buddhu ji to justice.But I guess you despise us for the actions of mullahs and their mad followers.Sufis and the mullahs are different.

Forget politics ,contemplate the name of the divine one in which ever name you know ...ultimately kings,politicans use religion for power.Saints use religion for enlightenment and to serve the meek and the weak of the world. And priests use religion as business.

I prefer to listen to saints.But you do not.

For us both baba nanak and Pir Guru Gobind Singh ji are important.Guru Gobind Singh ji and Pir Buddhu Shah gave their lives to save hindus and shias both who were being exterminated by Aurangzeb.The first persons to come to to aid Guru Gobind Singh ji was Pir Buddhu Shah ji and when Pir Buddhu Shah ji with 700 of his followers when the hill rajas alongside the mughals attacked guru gobind singh ji and ultimately Pir buddhu ji was killed by Emperor Bahadur shah,Guru gobind singh ji sent Banda Bahadur ji to kill the Governer of Sirhind who was responsible for killing the Guru's sons and Pir Buddhu Shah ji.

Same can be said for brahminism and its civil wars with buddhism which led to the varna system weakened India considered and opened it to islamic invasions,once a zen buddhist monk told me that what happened to india was divine punishment from higher forces for mass murdering and attempting to crush buddhist saints ,but then I asked what about the brutal mass murders of buddhists by muslim invaders in Afghanistan and the burning of nalanda, he said islamic world then suffered the death of more than 100 million in the hands of Tengri Buddhist Genghis khan and his son Hulagu Khan. ..Yes, I know about the mullah ulema and sunni pseudo sufi who instigated Aurangzeb to start conversion and genocide against Hindus and shias.Ultimately it is said that Guru ji put a curse on the Mughals and their descendants that they will be uprooted and destroyed and look at the descendants of Mughals today,they live in slums of Kolkata.

I have read up , and your statement that mercenaries have no religion spoke volumes to me . Saints have no religion and those who murder saints whether hindu,sufi,buddhist,christians face divine punishment to extremes....If Pir Buddhu shah ji was some mercenary then Guru Gobind ji would not have ordered Banda Bahadur ji to attack the Mughal Empire and bring the mughal murderers of Pir Buddhu ji to justice.But I guess you despise us for the actions of mullahs and their mad followers.Sufis and the mullahs are different.

Forget politics ,contemplate the name of the divine one in which ever name you know ...ultimately kings,politicans use religion for power.Saints use religion for enlightenment and to serve the meek and the weak of the world. And priests use religion as business.

I prefer to listen to saints.But you do not.

No no,

You got me wrong.

I said mercenaries have no religion referring to many soldiers who fought for a king of a different religion,the pie you are talking about is no mercenary.

I don't agree with the Buddhist saints thing,the varna system didn't come out because of that.

It is a deeper problem.

It is a problem of Kshatriyas power vs Vaisya wealth and what supersedes.

Buddhist people did as much even spiritually and religiously to undermine the Brahmins and this was all again,pseudo stuff.

The thing about Sufis is also the feAr of pseudos.

They made our Kshatriyas pacifist which is big time stupid.

They made our Rajput kings pardon Muhammad ghauri.

Many had agendas,the integrity of a man is never known but when a saint comes from outside,we can't say for sure if he is genuine.

I clearly know the difference but my fear comes from the fact that,it is irans job to put the Arabs in their place.

We trust irAn,not now since thousands of years and the relationship is consistent.

Hinduism is a very complex religion. It is not as simple as Islam in its belief in God. Islam is a very strict monotheistic religion but Hinduism is open for interpretation since it doesn't have only one belief. It is a combination of several belief systems but in its root its a polytheistic religion. It can be classified as monotheistic polytheism or polytheistic monotheism since most believe that one God incarnates in millions of forms / avatars.

Hindus worship God / Godhead (Brahman) through worshiping Trimurti / trinity (Brahma - The Creator, Vishnu- The Protector & Shiva- The Destroyer). They believe these three gods are parts of Godhead Brahman and the millions of demigods are all avatars / incarnations of the three main gods (Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva). These three gods also have wives. Brahma has Saraswati - The goddess of knowledge , Vishnu has Lakshmi - The goddess of fortune and Shiva has Parvati - the goddess of power. These three goddesses also have several avatars / incarnations. Hindus worship all these avatars of three main gods and three main goddesses. Godhead Brahman incarnated as three gods and three goddesses. These 3 gods and 3 goddesses incarnated as millions of demigods.

Christianity also has trinity. God-The Father (Yahweh / Jehovah), God-The Son (Jesus Christ) and God-The holy spirit (Holy Ghost or Holy Soul).Christians believe these three beings are all parts of one God but at the same time there are separate gods.They are not strict monotheists. They have polytheism in the name of Trinitarian monotheism.

Hindu god Brahma's (The first god in Trimurti) wife is Saraswati. Prophet Abraham's (pbuh) wife is Sara. Brahma-Saras and Abraham-Sara. They sound so similar.

May be Brahma is actually Abraham but instead of considering him as the messenger of God Hindus consider him as the first incarnation of God.

Hinduism is a very complex religion. It is not as simple as Islam in its belief in God. Islam is a very strict monotheistic religion but Hinduism is open for interpretation since it doesn't have only one belief. It is a combination of several belief systems but in its root its a polytheistic religion. It can be classified as monotheistic polytheism or polytheistic monotheism since most believe that one God incarnates in millions of forms / avatars.

Hindus worship God / Godhead (Brahman) through worshiping Trimurti / trinity (Brahma - The Creator, Vishnu- The Protector & Shiva- The Destroyer). They believe these three gods are parts of Godhead Brahman and the millions of demigods are all avatars / incarnations of the three main gods (Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva). These three gods also have wives. Brahma has Saraswati - The goddess of knowledge , Vishnu has Lakshmi - The goddess of fortune and Shiva has Parvati - the goddess of power. These three goddesses also have several avatars / incarnations. Hindus worship all these avatars of three main gods and three main goddesses. Godhead Brahma incarnated as three gods and three goddesses. These gods and goddesses incarnated as millions of demigods.

Christianity also has trinity. God-The Father (Yahweh / Jehovah), God-The Son (Jesus Christ) and God-The holy spirit (Holy Ghost or Holy Soul).Christians believe these three beings are all parts of one God but at the same time there are separate gods.They are not monotheists. They have polytheism in the name of Trinitarian monotheism.

Hindu god Brahma's (The first god in trimurty) wife is Saraswati. Prophet Abraham's (pbuh) wife is Sara. Brahma-Saras and Abraham-Sara. it sounds so smilar.

May be Brahma is actually Abraham but instead of considering him as the messenger of God hindus consider him as the first incarnation of God.

brahma is not same as brahman .. brahma is one of the three gods ..the name is similar..
and why will we believe in jewish mythology .. why dont jews believe in brahma ..:azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom