What's new

Is Hinduism monotheistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was long ago that Sikhism left Hinduism, so we obviously have many differences but also many similarities.

Sikhism is off shoot of both Hinduism and Islam. Infact its scriptures have many verses on Ram and Muhammad (S). I won't post the verses but it criticizes both Hindus and Muslims and also criticizes Hindu god Ram and Muslim prophet Muhammad (S).

On topic,

Hinduism in its root is a polytheistic religion. They are called Pagan in Christianity and Mushrik in Islam.

Listen to our prayers and our mantras and our hymns. Distortion of God's appearance as Avatars has resulted in the various forms of worship. Go to the basic messages espoused and see whether the concept of a single creator, preserver and destroyer can be debated

Correction, if it wasn't for the Brahmins there wouldn't be the current sick numerous castes . The Vedas espoused four castes as confirmed in the Gita. One wasn't born into a caste and there wasn't a superior or inferior caste in those scriptures. The current modified Brahmin version is demeaning

what brahmins did this,did that?

Varna is profession and anybody born in any jaat(not jat) can be of any varna.

Thats it.

Varna is 4 fold,Gunas are three,ethnicity can be anything.

Ethnicity is Jaat.

One was always born into a caste because often your father taught you his trade,but then others might also do so.

and why do you think your guru is right... which final scripture are you talking about....

we parted ways long time ago.... long enough to be ignorant of each other's religious practices and belief... although if you have friends or relative who is sikh/hindu ... then you might know....
even then people find awkward to ask religion related question to friends ...

parted ways,how hilarious?

I know families where both sikhs and hindus exist?

I even know one jatt family with sehjdaari/amritdhaari/vaishnav,radhaswami amongst them.

parted ways it seems?

Please change your nickname,it is a shame.

Hinduism is monotheistic.

In short - It is monotheism in the guise of polytheism.

Sikhism is off shoot of both Hinduism and Islam. Infact its scriptures have many verses on Ram and Muhammad (S). I won't post the verses but it criticizes both Hindus and Muslims and also criticizes Hindu god Ram and Muslim prophet Muhammad (S).

On topic,

Hinduism in its root is a polytheistic religion. They are called Pagan in Christianity and Mushrik in Islam.

Neither Prophet said anything about Hinduism.

Even if they did,it is less likely to be bad.

what brahmins did this,did that?

Varna is profession and anybody born in any jaat(not jat) can be of any varna.

Thats it.

Varna is 4 fold,Gunas are three,ethnicity can be anything.

Ethnicity is Jaat.

One was always born into a caste because often your father taught you his trade,but then others might also do so.

parted ways,how hilarious?

I know families where both sikhs and hindus exist?

I even know one jatt family with sehjdaari/amritdhaari/vaishnav,radhaswami amongst them.

parted ways it seems?

Please change your nickname,it is a shame.

I will say this as a shia. Banish your varna system nonsense. It is the reason why your nation was so easy to subjugate and rule.And how is hinduism montheistic? Sikhs who are half-hindu,half-islam,Arya samajis,Brahmo samajis are monotheist. Hinduism is a syncretism of several traditions.

I will say this as a shia. Banish your varna system nonsense. It is the reason why your nation was so easy to subjugate and rule.And how is hinduism montheistic? Sikhs who are half-hindu,half-islam,Arya samajis,Brahmo samajis are monotheist. Hinduism is a syncretism of several traditions.
I will be happy if the Caste System is banned. :yay:
Politicians keep it alive because it earns them votes.
Don't tell a Sikh he is half Islam though - True Story :angel: :rofl:

Actually Hinduism encompasses everything - spanning henotheism, monotheism, polytheism, panentheism, pantheism, monism, and atheism among others.

But there is the all encompassing Brahman (has got nothing to do with Brahmin :D )

Indraṃ mitraṃ varuṇamaghnimāhuratho divyaḥ sa suparṇo gharutmān,
ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā vadantyaghniṃ yamaṃ mātariśvānamāhuḥ

They call him Indra, Mitra, Varuṇa, Agni, and he is heavenly nobly-winged Garutmān.
To what is One, sages give many a title they call it Agni, Yama, Mātariśvan.

^^This says it all. Source: Rig Veda

Sikhs have huge sufi influence.The shia pir Buddhu Shah ji fought alongside Guru Gobind singh ji ,20% of sikh army was shia.

They came about due to common sense and if they have failed in this environment,they ll go due to common sense again.

I feel your idea and analysis of this system is very external and not complete.

I guess you don't know that,there are reservations in education and jobs for all the classes who were weaker.

Nonetheless,these things have nothing to do with the invasion,there was a whole different reason for that.

Sikhs are hundred percent similar to Hindus with slight differences and they have nothing to do with Islam.

Hindus go to Gurudwara and Sikhs go to temples,unlike Muslims who go to neither,we have no such prejudice,we even go to churches and zoroastrian temples whatever.

Monotheism/POolytheism are mere words,it matters to muslims/christians too much and they keep harping on it whereas the original monotheists the jewish people dont want to convert anyone to judaism because they dont have silly politicial agendas.

This is like how many sunni muslims say that Shias/Ahmedis are not muslims.

You should not analyse this from your point of view,with your structures,just be informed of our things from us.

we do not need any kind of spiritual/political structures from Sunnis/Shias.

It is impossible to define Hinduism in such an easy manner. Five thousand years ago, in the beginning mandalas of Rgveda, aryans worshipped different Gods who personified different natural phenomenons. In the later mandals,those Gods slowly disappeared.later,Upanishad which is also called Vedanta advocated Monotheism based on the verses of the later part of Vedas. Further,three main school of philosophy evolved based on Vedanta,which are Monoism,Dualism and qualified dualism.

Different people believe different doctrines which as a whole can be described as Hinduism.

what do u mean banned,this is not an article of the constitution.

every caste is important,if you lose your historic structures,u ll end up like the filipinos/kenyans or even worse the pakistanis.

It is impossible to define Hinduism in such an easy manner. Five thousand years ago, in the beginning mandalas of Rgveda, aryans worshipped different Gods who personified different natural phenomenons. In the later mandals,those Gods slowly disappeared.later,Upanishad which is also called Vedanta advocated Monotheism based on the verses of the later part of Vedas. Further,three main school of philosophy evolved based on Vedanta,which are Monoism,Dualism and qualified dualism.

Different people believe different doctrines which as a whole can be described as Hinduism.

Only thing common to dharmic cultures are,there is no need to have violence over spiritual beliefs.

Sikhs have huge sufi influence.The shia pir Buddhu Shah ji fought alongside Guru Gobind singh ji ,20% of sikh army was shia.

Mercenaries can be from anywhere,they have no religion.

Even Hindus have sufi influence and thats a big problem for us.

They came about due to common sense and if they have failed in this environment,they ll go due to common sense again.

I feel your idea and analysis of this system is very external and not complete.

I guess you don't know that,there are reservations in education and jobs for all the classes who were weaker.

Nonetheless,these things have nothing to do with the invasion,there was a whole different reason for that.

Sikhs are hundred percent similar to Hindus with slight differences and they have nothing to do with Islam.

Hindus go to Gurudwara and Sikhs go to temples,unlike Muslims who go to neither,we have no such prejudice,we even go to churches and zoroastrian temples whatever.

Monotheism/POolytheism are mere words,it matters to muslims/christians too much and they keep harping on it whereas the original monotheists the jewish people dont want to convert anyone to judaism because they dont have silly politicial agendas.

This is like how many sunni muslims say that Shias/Ahmedis are not muslims.

You should not analyse this from your point of view,with your structures,just be informed of our things from us.

we do not need any kind of spiritual/political structures from Sunnis/Shias.

Still Guru nanak is considered a muslim and muslim saint/pir.And many of the verses in guru granth sahib are from sufi saints.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/276519-hinduism-monotheistic-2.html#ixzz2eaPgD2dv

There are similiarities no doubt.There are similiarities in Sikhs and sufi islam also. And please don't talk about sunnis.They are the ones who have given us a bad name with their extremism.

every caste is important,if you lose your historic structures,u ll end up like the filipinos/kenyans or even worse the pakistanis.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/276519-hinduism-monotheistic-2.html#ixzz2eaQNOu94

Caste system created inequality and divisions b/w your own people .Weakened you.Don't believe me.Live in UP for 3 years and you will totally agree with me.

My Hindu friend told me that Hinduism is actually Monotheism in disguise and that all deities in Hinduism are just a form of the one supreme being. He sent me this link as well. Is Hinduism Polytheistic or Monotheistic? | One, God, Hinduism, Supreme, Forms
If this is the case then what is the difference between Hinduism and other Dharmic faiths?
No. most of hindus in India and Napel are polytheists. i am also polytheistic. we have almost 3,00,00,000 gods but we have 3 main gods and 1 leader named "Shiva".:ashamed:

Mercenaries can be from anywhere,they have no religion.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/276519-hinduism-monotheistic-2.html#ixzz2eaQgFoYZ

Kindly refrain from such insults ,as the pir Buddhu shah ji sacrificed his sons for saving Guru Gobind singh ji. How about you get Sikh history straight yourself. The house of Baba Nanak was for both hindus and muslims.They wanted us to stop fighting each other.

And also please stop reading about guru gobind ji from biased mind.He saved us shias and sufis too from the Wrath of Aurangzeb. Don't make this a hindu-muslim issue.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/276519-hinduism-monotheistic-2.html#ixzz2eaRjJw94

And how is that so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom