What's new

Is Bangladesh really an independent country?

Is Bangladesh an independent country?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 . GDP per capita
2 . Poverty
3. Median household income
4. Infrastructure
5. World Happiness Report
6 . Sanitation
7 . Urbanization
8 . Logistics
9 . Access to Electricity
10. Science and Technology
11. Housing

These are just at the top of my head . Countless more can be found here at the world bank Indicators Page .

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator

Never in sanitation though. You are ahead in financial sectors because you had a head start with intact factories. We re built war torn country with no reserve money. Only 30 years passed. You have very short time to brag

You are talking about culture? Indian cultural influence over Pakistan is much much severe than BD. You show Bollywood movies in your cinema hall,we don't.Your state language is an imported Indian language(It is basically Hindi with just different script). We speak and use indigenous language.Your other cultural elements are very similar to north-west Indian.If that don't make you under Indian cultural influence then why are accusing BD with that?

And for treason part, which decision Awami league made which is beneficial to Indian but harmful to Bangladesh? If Awami league's anti-pakistan rhetoric seems anti-national to Bangladesh to you than you need serious help.Even anti-pakistan rhetoric of Awami league have some value to Bangladesh.Just yesterday I read in the most prominent Indian Bangla news paper that,at the expanse of diplomatic support BD giving to India,Bangladesh is pressing the Teesta river water treaty.Anti-Pakistan is not anti-Bangladesh you should understand.

Yes but Pakistani serials and music are Crazy popular in India too . So its a two way traffic . How much of India watches Bengali serials or Music ?

Yes, thousands of BD people are running off to India as we speak.:rofl:

Look at the economic opportunities in BD compared to India and you will see why this makes no sense.
A poor unskilled man or woman can easily find a job in BD that pays at least 80-100 US dollars a month these
days. There is no need for anyone to go to India to earn a living.

BD does not much care for illegal Indians in BD. Hundreds of thousands at least are in the country illegally and they contribute by earning and spending money in the local economy.
http://www.newindianexpress.com/the...s-the-other-way/2016/06/26/article3500157.ece
http://www.newindianexpress.com/the...s-the-other-way/2016/06/26/article3500157.ece

You are talking about culture? Indian cultural influence over Pakistan is much much severe than BD. You show Bollywood movies in your cinema hall,we don't.Your state language is an imported Indian language(It is basically Hindi with just different script). We speak and use indigenous language.Your other cultural elements are very similar to north-west Indian.If that don't make you under Indian cultural influence then why are accusing BD with that?

And for treason part, which decision Awami league made which is beneficial to Indian but harmful to Bangladesh? If Awami league's anti-pakistan rhetoric seems anti-national to Bangladesh to you than you need serious help.Even anti-pakistan rhetoric of Awami league have some value to Bangladesh.Just yesterday I read in the most prominent Indian Bangla news paper that,at the expanse of diplomatic support BD giving to India,Bangladesh is pressing the Teesta river water treaty.Anti-Pakistan is not anti-Bangladesh you should understand.
It is good to learn about different culture around specially neighboring countries but to adopt it can harm. Bollywood movies are popular in our country just for entertainment that does not mean cultural influence. The problem is you bring nationality and language to classify yourself in every field because your country is made on behalf of it. If you recall historical blunders from past then you seem more effected. Once you were burden on us now you are dissolved under Hindu ideology.
I don't know you are muslim or not but if you are then please tell me is it allowed to take up arms against an Islamic state?

Yes but Pakistani serials and music are Crazy popular in India too . So its a two way traffic . How much of India watches Bengali serials or Music ?

star plus and Z tv telecast Bengali Dramas. You are invited to watch Drama Aj Rabibar in starplus every Friday and Saturday at 10.30 pm

I am just comparing our military with Bangladesh and now it is proved that we are superior at military aspect. List here some social indications were we lag with comparison to Bangladesh.
And what is the cost of our military superiority or that of India? The lives of our young pilots that we sacrifice to maintain our obsolete and oversized fleets of Mig-21s and Mirages and those of our Infantrymen who're needlessly dying every day trying to fend off nonexistent demons from an older world. What are we fighting for? The Maharajas who used to skin your people alive do not exist anymore. The Pashtun invaders of Hindustan belong to another world. All of these tyrants have passed on along with their atrocities and have left us to a better world. So why not leave our enmities in the past where they belong?

I would say that Bangladesh is the better-off party in all this.

Beautiful Vabi though :)

Inequality Adjusted Human Development Index Bangladesh 111 Pakistan 116

You are still better because you are martial.
Yes we are martial and superior to you.
How cool it will be to fight your country to become slaves of others. Prove non martial.

Give this **** measuring a rest. I have already clarified in my previous post.

**** measuring? That's what you think what my post was? Okay, if that makes you feel better. Clearly, you have no real response to what posted. And it was the only post I made on the matter. You hadn't actually checked the World Bank at all, because what you said was not true.

Your posts that I quoted were false. And last time I checked, you hadn't edited them. Your statements remain false. Stop making false statements, and I'll stop posting facts from the World Bank. It was you who decided to compare Pakistan and Bangladesh on social indicators and cited the World Bank, not me. And then you made the grossly inaccurate statement that Bangladesh has surpassed Pakistan in every social indicator.

Sorry, but facts are facts. I expected better from a TTA.

star plus and Z tv telecast Bengali Dramas. You are invited to watch Drama Aj Rabibar in starplus every Friday and Saturday at 10.30 pm

LOL by bengali I mean bangladeshi not Indian bengali Drama's . Pakistani Serials have broken ratings record there and Fawad Khan is giving alot of Indian women sleepless night I heard :D . Pakistani Music is very Popular in India . Just because your drama is released there doesn't mean its popular . I can back it up with ratings .

Sorry to say under current regime Bangladesh rapidly on the path of becoming satellite state of India.

Why don't you? Clearly you haven't before posting.

All
social indicators? Really? Bangladesh is ahead on some indicators, but we are ahead on some too. It remains behind on many important ones like poverty (among others):

View attachment 339928

Access to electricity:

Pakistan: 93.6 (2012)

Bangladesh: 59.6 (2012)

It's hard to overstate the importance of this indicator. It can make a world of difference in people's lives.

View attachment 339929
Pakistan: 91.4%

Bangladesh: 86.9%

View attachment 339930

Pakistan: 45.5%

Bangladesh: 55.1%

View attachment 339932

Pakistan: 39.5% (2008)

Bangladesh: 26.5 (2011)

Soon? I seriously doubt it. They have a long way to go:

poverty-equity-data-south-asia-the-world-bank-png.334374

$1.90 or less a day:

Pakistan: 8.3%

India: 21.3%

Bangladesh: 43.7%

$3.10 or less a day:

Pakistan: 45%

India: 58%

Bangladesh: 77.6%

http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/region/SAS
http://databank.worldbank.org/data/reports.aspx?source=poverty-and-equity-database

Thank you for pointing that out. Some seem to living on another planet where Pakistan has been surpassed in every way by Bangladesh. It's always nice to know that there are some in this forum providing facts to show people the truth.

Some of what you say is true.

We need to consider that Pakistan has had decades
of higher GDP/capita over BD and so it will take some
time even after BD overtakes Pakistan for it to surpass
Pakistan in all indicators.

Voted Yes
They just won a 3 match odi series against another country

And what is the cost of our military superiority or that of India? The lives of our young pilots that we sacrifice to maintain our obsolete and oversized fleets of Mig-21s and Mirages and those of our Infantrymen who're needlessly dying every day trying to fend off nonexistent demons from an older world. What are we fighting for? The Maharajas who used to skin your people alive do not exist anymore. The Pashtun invaders of Hindustan belong to another world. All of these tyrants have passed on along with their atrocities and have left us to a better world. So why not leave our enmities in the past where they belong?

I would say that Bangladesh is the better-off party in all this.
If Bangladesh is better country then you are allowed to shift yourself right now. We are paying a lot because we have true ideology.

LOL by bengali I mean bangladeshi not Indian bengali Drama's . Pakistani Serials have broken ratings record there and Fawad Khan is giving alot of Indian women sleepless night I heard :D . Pakistani Music is very Popular in India . Just because your drama is released there doesn't mean its popular . I can back it up with ratings .

By Bengali I meant Bangladeshi Dramas. Also Sanitation in BD reached 90%. I dont know which one you are quoting. I am not using PC. Can any Bengali member help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom