What's new

Is Bangladesh really an independent country?

Is Bangladesh an independent country?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bangladesh is as independent as any other sovereign nation in the world. In fact, It is rather foolish if someone seriously expresses doubts (I know, Nilgiri did not) about its commitment to have a coherent foreign policy that suits its interest better. Bangladesh being a comparatively newer Nation has done extremely well compared to other tiny republics around the world. It did not let itself fall into the hands of radical Islamist factions though the Universal trend is really worrying, it has perfectly maintained a balance between the two bigger neighbors in terms of infrastructure building projects in the country. The Chinese are investing billions in deep sea ports and rail roads. Whereas Indians are prominently visible in its telecom and power sector.

Looking at India's own record as having a neutral foreign policy, Bangladesh is a bit ahead. Remember during the 50's India was a champion candidate of Non-alliance Movement and yet we failed to condemn the rolling of Soviet Tanks in Budapest. But we did not waste much time to criticize the Anglo-French invasion of Egypt when Abdel Nasser nationalized Suez Canal Company. Such inconsistent commitment to a unbiased and neutral foreign policy gravely undermined India's own credibility as a champion of sovereignty and integrity of newly born, smaller nations across the world. But still today we see ourselves as a scrupulous country having a self-reliant foreign policy. Which is also wrong to some degree.

Foreign policy of Bangladesh, country which is surrounded on three sides by India is bound to be influenced by India's interests to some extent. That given, it has perfectly maintained its prestige as a sovereign nation notwithstanding what the obscurantist fringes regularly accuses it to be.

I LIKE THE FACT THAT BUTTT HURT PAKISTANIS, RSS THUGS FROM ASRAM, COMMUNAL BURMESE MUGS AND BANGLADESHI RAJAKARS ARE GOING TO VOTE NO NOT INDEPENDENT

ALL THE LIKE MINDED RIGHTIST CHAUVINISTIC IDIOTS ARE FALLING IN LINE.

I LIKE THE FACT THAT BUTTT HURT PAKISTANIS, RSS THUGS FROM ASRAM, COMMUNAL BURMESE MUGS AND BANGLADESHI RAJAKARS ARE GOING TO VOTE NO NOT INDEPENDENT

ALL THE LIKE MINDED RIGHTIST CHAUVINISTIC IDIOTS ARE FALLING IN LINE.

TYPE ALL IN CAPS STRONK.

Bangladesh is as independent as any other sovereign nation in the world. In fact, It is rather foolish if someone seriously expresses doubts (I know, Nilgiri did not) about its commitment to have a coherent foreign policy that suits its interest better. Bangladesh being a comparatively newer Nation has done extremely well compared to other tiny republics around the world. It did not let itself fall into the hands of radical Islamist factions though the Universal trend is really worrying, it has perfectly maintained a balance between the two bigger neighbors in terms of infrastructure building projects in the country. The Chinese are investing billions in deep sea ports and rail roads. Whereas Indians are prominently visible in its telecom and power sector.

Looking at India's own record as having a neutral foreign policy, Bangladesh is a bit ahead. Remember during the 50's India was a champion candidate of Non-alliance Movement and yet we failed to condemn the rolling of Soviet Tanks in Budapest. But we did not waste much time to criticize the Anglo-French invasion of Egypt when Abdel Nasser nationalized Suez Canal Company. Such inconsistent commitment to a unbiased and neutral foreign policy gravely undermined India's own credibility as a champion of sovereignty and integrity of newly born, smaller nations across the world. But still today we see ourselves as a scrupulous country having a self-reliant foreign policy. Which is also wrong to some degree.

Foreign policy of Bangladesh, country which is surrounded on three sides by India is bound to be influenced by India's interests to some extent. That given, it has perfectly maintained its prestige as a sovereign nation notwithstanding what the obscurantist fringes regularly accuses it to be.

Bengalis like you should rule India from Kolkata, not the opposite. :coffee:

No and they shouldn't be either. If they were left to their own devices they would become another islamist failed state. Furthermore I think it's positive that some of the idiots here believe in the propaganda their newspapers put out. If they don't, they're such a pliant and childlike race that they'll easily be coaxed into extremism. Better 200 million sweatshop slaves than 200 million wannabe jihadis.

No and they shouldn't be either. If they were left to their own devices they would become another islamist failed state. Furthermore I think it's positive that some of the idiots here believe in the propaganda their newspapers put out. If they don't, they're such a pliant and childlike race that they'll easily be coaxed into extremism. Better 200 million sweatshop slaves than 200 million wannabe jihadis.

Here comes the Burmese, Got Independence in 1948. May I ask how many MDG goal you achieved in 70 years? Your achievement is close to the monkeys of Burmese forest. You can only chatter like them Dear Magh.

For Bangladesh i say, once Pakistan dominated the region and now Indians have a lot of influence due to cultural, religious and military aspect. As a Muslim state i have sympathies for them but when they bring nationalism between it my blood boils.

For Bangladesh i say, once Pakistan dominated the region and now Indians have a lot of influence due to cultural, religious and military aspect. As a Muslim state i have sympathies for them but when the bring nationalism between it my blood boils.

How? For the first time in our History during Hasina, We import more products from China than India. Our Army has better relation with China and no relation with India. Why don't you feel that we are controlled By China? Are you controlled by China?

How? For the first time in our History during Hasina, We import more products from China than India. Our Army has better relation with China and no relation with India. Why don't you feel that we are controlled By China? Are you controlled by China?
Read my statement again.
I think you have serious comprehension issues.

Read my statement again.
I think you have serious comprehension issues.

No I do not. You meant Influence I get it. Let me ask again. Why don't you feel that we are influenced by China?

No I do not. You meant Influence I get it. Let me ask again. Why don't you feel that we are influenced by China?

You do realise that influence is not an exclusive commodity?

Indian soft power (and deep state power) for example in BD is something that China just cannot match like @Jonah Arthur and @That Guy were saying.

Sure China can have more trade with you guys....China has more trade with India compared to Pakistan....and trade+investment has its own element of influence.. .but which country would you say China influences more....India or Pakistan?

You do realise that influence is not an exclusive commodity?

Indian soft power (and deep state power) for example in BD is something that China just cannot match like @Jonah Arthur and @That Guy were saying.

Sure China can have more trade with you guys....China has more trade with India compared to Pakistan....and trade+investment has its own element of influence.. .but which country would you say China influences more....India or Pakistan?

Pakistans military is entirely dependent on China. Bangladesh Army doesn't have any link with India.

Too much Indian influence in your country on behalf of culture, religion and military.
Your nationals are involved in treason orders given by India. Isn't this truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom