What's new

Is Bangladesh really an independent country?

Is Bangladesh an independent country?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how a Hasina lover had this hissy fit recently:

https://defence.pk/threads/what-if-sri-lanka-joined-asean.452656/page-5#post-8759465

I would like to put it to this board if they think Bangladesh is a truly independent country today?

Feel free to state what you think of SHW (is she like Napoleon or is she a dhobi lady? etc)

@django @ranjeet @Roybot @SarthakGanguly @Kaptaan @alaungphaya @Aung Zaya @Areesh
@The Sandman @LA se Karachi @Khan_21 @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox @Basel
@graphican @That Guy @Apprentice @X-2. @JonAsad @Jonah Arthur @Hiptullha @pakdefender
@volatile @Leviza et al.

and all BD's that bother to ballot (something SHW won't let you do haha)

It is, but it's also under heavy influence from its much larger neighbor that almost entirely surrounds it. That limits what it can can do sometimes. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just my opinion, nothing more.

On another note, Nilgiri, I see that slowly weening yourself off of Bangladeshi threads seems to be going well so far. :) You just opened the ultimate troll thread on this forum. But that other poster did troll you a lot too earlier today, so I understand why.

Have fun. :partay:

You truly are like invader zim's pet, whatever its name was (forgot hehe).

It's Gir. I use a pic of him for any account I have on any forum, because like Gir in Invader Zim, I'm completely insane:jester:.

It also makes me easy to identify if I change names, accounts or move to another forum. Plus these expressions are a perfect reflection of myself.

99f8b9cebbe1d3db3587db679c7888c0-d5cweru.jpg

Gir_cosplay__Tails_by_shadowsoldier247.png

These two you might remember as previous DPs I've used on PDF.

Non sequiters are fun.

What?? I was totally on topic for the line I picked out of your post, with total disregard for the rest of it:D.

Either way Bangladesh is rightfully Norwegian. Water accessible, relatively wealthy, snow, it's practically begging to be raided!

https://defence.pk/threads/what-if-sri-lanka-joined-asean.452656/page-5#post-8759465

I would like to put it to this board if they think Bangladesh is a truly independent country today?

Feel free to state what you think of SHW (is she like Napoleon or is she a dhobi lady? etc)

@django @ranjeet @Roybot @SarthakGanguly @Kaptaan @alaungphaya @Aung Zaya @Areesh
@graphican @That Guy @Apprentice @X-2. @JonAsad @Jonah Arthur @Hiptullha @pakdefender
@volatile @Leviza et al.

Thanks for the tag. Honestly, i don't know enough about Bangladeshi politics to make a comment, however i will say this that since Bangladesh's independence from Pakistan most Pakistanis cannot be bothered about that country because it was never really truly a part of Pakistan. Though some people might suggest that common religion was/is good enough reason to consider them a part of Pakistan but then by that silly definition Bangladesh is a part of Turkey?.I don't think so. They went their separate way, and whatever happened to their country between 1971 and now most Pakistanis don't care about, except for some Islamists who dream about a global Caliphate and no borders (Islamist internationalists? Communism much?)

It is, but it's also under heavy influence from its much larger neighbor that almost entirely surrounds it. That limits what it can can do sometimes. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just my opinion, nothing more.

On another note, Nilgiri, I see that slowly weening yourself off of Bangladeshi threads seems to be going well so far. :) You just opened the ultimate troll thread on this forum. But that other poster did troll you a lot too earlier today, so I understand why.

Have fun. :partay:

Im learning from the best, just a Padawan.......:-)

Either way Bangladesh is rightfully Norwegian. Water accessible, relatively wealthy, snow, it's practically begging to be raided!

Oh so thats where you are going with that. Gotcha haha.

Thats what this thread will be about. Everyone can share their views and discuss this.

How is damien an anonymous member? He thinks the world of SHW and BD sovereignty, so I am just interested to see what the forum thinks overall.

I mean compare:

with

Complete polar opposites reflecting the polarisation present in BD and its diaspora.

Heck these two members have their flags exactly reversed hehe.
So two forumers having opposite views is a matter of discussion now? There are members of your nationality and religion who would vouch for drinking bovine urine straight from the bladder...I hope you hold an opposite view to that...does that warrant opening a new thread?
Besides you know as well as I do that damien's original post(that you quoted) has absolutely nothing to do with the question of Bangladesh's sovereignty or independence...but immigration.

Its kind of like me quoting your post here to start a thread on whether India is capable of solving its own sanitation problem or not.
There are other members like zakir and idune whom you could have quoted and that would be relevant..damiens post doesn't make any sense here.

@ahojunk @waz this thread will not end well.

Hasina be like "BRB I need to ask Modi"

It's Gir. I use a pic of him for any account I have on any forum, because like Gir in Invader Zim, I'm completely insane:jester:.

I used to love that show. Why did they cancel it??

There are members of your nationality and religion who would vouch for drinking bovine urine straight from the bladder

So? You can start a poll on that if that is a subject that interests you so much.

I just want to see how many people think BD is independent and also give a thread for damien to vent his frustrations rather than derailing a SL/ASEAN thread further.

Besides you know as well as I do that damien's original post(that you quoted) has absolutely nothing to do with the question of Bangladesh's sovereignty or independence...but immigration.

You are free to read all the responses he gave. I was just pointing out where the hissy fit started.

Its kind of like me quoting your post here to start a thread on whether India is capable of solving its own sanitation problem or not.

Like I said, any topic you are interested in, go ahead and start a poll or thread if it follows the rules....rather than trying your level best to draw equivalencies "kind of like, kind of like, kind of like".....yawn.

@volatile @Leviza et al.

Bangladesh will never truly be an independent country, it's just an unfortunate reality. China has attempted to enter Bangladesh, but considering how much trouble they've run into, it is telling just how much control India has over BD's internal politics and security. I'm of the belief that if India declared it would annex BD, Hasina and her government would publicly and quickly accept Indian rule, as it is, a puppet state currently serves India far more. I honestly don't think BD is going to remain independent through this century.

[Edit]: I suspect one of two things is going to happen in the future. A) fearing further erosion of its sovereignty, BD's miltiary will commit a coup. B) BD will accept Indian rule.

If "A" happens, India is likely to intervene militarily and politically.

If "B" happens and India takes over BD, India will likely face an insurgency, which it will likely face for decades, but will likely overcome eventually.

Last edited:
Bangladesh will never truly be an independent country, it's just an unfortunate reality. China has attempted to enter Bangladesh, but considering how much trouble they've run into, it is telling just how much control India has over BD's internal politics and security. I'm of the belief that if India declared it would annex BD, Hasina and her government would publicly and quickly accept Indian rule, as it is, a puppet state currently serves India far more. I honestly don't think BD is going to remain independent through this century.

Hope you are taking notes @damiendehorn

Shonar Bangla indeed. :D

Guru, im just learning from the ultimate troll. You yourself said how much you loved trolling BD threads.

Hey if its something you really want to learn, go for it.

Chumps seem to love trying to learn and ape what comes to their superiors naturally :)

Maybe its something you can add to your resume, unfortunately it won't lessen the 70% poverty rate of BD people in UK....so hopefully this infatuation sticks with just you and doesn't spread (for the sake of the community).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom