What's new

Is Bangladesh Air Force planing to buy JF-17 block 3?

They should be... PK, CN, and BD would pose a huge threat if they allied against India.

what i see is that when next war between india-pak will start india will have to fight on 4 front war. Pak-CN-BD and local muslim population and separatists..

I doubt that unless Bangladeshis do some soul searching.

What’s needed is new leadership and the average Bangladeshi to become politically and religiously aware as to who India really is.

in the crisis, leadership emerges.

the upcoming crisis BD is going to face will come from india, in the face of NRC and accusation for funding separatists...

Yes it is, but still it share similar weapon systems, airframe, RCS, and many other similarities.
Eh...they can calculate alot of those things just be merely observing & studying the publicly available dimensions.

For those of you who think that Bangladesh will not accept a fighter aircraft from Pakistan;

- PAF sent Bangladesh a large number of refurbished F-6 fighter aircarfts in 1980's. All of the F-6s have been retired by now and a number of aircraft never saw service with the Bangladesh Air Force. The 1991 flooding resulted in writing off a number of F-6s, some of them were still crated awaiting assembly.

For those of you who think that Bangladesh will not accept a fighter aircraft from Pakistan;

- PAF sent Bangladesh a large number of refurbished F-6 fighter aircarfts in 1980's. All of the F-6s have been retired by now and a number of aircraft never saw service with the Bangladesh Air Force. The 1991 flooding resulted in writing off a number of F-6s, some of them were still crated awaiting assembly.
Wasn't that a different time though? It seemed as though the BNP broadly OK with Pakistan, while the Awami League is vehemently against it...?

Wasn't that a different time though? It seemed as though the BNP broadly OK with Pakistan, while the Awami League is vehemently against it...?

As long as Hasina is in power, there wont be good relations between BD and PK.

BNP from my understanding is more PK friendly.

But BNP is super incompetent and corrupt.

At least with AL there has been economic development if for nothing else but political stability.

Regardless, BD is NOT gonna buy JF-17 at this time.

Depends upon few factors definitely; International political environment, credit line and sale pitch/terms, Chinese involvement, BAF requirements vis a vis political party in power etc. I made the previous post to show that it has happened before, ice has been broken already, this wont be first time.

@Avicenna

I once opened a thread, about how Bangladesh could use that 500 million USD credit for military hardware from India to buy JF 17 thunder, it was obviously a partial trolling thread on my end, but it was taken down nearly straight away, which was unfortunate because I wanted to see the reaction from all 3 sides.. but on a serious note, that credit India is giving you to use is most likely to try to entice you guys further into the Indian defence industry, their end goal is try to force you to buy 'only Indian' weapons and/ or be dependent on them for spare parts, which is not only a national security threat, but the fuss they made when Bangladesh bought 2 second-hand submarines from China was really cringy... I believe they (media) even went as far as saying Bangladesh doesn't need a navy, when they have India to 'protect' them..

As your economy grows you guys should look into joint ventures similar to the China - Pak JF17 programme, by building your own defence industries you'll become more self reliant, not having to worry about arms embargoes in time of war like Pakistan has with its clashes with shitland, you will also save on precious exchange currency.

Although I believe your biggest threat is not India or Myanmar, but the rising sea levels.. there should be closer bilateral ties with countries like Netherlands, which has been dealing with coastal erosion for hundreds of years their expertise and technology can do wonders to protect Bangladesh from further coastal erosion, your current barriers have failed miserably in many places and according to some of your experts it's just making the problems worse.
Firstly this thread should be part of JFT sales thread. Secondly what is the infrastructure present in Bangladesh that they would be able to benefit from and Avail the opportunity of Tech transfer? If they have nothing they might want to start with establishing repair and overhaul infrastructure first before they go on to TOT.
THIRDLY, you can forget the credit from India for anytging other than buying Indian products. Noone gives a credit line like this so you can buy arms from a third party. This would be naivity of the highest order.
A

Can't L-15B perform a similar role to JF-17?

airforce-hongdu.jpg

No clue if this project went ahead, but it can carry BVRAAMs and PGMs.

Can't L-15B perform a similar role to JF-17?

airforce-hongdu.jpg

No clue if this project went ahead, but it can carry BVRAAMs and PGMs.
Its a LIFT aircraft that can work in low intensity conflicts.
Whereas JF-17 light weight fighter which can perform LIFT tasks as well.

Its a LIFT aircraft that can work in low intensity conflicts.
Whereas JF-17 light weight fighter which can perform LIFT tasks as well.
That aircraft has a combat radar that can fire PL-12 BVRAAM... Much more than a LIFT if you ask me.

Never sell anything to your enemy friend.bangladesh will expose jf-17 in front of Indian pilots.even if they want, don't give them.

lets see. when it comes to business strange relationships happen
Business or justice, our PM said stand with justice. after hanging so many pro pakistani politicians Pakistan should not do any kind of business with Haseena regime.

Back
Top Bottom