What's new

Is Bangladesh Air Force planing to buy JF-17 block 3?

It cannot be sold to Bangladesh, it will form a security risk to Pakistan if done so. Given we have sold them to Myanmar I dont see them thinking of it any.

The answer has to be a flat, no.

I thought Bangladesh placed an order for J10's? what has happened
about that? any updates?

Guys look the video carefully.It is stating that last year upon the request of BAF a visit of expert from BAC was arranged.The purpose was to witness the on going process at PAC. Unofficially they are interested in 50 JF-17 bloc 3 on ToT bases.But PAK did not responded yet.
May be the Bangladeshi PDF members can recognize any of the expert from BAC in the group photo. You could see PAK State Minster in the group photo as well.

Given their open stance against Pakistan in regional issues, it doesn't make sense to sell them any weapon systems. Just for example, they were in league with India against us hosting the regional SAARC summit in Pakistan and actively trying to 'isolate' us. So no thank you, I'd rather we sell more to Myanmar for a follow up order instead.

It would only make too much sense for BAF to buy the JF-17/FC-1.

Both in the tactical and historical aspects.

The current political situation may make it seem unlikely, but it is certainly possible given:

1)BAF is actively looking for a "cost effective" new platform
2)BAF is a traditional customer of China
3)JF-17/FC-1 is meant to be the natural succsesor to operators of the J-7/MiG-21.

It's possible.

Even if the sale is from the Chinese side as a BAF specific modified FC-1.

Not likely ... Hassina will not likely to buy JF-17 but Tejas.
yes that is more likely
but India needs those jets for her air force and navy first. then it might consider export orders

Russia does not want to annoy India. That,s why says !!!

saying-no.jpg
what does that mean?
why Bangladesh will matter when annoying Indian didn't matter to Russians after selling their engines engines to Pakistan

(Ugly)Hasina will not take anything less than a Tejas & that too up her cu..
Well, at least the Tejas will finally have a customer - even if India doesn't want it for themselves.

The Tejas is one nightmare that the Indians regret to date & don't really know if they want to continue or just scrap the whole process.

Not likely ... Hassina will not likely to buy JF-17 but Tejas.
My friend business is business and politics is a different kind of bird altogether. BAF will be procuring from China so can potentially buy FC1 rather than JFT. I dont think there will be commonality of all the armaments between the two and in any case there is nothing out of this world about the JFT. Its utility is that it is a light weight and economical fighter. The only argument against it might be that most of BAF operations might be over the Bay of Bengal and would they prefer a twin engined fighter. But currently with a lower threat perception they might considergetting a single engined fighter and FC1 is a very good fit for their needs.
A

Bangladesh will not buy JF-17s. Prospects are India can offer them Tejas's on favorable termsor if they have the budget they will opt for Russian jets (eg Mig-35).

but India needs those jets for her air force and navy first
They way IAF has treated their own air crafts makes it clear that they don't want it. I believe Tejas can export orders instead. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh maybe.

Bangladesh will not buy JF-17s. Prospects are India can offer them Tejas's on favorable termsor if they have the budget they will opt for Russian jets (eg Mig-35).
Tejas bhai is still enjoying life on the thaila and version X is not on the market yet. There is nothing to sell and no one will buy it. BAF has relations with China and has bought planes from them before so it can happen again .
Single V twin engined debate is a very valid one and I have alluded to it earlier. So let us see how this pans out.

My friend business is business and politics is a different kind of bird altogether. BAF will be procuring from China so can potentially buy FC1 rather than JFT. I dont think there will be commonality of all the armaments between the two and in any case there is nothing out of this world about the JFT. Its utility is that it is a light weight and economical fighter. The only argument against it might be that most of BAF operations might be over the Bay of Bengal and would they prefer a twin engined fighter. But currently with a lower threat perception they might considergetting a single engined fighter and FC1 is a very good fit for their needs.
A
I do concur; this is a high degree of confidence will happen.
Look politician politics; it is a given BAF knows what it will be looking for.
PAF had if my memory recollects given a lot of retired F6s over to them before.

They should buy Tejas, its natural purchase as they are strategic ally of India.
Not really; they are neutral and looking for their own interest which is good.

I do concur; this is a high degree of confidence will happen.
Look politician politics; it is a given BAF knows what it will be looking for.
PAF had if my memory recollects given a lot of retired F6s over to them before.

Not really; they are neutral and looking for their own interest which is good.

No they are not, they have done damage at every level possible to Pakistan to please India so there should be no JFT for them, they should buy from their master India.

No they are not, they have done damage at every level possible to Pakistan to please India so there should be no JFT for them, they should buy from their master India.
lets see. when it comes to business strange relationships happen

Back
Top Bottom