What's new

Is Bangladesh Air Force planing to buy JF-17 block 3?

@Avicenna

I once opened a thread, about how Bangladesh could use that 500 million USD credit for military hardware from India to buy JF 17 thunder, it was obviously a partial trolling thread on my end, but it was taken down nearly straight away, which was unfortunate because I wanted to see the reaction from all 3 sides.. but on a serious note, that credit India is giving you to use is most likely to try to entice you guys further into the Indian defence industry, their end goal is try to force you to buy 'only Indian' weapons and/ or be dependent on them for spare parts, which is not only a national security threat, but the fuss they made when Bangladesh bought 2 second-hand submarines from China was really cringy... I believe they (media) even went as far as saying Bangladesh doesn't need a navy, when they have India to 'protect' them..

As your economy grows you guys should look into joint ventures similar to the China - Pak JF17 programme, by building your own defence industries you'll become more self reliant, not having to worry about arms embargoes in time of war like Pakistan has with its clashes with shitland, you will also save on precious exchange currency.

Although I believe your biggest threat is not India or Myanmar, but the rising sea levels.. there should be closer bilateral ties with countries like Netherlands, which has been dealing with coastal erosion for hundreds of years their expertise and technology can do wonders to protect Bangladesh from further coastal erosion, your current barriers have failed miserably in many places and according to some of your experts it's just making the problems worse.

@Avicenna

I once opened a thread, about how Bangladesh could use that 500 million USD credit for military hardware from India to buy JF 17 thunder, it was obviously a partial trolling thread on my end, but it was taken down nearly straight away, which was unfortunate because I wanted to see the reaction from all 3 sides.. but on a serious note, that credit India is giving you to use is most likely to try to entice you guys further into the Indian defence industry, their end goal is try to force you to buy 'only Indian' weapons and/ or be dependent on them for spare parts, which is not only a national security threat, but the fuss they made when Bangladesh bought 2 second-hand submarines from China was really cringy... I believe they (media) even went as far as saying Bangladesh doesn't need a navy, when they have India to 'protect' them..

As your economy grows you guys should look into joint ventures similar to the China - Pak JF17 programme, by building your own defence industries you'll become more self reliant, not having to worry about arms embargoes in time of war like Pakistan has with its clashes with shitland, you will also save on precious exchange currency.

Although I believe your biggest threat is not India or Myanmar, but the rising sea levels.. there should be closer bilateral ties with countries like Netherlands, which has been dealing with coastal erosion for hundreds of years their expertise and technology can do wonders to protect Bangladesh from further coastal erosion, your current barriers have failed miserably in many places and according to some of your experts it's just making the problems worse.

Excellent post and I completely agree.

I think for the time being it is what it is politically as long as Hasina is there.

The real long term driver will be the perceptions and sentiments of the common man.

For now all Bangladesh can do is chug along and improve its economy and hopefully not waste time in addressing its military deficiencies.

It’s ties with India are cringe inducing especially in light of recent events but what can we at home really do?

They didn't buy the blk3.
And? There is a lot Israel can get from even Block 2.

I think for the time being it is what it is politically as long as Hasina is there.

The real long term driver will be the perceptions and sentiments of the common man.

For now all Bangladesh can do is chug along and improve its economy and hopefully not waste time in addressing its military deficiencies.

It’s ties with India are cringe inducing especially in light of recent events but what can we at home really do?
BD top brass are retarded, they can partner with smaller countries like UAE, South Africa, Jordan,Serbia etc who have developed sophisticated weapons(and won't embargo BD) and instead of paying for jobs in China, and Russia produce in BD itself and make jobs. Yes, there are some positive steps like BD-08 production, and TOT from China for SAMs but this is very limited.

Don't worry, in next couple of years BD and PAK will best buddy.. Even if Haseena is on the throne..

I doubt that unless Bangladeshis do some soul searching.

What’s needed is new leadership and the average Bangladeshi to become politically and religiously aware as to who India really is.
Last year, I had two good friends who were Pakistani, and Bengali and had no problems with each other because they weren't reminded constantly of a war that occurred almost 50 years ago they both probably had no clue about the war. What needs to happen is forgiving each other and not constantly talking about a old war and moving on to greater relationships between both of these nations. India doesn't want anything good for BD even though they masquerade as a Bangladeshi loving nation.

No advanced weapon sales to BD from Pakistan imo. They want to buy ammo for their guns, artillery, tanks etc, sure thing, but why would we sell them anything that puts our national security at risk. They are anti-Pakistan on the state level, which is clear from the way they have towed the Indian line on everything so far.

No advanced weapon sales to BD from Pakistan imo. They want to buy ammo for their guns, artillery, tanks etc, sure thing, but why would we sell them anything that puts our national security at risk. They are anti-Pakistan on the state level, which is clear from the way they have towed the Indian line on everything so far.
They have already bought Al-Khalid... That's a pretty advanced piece of machinery IMO.

Last year, I had two good friends who were Pakistani, and Bengali and had no problems with each other because they weren't reminded constantly of a war that occurred almost 50 years ago they both probably had no clue about the war. What needs to happen is forgiving each other and not constantly talking about a old war and moving on to greater relationships between both of these nations. India doesn't want anything good for BD even though they masquerade as a Bangladeshi loving nation.

I grew up in the NYC area man. Most of my close friends were Pakistani. There’s no problem between us.

I’m in Texas now. Again I have Pakistani friends. No problems.

In fact, today at Jumaa met some Pakistani brothers for the first time and we all spoke about the IK speech.

The point is in the US, there’s USUALLY no such animosity except for a small number of individuals, at least in my experience.

Let the following be a lesson for the folks who backstab Pak....

upload_2019-9-27_18-5-20.png

Last edited:
Bangladesh can lap dance india, Pakistan is not going to sell them any weapons.
It's this thinking that will prevent Pakistan from achieving greater relationships with BD after Hasina.

Let the following be a lesson for the folks who backstab Pak!!!

View attachment 581503
Stop posting your bullshit. We don't care about your 50 year old shenanigans.

No, its no where near as advanced as a jet fighter and has far fewer repercussions even if India is handed one tomorrow.
Regardless, if India got it's hands on a Al-Khalid it would be analyzed and the tank would become more or less useless in PAF army.

Blk3 is a vastly different bird from blk2...
Yes it is, but still it share similar weapon systems, airframe, RCS, and many other similarities.

Back
Top Bottom