What's new

Iron Lady of the Fleet (Analyse on PN, Interview and more)

Is the SAM launcher on our ship yet?
No

Past experience suggests, that Air support to Navy was either lacking or lack luster at best.
In which case JF-17 with said missile will also not be forthcoming. Alternatively, equip sufficient ground units with 300km+ coastal defence missile batteries. And develop/adopt some surprise 'cruisemissile in a box' packages similar to the Russian container-mounted Uran's and Yakhonts, which can be put on truckbeds, railcarts and ships. Using different missiles, obviously.

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=426&ArticleID=557
A Tale of Deception and Two Containers - Think Defence

7466850578_befdc75ec8.jpg

id914.jpg

Last edited:
No

In which case JF-17 with said missile will also not be forthcoming. Alternatively, equip sufficient ground units with 300km+ coastal defence missile batteries. And develop/adopt some surprise 'cruisemissile in a box' packages similar to the Russian container-mounted Uran's and Yakhonts, which can be put on truckbeds, railcarts and ships. Using different missiles, obviously.

Israel Defense | Cruise Missile in a Box
A Tale of Deception and Two Containers - Think Defence

7466850578_befdc75ec8.jpg

id914.jpg

How come when I suggest the identical same things, nobody pays attention? I added a complement of small missile boats, if I recall.

Coastal defence missile batteries under a land-based Coastal Defence Force, mobile cruise missiles (hadn't thought of that) and small, fast missile boats: that is the mixture for a purely defensive stance. Add a number of conventional submarines for a defensive stance that can turn offensive if pushed into a corner.

It means de-emphasising the land and air defences and bringing in more cover on the seaward side. A simple comparison of the order of battle on the land frontier and on the seaward side will bring out the gaping holes in defensive preparations on one side, and the wholly excessive concentration on the other.

Back
Top Bottom