What's new

IRIN to hold joint military drills with Indian Navy

What? did we consider anything when we send our soldiers for North Thunder in KSA for joint military drills?

Pakistan 1
Iran 1

Not one or two the coalition consists of 34 countries, all Muslims.

Well it was expected after the North Star Exercise led by KSA. These exercises aren't going to be the mere expression of share the techniques and expertise but indeed it has more to do with KSA & Iran conflict. So also, getting closer to India by Iran, is another sign that how Iran clears his position towards Pakistan and the same validates that why Pakistan considers to participate with 34 nations alliance and exercise instead to remain neutral. Iran intentions towards Pakistan are not new or unknown though were not very open but now started to show off. India's intention is usual as where there is opposition of Pakistan, that is the favorite for India. This newly strengthen ties aren't those simple but has to do more with upcoming coalition of Iran-India and I hope that the faces may turn more visible bu such sort of actions.
India and Iran are both civilizational powers with relations spanning thousands of years. Think about that.

For the last few hundred years we have been subdued, there is no way that as both civilizations rise again, we won't be friends as we have been for far too long to count.

I agree. An Indian-American partnership in almost any area is a mistake in my opinion. That is certainly what I tell my Congressman who I know personally. The Indians have no desire for it and we Americans will be played for fools trying to build one. Better to be honest about it.
The reality is much more nuanced than you are projecting.

A partnership between India and America is already forming in a number of areas. Partnerships are issue or sector specific. Some foundational aspects of India and US lend themselves to form specific partnerships - like Democracy and a want of international rule-of-law.

A strategic alliance it will never be because of differing objectives of India and US. India is for a multilateral world - which directly means we do not wish to see US as the sole super power in the world and that we feel that US and Western world forms laws which are unequal and benefit them at our cost.

We also recognize that the stronger party will always form laws and enforce them to its benefit - and this is a reflected reality as we are a hundred times poorer country/power and have been for the last many centuries. But that is changing slowly. India's relative strength vis-a-vis the West is rising and so - there will be a challenge to the current legal and economic order of the world.

Which is why you can bank on this fact - India and US will be partners in many causes, but we will never be allies. US does not form alliances as equals...and India is far too big to be dictated to. India and US are not adversaries, but its just not a fit either.

Last edited:
Saudis send thugs into Bahrain, Syria,Iraq and Yemen and kill our brothers and sisters and the Pakistani officials say we will defend the holy land against any threat (Iran) and yet Pakistan is unable to maintain security within its own lands especially borders, and also not to mention that many of those arab regimes have Pakistani soldiers in their armies (ex. pilots), and yet when we wanna do a wargame with India, our old and historic brothers, Pakistanis go all crazy that Iran has betrayed us bla bla !

Go ahead and do your war games with your brother ... India. The problem is that Iran doesn't have good relationship with almost evey Muslim country.

Further, it was not Iran rather it was Pakistan which faced the USSR which later lead to the formation of Taliban and consequently 9/11. We were as peaceful as any other country but got stuck between the cross fire of ideologies. Our brave army is now bring us back the our lost legacy at the expense of their blood.

Moreover, it was Iran, who bowing to the international pressure turned in the nuclear secrets to US inspectors in 2007 and resultantly gave Dr A Q Khan a bad name and a stigma of proliferation to Pakistan.

India and Iran are both civilizational powers with relations spanning thousands of years. Think about that.

For the last few hundred years we have been subdued, there is no way that as both civilizations rise again, we won't be friends as we have been for far too long to count.

Indeed it is the interest of one civilization from our neighbor with our another neighbor but this is not that simple as some are trying to portray but the creation of blocks. Those long relations also witnessed the Indian vote against Iran in IAEA. We do not have any big issue with Iran but indeed where there is India, we have to watch it closely so also the current Iran-India get together will result a good opposition by Arab world against India.

Houthis have been receiving every conceivable type of bomb over their heads and you are not doing a damn thing about it.

You are completely right. Houthis have been getting every conceivable type over their heads and they haven't been getting Iranian help.

Yet, despite this, they're still kicking Saudi @ss.

:flame:

Which is why you can bank on this fact - India and US will be partners in many causes, but we will never be allies. US does not form alliances as equals...and India is far too big to be dictated to. India and US are not adversaries, but its just not a fit either.

I'm not sure what your objection to my comments were because except for my substituting some causes for partnership for your many, we are in complete agreement that India and America will never be allies, (although I have my own reasons why.). Other than that, we seem to agree. :tup:

I agree. An Indian-American partnership in almost any area is a mistake in my opinion. That is certainly what I tell my Congressman who I know personally. The Indians have no desire for it and we Americans will be played for fools trying to build one. Better to be honest about it.
The problem with IndoUs partnership is US doesnt want one.......it rather wants a vassal state to contain its other adversaries in asia......simillarly using the carrot to contain India

Indeed it is the interest of one civilization from our neighbor with our another neighbor but this is not that simple as some are trying to portray but the creation of blocks.
Those long relations also witnessed the Indian vote against Iran in IAEA. We do not have any big issue with Iran but indeed where there is India, we have to watch it closely so also the current Iran-India get together will result a good opposition by Arab world against India.

For the bold part - Iran also supported pakistan in war against India. You don't see us crying over that but expect Iranians to bitch over one insignificant vote?
Nice try

The problem with IndoUs partnership is US doesnt want one.......it rather wants a vassal state to contain its other adversaries in asia......simillarly using the carrot to contain India
I'm starting to think you Indians can't take "yes" for an answer. :P Look, from our perspective, India does not want either a strategic partnership, nor any sort of close relationship with America. Now you may have your reasons why, we may have our reasons why, and that's fine. So lets agree with my original point then that our two countries have conflicting interest, have no desire for a lasting strategic partnership, and will NEVER be allies for the foreseeable future.

You don't see us crying over that but expect Iranians to bitch over one insignificant vote?

Did i want any Iranian to do so or anyone here tried to guide them but it was all about India which is indeed the concern of Pakistan and you are trying to change the subject here rest about the bold word, not decent at all...and i wouldn't ever refer that for Iran in any case, no matter what type of relations we have which are not that bad yet.

Half the "ummah" have close relationships with Israel. One more won't change anything.

I have no problem with Iran if it wants close relationship with India or if Egypt, Jordan etc have relationship with Israel. I am just trying to open the eyes of my fellow pro Iranian/pro arab Pakistanis who hate each and fight in Pakistan over their love for Iran or KSA.

ِDo we cry when you hold joint drills with KSA, send forces to Bahrain to oppress protesters or have good relations with U.S, even buying F-16s from them? We are not drama queens, you should see that, just like Pakistan and any other country, Iran too takes decisions based on interests.

And a joint naval drill between Iran and India is nothing to lose sleep for as it's not even an slightest threat to Pakistan, we don't lose sleep either when you say attack on KSA is attack on Pakistan blah blah. Imagine Iran saying that about India.

Pakistanis are still our brothers, and a drill is not going to change anything for us. I don't know about you.

My post is not directed towards Iranians or Indians. My post is directed towards Pakistanis who fight over sectarion differences in Pakistan because of their love for Iran or the Saudis. Absolutely no problem with Iran having close relationship with India.

As for your point about Pak defending KSA or bahrain issue, then I am not the Pro KSA Pakistani member you should be making those points to. I want Pakistan to be totally neutral in the middle east mess.

Iranians and mohinjadaro ,harapa,mehargarh(Indus Valley Civilization) on the other hand are quite familiar with the word "Civilisation". When two nations have history dating back to thousands of years and links spanning thousands of years
calm down my Hindi friend ------Persians used to call india Hind for a reason, means jungle---------

The news is good, a strong maritime cooperation between India & Iran is imperative to provide security in the Gulf region against any country's misadventures there, such moves will also inspire greater confidence to trade & invest in the Chahbar port, the INSTC trade corridor, and give better hope to Afghanistan & Central Asia's access to the sea (via Zaranj-Delaram).

I hope to see the economic relations between Indo-Persian cultures (that includes the offshoots like Pakistan) to be taken to the next level, but obviously Pakistan could be a thorn in the flesh. Being heavily dependent on Saudi funding for survival, infrastructure and political/religious leadership, Pakistan will be slaving under the GCC for a long time to come. And in the process they will be propping up obstacles to the relationship in any way their masters in Arabia see fit.

That's why the maritime relationship becomes all the more important to maintain stability. These naval exercises are a first step toward that goal.

That said, the Pakistani members on the thread making statements like "these events will spell bye-bye to India-Arab relations" need to understand that GCC is balancing on a precarious cliff. With the oncoming collapse of oil, the economies of most (if not all) GCC states, especially KSA, are on a downturn and presently staring at a bleak future.

In order to come out of this impetus, they need to diversify their economy at a very fast rate (something that should've been done 10 years ago). In such a situation, they are not in position to leverage anything against anyone outside of the Saudi-led coalition of GCC and few other countries like Pakistan & Djibouti.

As such, any cooperation they get from countries like India, they will take with open arms and any favors we ask in return, they will give with no questions asked. That's why you see them offering huge amounts for investment in the sectors we point at...the offer to store their oil and take 2/3rd for free, and other contracts like launching their Mars mission in 2020 onboard our PSLV. There are other space-related plans on the table as well, including remote-sensing & civilian navigation.

We need to expand our clientele and for that we need contracts, so it is actually we who are leveraging the GCC. And we know how to maintain proper relations with Iran & Israel in the meantime. Especially Iran now because after lifting of sanctions they are more open to trade and we can build relationships with lesser restrictions than before.

As of Pakistan, it's not in a position to dictate terms to either Iran or Saudi. So whatever happens between India-Iran or India-Arabs, all that Pakistan can do by itself is sit by and watch on.

++ Some pictures to sign off ++

INS_Vikramaditya_IFR_2016.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

5223132122013_ships.jpg

Iranian-Navy-Day-2-HR.jpg

^^ Last pic from Iran's Navy Day events

P.S.

About US relationship,

Honestly, it are the Saudis who blew up the WTC, and yet if the Americans want to suck up to them, then obviously there's something very wrong with their outlook on the M-E region. However that's they're problem and I'm not going to concern myself with that any further.

As of US-India theatre...any form of a deep strategic relationship is unlikely for as long as US keeps supporting the Pakistani Taliban's stance on Afghanistan. I frankly don't see how they expect to destroy the problem by making friends with it? But hey, making friends with the Mujahideen has been one of the US's most important foreign policy decisions in history and that's unlikely to change. But then again, who said they actually want to solve the problem? Nah. That's most likely up to India, Iran, Russia and the Afghan leadership to deal with. The vacuum left by US in Afghanistan is being slowly filled up by these countries and by 2020 we can see a complete replacement of the US role.

@Abingdonboy @randomradio @PARIKRAMA @MilSpec @Omega007

Last edited:
Lol, civilization word not look good when it comes from ganga valley history stealers.

India means land of Indus. But if some one look modren day map of world and try to find india (the land of indus) he will find that india (land of indus) is located in ganga valley :D

on what land we cultureless history less Pakistani live if ganga land bhangis own land of indus? :D

And farsi should read for what their forefathers used word hind before Islam. Hint, Hindush eastern province of Persian empire,

Back
Top Bottom