What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Could Su-35 also carry nuclear weapons with some modifications?

It could be a second way of delivery, by ballistic missile and fighter-bomber

what exactly is J-17

to be fair when they made that proposal , J10-A was the latest model of J-10

china as of 2021 owed around 20 bilion dollar that because of banking sanction they refused to give iraN
JF-17 Block III i guess

From the very beginning i was posting there i warned multiple times that China is not trustable and focus a lot on their own personal interests and what benefits their personal interests first, people were pointing me as a "french spy", Iran will probably never see its money back any time soon. Where is the part of the 400bn worth deal? Did they built the trains and everything? It's been two years.

Did they even proposed J-10C the same way as they proposed it to Pakistan? Iran is not Indonesia or Malaysia or Turkey, Pakistan, India that can buy whatever they want from any country and export how they want

Look at Algeria, buying Su-30 and they get delivered in time and other major systems like s-350, S-400, BMPT, all delivered in less than 5 years.

But Iran is not like them, it needs a special ticket to buy these systems such as selling drones and helping the Russian army with ammunitions, THEN Iran is able to purchase over the counter, this is ridiculous.

Iran will also never be able to export any of its products to non-sanctioned countries (nearly all countries in the world), not because they are bad, but because of the massive sanctions and threats awaiting anyone that wants to purchase, otherwise Shahed drones and TBM like Fath360, AD SHORAD, AD-40, AD-75, AD-120, CM-200/300, BM-250/300 would have been sold like bread without these threats. These systems are appropriate for their cost efficiency for South American countries, African countries, Southeast Asia countries and central Asia, Armenia and some east Europe countries such as Bosnia or Serbia, countries that cannot afford for fancy ultra high price western systems that fulfill the same role.

Iran has still billions worth of Boeing and Airbus airliners that it bought in 2016, which only a bunch of them have been delivered, the rest froze because of reapplication of sanctions.

Either

1- Stick with Russia as they are in the same situation of Iran sanction wise and doesn't care of US pressure

2- Work on the F-5 Kowsar endless project and rely on drones as air force support

3- Do both

4- Highly doubt of it, but make something to lower sanctions through diplomacy or JCPOA using leverage or threats when the Biden administration is still in and use EU countries which have a lot of interests in Iran that they lost in 2018, make liquidity and get on a quick shopping spree from China and get JF-17s and J-10C at the right time in the most amount possible before some evangelical zionist neocons reapply sanctions on Iran.

Iran has still billions worth of Boeing and Airbus airliners that it bought in 2016, which only a bunch of them have been delivered, the rest froze because of reapplication of sanctions.

It didn’t buy anything. The contract was never fully fulfilled. Iran didn’t pay for all the planes up front, no one does that especially with Boeing having a 5-6+ year order backlog.

Russians are slow very slow... and Iran is not clever in its agreements and contracts.

Iran has a lot of leverage this time around. Russia burns thru drones and ammo very fast. It will need a shipment of drones by this summer.

Iran can withhold supply of arms.

Whoever thinks Iran can buy some JF-17/J-10C/J-16 or whatever like that is highly delusive and underestimate the power of the US economy wise

Thank you.

If you want to buy from China, might as well go buy from France and the US. Your money will end up in the same place with all three—confiscated.

China didn’t even help Russia militarily and even supported a UN resolution recently (albeit with some language it abstained from).

China would backstab Iran much harder than Russia ever could.

Either

1- Stick with Russia as they are in the same situation of Iran sanction wise and doesn't care of US pressure

2- Work on the F-5 Kowsar endless project and rely on drones as air force support

3- Do both
The two needs to merge together.

Iran needs to stop being so pig-headed

Either

3- Do both

Iran must do both. I don t think F-5 optimized are useless. They can be good in great numbers to protect or chase attackers in national air space. But a country as Iran must think Big, when you think little you are weak, they need to be on the wave of technological providers and make projects in the state of the art. Being more honestly, Iran must think Big.

When Iran claims that persian gulf is persian gulf, it must not only based in historic reasons, it must be based in military power also.This what others obey,always.

Ties with russia must be based in mutual benefits, if Iran doesn t win important things, to me are useless. Iran must not have useless agreement with Russia as Syria or other countries have. Iran is a country that can give things, and has it s neeeds. I insist, whatever russians says, they will have war for years to come, its better for them to trust iranians and honours contrats, they don t have any other reliable country out of there, that not cares for US sanctions.

the drama was mute even at the start , Russia need all its su-35 for the war , they don't have any to spare . and in their infinite wisdom , they relied on western and east asian parts for building those airplane , now they had problem sourcing them and it take time to replace them with local parts

Iran must do both. I don t think F-5 optimized are useless. They can be good in great numbers to protect or chase attackers in national air space. But a country as Iran must think Big, when you think little you are weak, they need to be on the wave of technological providers and make projects in the state of the art. Being more honestly, Iran must think Big.

When Iran claims that persian gulf is persian gulf, it must not only based in historic reasons, it must be based in military power also.This what others obey,always.

Ties with russia must be based in mutual benefits, if Iran doesn t win important things, to me are useless. Iran must not have useless agreement with Russia as Syria or other countries have. Iran is a country that can give things, and has it s neeeds. I insist, whatever russians says, they will have war for years to come, its better for them to trust iranians and honours contrats, they don t have any other reliable country out of there, that not cares for US sanctions.
those f-5 optimization can be as good as f-16 depends on how yo u optimize them. F-20 lost to F-16 only because of political decision, otherwise there was nothing in f-16 that could not put inside in f-20, and in other metrics it was superior

Last edited:
those f-5 optimization can be as good as f-16 depends on how yo u optimize them. F-20 lost to F-16 only because of political decision, otherwise there was nothing in f-16 that could not put inside in f-20, and in other metrics it was superior
You need a Russian engine to get to the level of F20. RD 33 would be perfect for this.

I do not understand why Iran isn't doing this.

You need a Russian engine to get to the level of F20. RD 33 would be perfect for this.

We are waiting for Afghanistan jet engine production to catch up with us..after all it is all about Islamic unity BS..meanwhile Iran making sure all Palestinians have a personal rocket launchers at home..who needs RD33..lol

It amuses me that people still take you seriously after your anti-Iran rhetoric and rants. Why Torks are so obsessed with the Iranian threads here I have no idea, no Iranians care to spam the Torkish threads as much as you and your fellow Torkish trolls do here.

Alas, Iran already has a program to develop increasingly larger turbofan engines for military use and this is in progress. India with its massive budget, superior industrial base and human capital and no sanctions sunk billions into their domestic turbofan Kaveri program for almost 40 years (from 1986) and only after substantial French help did they make any progress (still very limited progress). Owj and Jahesh are great milestones and will continue to be built upon. Iranian funds are limited and allocated according to our needs as defined by our unique national security dynamics - i.e. mostly to mass production of increasingly potent and advanced ballistic missiles and air defence.

The drama takes ANOTHER TURN

Another major Iranian news outlet reporting the first batch of SU-35 will arrive next week

It amuses me that people still take you seriously after your anti-Iran rhetoric and rants. Why Torks are so obsessed with the Iranian threads here I have no idea, no Iranians care to spam the Torkish threads as much as you and your fellow Torkish trolls do here.

I’m pretty sure he is using a fake account. He reminds me of Marcus or whatever that “PDF think tank analyst title” troll was called who hated Iran and touted Turkey. This was several years ago.

Maybe @SalarHaqq remembers the user I’m talking about

It amuses me how you say this and proceed to take me seriously :lol:

Alas, Iran already has a program to develop increasingly larger turbofan engines for military use and this is in progress. India with its massive budget, superior industrial base and human capital and no sanctions sunk billions into their domestic turbofan Kaveri program for almost 40 years (from 1986) and only after substantial French help did they make any progress (still very limited progress). Owj and Jahesh are great milestones and will continue to be built upon. Iranian funds are limited and allocated according to our needs as defined by our unique national security dynamics - i.e. mostly to mass production of increasingly potent and advanced ballistic missiles and air defence.
If the aircraft development has to wait for the engine development to catch up, Iran will lose precious years.

If TAI said "we'll wait for the Turkish engine" and sat waiting holding onto their dicks we would never have TFX. But TFX will fly this year and Turkish engine will come out 5 years later.

Iran needs to stop being so pig-headed and take a page out of Turkey's playbook. We're literally showing how it's done.

If TAI said "we'll wait for the Turkish engine" and sat waiting holding onto their dicks we would never have TFX. But TFX will fly this year and Turkish engine will come out 5 years later.

We have told you this numerous times. We aren’t part of NATO like Turkey we cannot get jet engines. They won’t even sell us spare parts for our civilian airlines.

Your counter has been ask China or Russia. And you have yet to supply any evidence that these countries will supply Iran with engines when history has shown arms deal after arms deal falling apart with those two countries.

The last major arms deal with Russia was over a decade ago (S-300) and the last major arms deal with China was over two decades ago (C-802 cruise missile deal of late 90’s).

So stop repeating the same claims that Iran is “pig headed” and not accepting foreign help. There is no foreign help.

At last the EU even supplied the Kiev government with stealth cruise missiles with a range of 600 km to be used against Russia.
Yet, Russia will not sell any decent equipment to Iran or Syria.
Russia is a country that has always been such a weak-kneed diplomat, don't get your hopes up.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom