What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

First I've heard of it.
Couldn't resist so I got myself over to the above Wiki pg.

According to this entry, the Yaghout is in development and expected (by) 2025.

An Advanced 4++ generation heavy Interceptor, it is intended to be produced in two versions; A twin-seat model for the primary Air Force and a single-seat version for IRGC's Aerospace Force.

I found the flowchart of Iranian engine developments to also be telling in this regard.

According to the final engine in this line of developments will be a Saturn AL-31(F), in 2026.

This at least make sense of reports that Iran is developing a heavy hunter and a heavy engine.

I looked for a single AL-31 powered a/c and came upon the Sukhoi S-54 et al for instance.

A bit on the short side but I think I ran over similar concepts as well.

Couldn't resist so I got myself over to the above Wiki pg.

According to this entry, the Yaghout is in development and expected (by) 2025.

An Advanced 4++ generation heavy Interceptor, it is intended to be produced in two versions; A twin-seat model for the primary Air Force and a single-seat version for IRGC's Aerospace Force.

I found the flowchart of Iranian engine developments to also be telling in this regard.

According to the final engine in this line of developments will be a Saturn AL-31(F), in 2026.

This at least make sense of reports that Iran is developing a heavy hunter and a heavy engine.

I looked for a single AL-31 powered a/c and came upon the Sukhoi S-54 et al for instance.

A bit on the short side but I think I ran over similar concepts as well.
Interesting, it would be very impressive if they have a completed Al-33 like prototype by 2025 considering where they were 20 years ago.

Hopefully they ordered S-500 and not S-400. S-400 doesn’t add much capability over Iranian systems, but S-500 is a good platform to learn from for ABM/hypersonic development
Is it possible and likely that Iran will get the S-500 before China? I dont think so.

Is it possible and likely that Iran will get the S-500 before China? I dont think so.
That rank already shuffled, If they provided iran with their tech and platforms iran could have deliver them with better systems for recent crisis.

the Iranian experience is a second to none, their IRIAF for example astonished every one how hard they worked this effort and steel type of consistency and patience and will to defy the impossible, its really any people or nation tending for sovereignty has them as a star of hope ...
i cannot express the honor and respect they hold in any free person conscience..
Hats up Iran

So , can we hope for retirement of f7,mirage f1and other useless scarce airplane?!

So , can we hope for retirement of f7,mirage f1and other useless scarce airplane?!
Ideally [hopefully] these will be passed on to the irgc-af.
Ironically the mirage f1 actually had some real potential for upgrading,indeed any upgrade you could perform on the f5 could also in theory be performed on the f1.In fact you probably have more potential as the south africans showed that the f1 could be fitted with a modified version of the mig29s rd33 turbofan,you cant do this for the f5.Plus they also integrated the r-73 a2a missile with the f1 as well.
But for whatever reason the iriaf seemed to be almost literally fixated on the f5 to the exclusion of pretty much everything else,god knows why......

Back
Top Bottom