What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Ideally [hopefully] these will be passed on to the irgc-af.
Ironically the mirage f1 actually had some real potential for upgrading,indeed any upgrade you could perform on the f5 could also in theory be performed on the f1.In fact you probably have more potential as the south africans showed that the f1 could be fitted with a modified version of the mig29s rd33 turbofan,you cant do this for the f5.Plus they also integrated the r-73 a2a missile with the f1 as well.
But for whatever reason the iriaf seemed to be almost literally fixated on the f5 to the exclusion of pretty much everything else,god knows why......
Logistics ?!

Interesting
Fo-Nr-E2i-WQAIhlb9.jpg

today I am happy that someone has used a hypothesis of mine from a few years ago, including the drawings

Logistics ?!

Hi

Yet more interesting posts.

There are two distinctive camps regarding a 'souped up' Kowsar 11'.

One favorably in support thereof, the other definitely not in support of it.

Also very nice pics posted to Twitter, and also to this thread of possibly such an a/c. One in particular shows its wing in shadow, but strain as I could, I could just not identify the wings. F-5 like or cranked arrow?

I have posted a drop box shortcut to an article I wrote on just such an a/c some time back.

At :-

Best viewed in Word

Piet

Interesting
Fo-Nr-E2i-WQAIhlb9.jpg

today I am happy that someone has used a hypothesis of mine from a few years ago, including the drawings
Basically F-16XL wing geometry.

Would not be surprised if it could carry Mk84 bomb on each wing that F-5 Tiger II can't thus 3 of them along 5 Mk83 bombs compared to 3.
Another is that mounting AIM-23B/Fakour-90 would be possible on this F-16XL like delta wing Kowsar.
Iran could then design AIM-7 with two stage/dual pulse rocfket motor or extending engine stage by basically doubling the length of it.

1675700305698.png

Seems like this one looks different than the other two. Looks like different camo pattern as well.

Could just be optical illusion from satellite.

Logistics ?!
The irony is that upgrading the f1 would`ve potentially eased the iriafs logistics burden to a small degree,as replacing the old atar turbojet with the rd33 turbofan would`ve then given you commonality with the mig29s engine logistics train,plus of course a lighter more powerful,more fuel efficient engine.
One honestly has to wonder why they even put in all the effort resurrecting the f1 fleet in the first place if they werent actually even going to bother to attempt to make any serious use of it.
Frankly tho`, I stopped bothering trying to apply logic to the iriaf and its decisions/choices a long time ago.

The irony is that upgrading the f1 would`ve potentially eased the iriafs logistics burden to a small degree,as replacing the old atar turbojet with the rd33 turbofan would`ve then given you commonality with the mig29s engine logistics train,plus of course a lighter more powerful,more fuel efficient engine.
One honestly has to wonder why they even put in all the effort resurrecting the f1 fleet in the first place if they werent actually even going to bother to attempt to make any serious use of it.
Frankly tho`, I stopped bothering trying to apply logic to the iriaf and its decisions/choices a long time ago.
F1? You mean F-5 or F-4?

Finally it comes out, I predicted that a Kowsar mod would come out soon but it's a bit more than that. As I have always said, Iran is always 4 to 8 years ahead of their public announcements. And they are working on at least 2-3 planes in the background. Plus, they always leave clues. Each advance, each gradation demonstrates that we are moving in the right direction and faster and faster.

The fact that the SNSC (Supreme National Security Council) official account is also mentioning a "important" event tommorow, makes me kinda stressed but also very curious. They usually don't comment these things, but it seems like the developments and revival of the IRIAF has got them very interested, while we also wait for foreign guests to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom