What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Well Iran has Bavar, but it's always good to diversity and how many Bavar SAMs has Iran built anyways ? Also how long would it take Iran to build something like the S-500 ? Maybe 10+ years or more ? Also Iran needs military grade spy satellites. I'm not talking about putting micro sized research satellites in space for a short period of time. Iran has plans but again it might take years. Until then Iran needs something now. Not to mention that the procurement of these weapons systems will likely give Iran's own industry a boost. Also since both countries are under harsh sanctions and will likely continue to remain under harsh sanctions for the foreseeable future especially Iran, it makes logical sense for both to work on military projects together.
the question is what s-400 bring to Iran ? even our 3rd of khordad air defense have 200km of rang , what is the range of s-400 export missile
and about bavar , well 1 prototype , but the reason is it was in development phase.
we sew they produced the missile for it . are you implying they begin producing missiles without begin producing the system and the problem with s-400 is its radar is inferior to bavar.

When it comes to S-400 and Bastion, it's the Pentagon that said Iran was interested. There's probably a 50/50 chance that it's true considering Pentagon's track record.

Nonsense and small thinking.

Analysts claim that Bavar is superior to S-300 but not S400. 3rd of Khordad is an analog of the BUK SAM, which Iran never would have been able to build without first purchasing BUK from Russia. If the S-400 is as "inferior" as you claim then why did China, India, Turkey purchase it and risk heavy sanctions in the process ? All those countries can build air defense systems and in the case of India and Turkey, they have access to advanced western technology and components.

the question is what s-400 bring to Iran ? even our 3rd of khordad air defense have 200km of rang , what is the range of s-400 export missile
and about bavar , well 1 prototype , but the reason is it was in development phase.
we sew they produced the missile for it . are you implying they begin producing missiles without begin producing the system and the problem with s-400 is its radar is inferior to bavar.

Last edited:

Ukraine official urges 'liquidation' of Iranian weapons factories​

KYIV, Dec 24 (Reuters) - A top Ukrainian presidential aide called for the "liquidation" of Iranian factories making drones and missiles, as well as the arrest of their suppliers, as Kyiv accused Tehran of planning to supply more weapons to Russia.

Writing on Twitter on Saturday, Ukrainian presidential aide Mykhailo Podolyak said Iran "blatantly humiliates the institution of international sanctions", before calling for the destruction of Iranian weapon factories in response.

Kyiv has accused Tehran of supplying 1700 Shahed-136 loitering munitions to Moscow, which it says have been used to hit targets in Ukraine since September. Iran denies the allegations.

Ukraine's espionage chief said in an interview released on Friday that Russia had already launched around 540 of the drones at military and energy targets in Ukraine.

When it comes to S-400 and Bastion, it's the Pentagon that said Iran was interested. There's probably a 50/50 chance that it's true considering Pentagon's track record.

Analysts claim that Bavar is superior to S-300 but not S400. 3rd of Khordad is an analog of the BUK SAM, which Iran never would have been able to build without first purchasing BUK from Russia. If the S-400 is as "inferior" as you claim then why did China, India, Turkey purchase it and risk heavy sanctions in the process ? All those countries can build air defense systems and in the case of India and Turkey, they have access to advanced western technology and components.
None of what you say is based on coherent or knowledgeable thinking. Please stop trying to ‘shallow engage’. It’s painfully obvious. You’re anti-Iranian posts infested with anti-Iranian sources (same ones-‘analysts’-you’re weakly referencing now) are manifest and tagged.

Last edited:
Analysts claim that Bavar is superior to S-300 but not S400.
only on the ground of the range of missiles and interestingly they compare baver with the domestic s-400 missiles not the export version that have less range.
also none of those analysis go and compare the most important part of the systems which is engagement and detection radar.
3rd of Khordad is an analog of the BUK SAM, which Iran never would have been able to build without first purchasing BUK from Russia.
not an analogue , of Buk . for start the range of the missiles are 4-5 time that of buk , its battalion radar has a range of 450km buk never had that and the telar can engage targets from 70km away without even turning on its radar . no buk missile can do that more importantly Iran didn't use SA-11, if I'm not wrong we bought SA-6 (kub) and developed a system based on that in RAAD and Talash Project and it resulted in 3rd of Khordad
If the S-400 is as "inferior" as you claim then why did China, India, Turkey purchase it and risk heavy sanctions in the process
already answer that , india indigenous projects are in class of KUB and some manpad , the rest of their systems based on foreign design , turkey for years waited for patriot and usa didn't gave them that and about Hisar air defense system only the short to medium range is ready . about china , tell me what is the best indigenous china air defence system ? and you get your answer.

I'm not anti Iranian. That's impossible since I'm an Iranian nationalist. I come here out of academic interest. If you want to live in a cave, that's fine, go right ahead, close your eyes and cover your ears. However for every crisis and conflict there are atleast two sides to every story and I want to see both sides. You're obviously not mature enough to handle differing narratives, but that's not my problem.

None of what you say is based on coherent or knowledgeable thinking. Please stop trying to ‘shallow engage’. It’s painfully obvious. You’re anti-Iranian posts infested with anti-Iranian sources (same ones-‘analysts’-you’re weakly referencing now) are manifest and tagged.

Okay but how many Bavar SAMs has Iran built 50 ? 20 ? 10 ? Obviously it would be a rational idea to produce the Bavar SAM but even then it's always good to diversity a little bit. I'm not saying that Iran should or must purchase the S-400 but Iran might end up purchasing it. It is a possibility regardless of how you feel about it.

Also 3rd of Khordad is still an analog of BUK regardless of how much its optimized. Iran never would have been able to build it without reverse engineering the BUK air defense system first. Same thing with Iran's various F-5 analogs (Kowsar, Saeqeh, etc). Iran had to reverse engineer the F-5 and to do that they first had to purchase it from the United States. Even the missiles used in the Sayyad SAM are reverse engineered from the American RIM-66 anti ship missile.

Iran didn't build any of the above mentioned products from scratch. Don't get me wrong, Iran has built some products from scratch, but by and large Iran is still in a transitional phase at the moment when it comes to being self sufficient with its military industrial complex. Just look at the remains of Iranian drones that that have fallen into Ukrainian hands. They're filled with American/Japanese and other foreign components.

Same thing with the Turksih Bayraktar TB-2. American weapons also have some Chinese supplied components, some from Taiwan and other nations. We're living in a globalized world and once one nation produces an excellent product, it's natural that others will want to use it as well. Just like how the Russians purchased the Shahed-136 from Iran and are now building it under license.

Anyways my point is that for Iran to have been able to reverse engineer the 3rd of Khordad or F-5 , Iran first had to purchase those weapons systems from foreign countries. I find your stance on this issue to be contradictory. You're advocating Iranian products that were reverse engineered from foreign technology, while at the same time you're vehemently opposed to Iran purchasing any new technology that will very likely lead to new and more advanced products in the future. To me, this seems counter productive.

Anyways I think we can agree to disagree on this one.

only on the ground of the range of missiles and interestingly they compare baver with the domestic s-400 missiles not the export version that have less range.
also none of those analysis go and compare the most important part of the systems which is engagement and detection radar.

not an analogue , of Buk . for start the range of the missiles are 4-5 time that of buk , its battalion radar has a range of 450km buk never had that and the telar can engage targets from 70km away without even turning on its radar . no buk missile can do that more importantly Iran didn't use SA-11, if I'm not wrong we bought SA-6 (kub) and developed a system based on that in RAAD and Talash Project and it resulted in 3rd of Khordad

already answer that , india indigenous projects are in class of KUB and some manpad , the rest of their systems based on foreign design , turkey for years waited for patriot and usa didn't gave them that and about Hisar air defense system only the short to medium range is ready . about china , tell me what is the best indigenous china air defence system ? and you get your answer.

Also 3rd of Khordad is still an analog of BUK regardless of how much its optimized. Iran never would have been able to build it without reverse engineering the BUK air defense system first
As I said more like KUB not BUK.
Wonder when we started the raad project if we had access to BUK.
Iran didn't build any of the above mentioned products from scratch. Don't get me wrong, Iran has built some products from scratch, but by and large Iran is still in a transitional phase at the moment when it comes to being self sufficient with its military industrial complex. Just look at the remains of Iranian drones that that have fallen into Ukrainian hands. They're filled with American/Japanese and other foreign components.
For the radars on bavar and 15th of khordad we didn't had any help from USA or Russia.

Those are components they are not drones or anything else. Iran designed the drones itself.
Anyways my point is that for Iran to have been able to reverse engineer the 3rd of Khordad or F-5 , Iran first had to purchase those weapons systems from foreign countries. I find your stance on this issue to be contradictory. You're advocating Iranian products that were reverse engineered from foreign technology, while at the same time you're vehemently opposed to Iran purchasing any new technology that will very likely lead to new and more advanced products in the future. To me, this seems counter productive.
3rd of khordad is not reverse engineered that is a misconception. We get KUB and built raad project based on that and forked it to become 3rd of khordad 3 generation later. Russia get KUB and developed it to become BUK m3. They are separately developed from an older system by two different team. They are not even that compatible with each other anymore.
About aircraft we already bought enough aircraft we don't need to buy more till judgment day. If we are supposed to build new aircraft we have enough to build upon and develop and anything short of 5th gen aircraft won't add anything to our knowledge.

You're advocating Iranian products that were reverse engineered from foreign technology, while at the same time you're vehemently opposed to Iran purchasing any new technology that will very likely lead to new and more advanced products in the future. To me, this seems counter productive.
Tell me what su-35 bring us? How it add to our knowledge.?
And why you believe kowsar is equal to f5 and is reverse engineered f5 even the body is modified, RADAR is modified E-Warfare suit is modified it has different system to control the airplane it has data link capabilities. The design itself i despite being old is not that bad after all F-18 Also built on te same architecture.
Only copy is engine and that will change in time.

I'm not anti Iranian. That's impossible since I'm an Iranian nationalist. I come here out of academic interest. If you want to live in a cave, that's fine, go right ahead, close your eyes and cover your ears. However for every crisis and conflict there are atleast two sides to every story and I want to see both sides. You're obviously not mature enough to handle differing narratives, but that's not my problem.
You are anti-Iranian and the ‘side’ you believe in is run by likes of you who are run by foreigners. Stop wiggling.

5DD28244-20F3-4212-B1AB-E6B7D51A0637.jpeg

Tell me what su-35 bring us? How it add to our knowledge.?
And why you believe kowsar is equal to f5 and is reverse engineered f5 even the body is modified, RADAR is modified E-Warfare suit is modified it has different system to control the airplane it has data link capabilities. The design itself i despite being old is not that bad after all F-18 Also built on te same architecture.
Only copy is engine and that will change in time.
This fellow you are talking with has "zero" technical experience..I bet he never touched a hammer in his hand..He talks about complex engineering trade offs that goes behind the scene before a project starts...He also thinks he is "Nationalist Iranian" but he promotes anti Iran propaganda prepared for him by Iranian enemies..Dump him as many of us have done.

Ukraine official urges 'liquidation' of Iranian weapons factories​

KYIV, Dec 24 (Reuters) - A top Ukrainian presidential aide called for the "liquidation" of Iranian factories making drones and missiles, as well as the arrest of their suppliers, as Kyiv accused Tehran of planning to supply more weapons to Russia.

Writing on Twitter on Saturday, Ukrainian presidential aide Mykhailo Podolyak said Iran "blatantly humiliates the institution of international sanctions", before calling for the destruction of Iranian weapon factories in response.

Kyiv has accused Tehran of supplying 1700 Shahed-136 loitering munitions to Moscow, which it says have been used to hit targets in Ukraine since September. Iran denies the allegations.

Ukraine's espionage chief said in an interview released on Friday that Russia had already launched around 540 of the drones at military and energy targets in Ukraine.
These fvcking uki 🤡clowns🤡 have gone nuts,literally.....:jester:
I especially love his claim that iran "blatantly humiliates the institution of international sanctions",does he mean the us or un ones? :rolleyes:
Shouldnt that claim also apply to russia as well?,after all its buying as many of them as it can. 😏

On the serious side tho` I think it shows just what formidable weapons systems the s-131/136 combo have turned out to be.
As far as I can recall this is actually the first time that a great power [UNSC/NW State] nation has bought,indeed not only bought but begun license production of,a weapons system that was designed,tested and manufactured in a muslim nation.So this is actually military history being made here.
This is another big military first for iran,strangely tho no mention of it in the west,funny that,eh?

Last edited:
You can believe whatever you want, but your beliefs don't define who I am or what I believe. I consider myself a nationalist because I want Iran to be the best country and I love Iran.

I don't promote anything, I post it for the sake of discourse. Some people can't handle conflicting points of view like a child can't handle a roller coaster ride. That's not my problem.

You can choose to confine yourself to only receive information from only one source, rather than seeing what both sides have to say. However that kind of behavior leads to ignorance.

I'm a natural skeptic so I refuse to blindly follow any one source. I will take what both sides are saying into consideration and use logical deduction and critical thinking to try and determine the truth.

This fellow you are talking with has "zero" technical experience..I bet he never touched a hammer in his hand..He talks about complex engineering trade offs that goes behind the scene before a project starts...He also thinks he is "Nationalist Iranian" but he promotes anti Iran propaganda prepared for him by Iranian enemies..Dump him as many of us have done.

LOL you think a foreign intelligence agency that controls mainstream media outlets and has strong influence over the most popular platforms in the world would bother paying someone to post something on a forum that half a dozen to a dozen people view in a day ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not the Iranian James Bond and this forum is really insignificant. Maybe it's the most important part of your day but it's really nothing in the big picture. That's just the truth.

You are anti-Iranian and the ‘side’ you believe in is run by likes of you who are run by foreigners. Stop wiggling.

View attachment 907895

Last edited:
If you put yourself in their shoes, their anger is understandable. But I believe that this proves that their claims about shooting down 100% of the drones and missiles launched by Russia is fake. If they were shooting down 100% then why would they care ?

These fvcking uki 🤡clowns🤡 have gone nuts,literally.....:jester:
I especially love his claim that iran "blatantly humiliates the institution of international sanctions",does he mean the us or un ones? :rolleyes:
Shouldnt that claim also apply to russia as well?,after all its buying as many of them as it can. 😏

On the serious side tho` I think it shows just what formidable weapons systems the s-131/136 combo have turned out to be.
As far as I can recall this is actually the first time that a great power [UNSC/NW State] nation has bought,indeed not only bought but begun license production of,a weapons system that was designed,tested and manufactured in a muslim nation.So this is actually military history being made here.
This is another big military first for iran,strangely tho no mention of it in the west,funny that,eh?

Back
Top Bottom