What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Plane needs to be scaled to 200% larger (maybe more) to be formidable.
Depends, for me if it can be scaled up to the size that it would be able to carry 4xpl-12 size missile internally then it can be a dangerous foe and for that I don't think it need to be the size of F-22. I think if we manage to scale it up to the size of something like rafale that would be enough.

Such a sexy design God damn

The day Jahesh single-crystal turbofan produces anything around 10000 lbf ... This thing will start flying before anyone else.

Comparision with Turkish

919454_121.jpg

1200px-Maquette_TF-X_Le_Bourget_2019.jpg

For now
Yes Its Chinese/UK/Russian.

By design, engine, avionics suite, navi-comm, A2A/A2G weaponry ... everything is a Chinese CATIC-consortium patented product.

The day Jahesh single-crystal turbofan produces anything around 10000 lbf ... This thing will start flying before anyone else.

Comparision with Turkish

919454_121.jpg

Take it from me - the Jahesh will not move up in scale a single notch if the funding to the IACI/HESA remains as miserable as it has currently. Iranian defence budget is abysmally low - <$10 billion is horrendous for a nation that has so many powerful enemies and surrounded by US bases.

At the very least, I would expect Iran to turn adversity into opportunity and for the next two decades to organize a heavy chunk of it's economy around manufacturing weaponry and defence projects and use this to create employment among Iranian people. That is assuming if the bureaucracy and the fucking ministers can curb their greed and resist the urge to steal the money and keep the projects running on bare minimum funds.

Take it from me - the Jahesh will not move up in scale a single notch if the funding to the IACI/HESA remains as miserable as it has currently. Iranian defence budget is abysmally low - <$10 billion is horrendous for a nation that has so many powerful enemies and surrounded by US bases.

At the very least, I would expect Iran to turn adversity into opportunity and for the next two decades to organize a heavy chunk of it's economy around manufacturing weaponry and defence projects and use this to create employment among Iranian people. That is assuming if the bureaucracy and the fucking ministers can curb their greed and resist the urge to steal the money and keep the projects running on bare minimum funds.
Iran's defense budget is around 30 billion USD, not 10.

Iran's defense budget is around 30 billion USD, not 10.
There seems to be a mistake in that regard. A Swedish organization estimated Iranian military expenditure to be around $26 billion a year but General Bagheri himself has said (and it's on record) that Iranian defence spending doesn't exceed $10 billion annually.

There seems to be a mistake in that regard. A Swedish organization estimated Iranian military expenditure to be around $26 billion a year but General Bagheri himself has said (and it's on record) that Iranian defence spending doesn't exceed $10 billion annually.
When did he say that? I distinctly remember reading that it was 10-20 billion in 1400 and 20-30 billion in 1401

When did he say that? I distinctly remember reading that it was 10-20 billion in 1400 and 20-30 billion in 1401

Please refer to this thread:

At last

They give another index of their heavy hunter which is officially under construction of then 2020. It is not a toy, it is their official model that they chose. Leave to make the negative comments here and people who do not make the difference between official public announcements and work behind scene.

Why are they working on their heavy hunters? Because their new power engine is ready and has been tested on the F-4 SM. Iran hides their games but it is enough to read in the lines and understand that they keep certain things secret for the moment

This model is an official model

The only model that actually matters was that F-5G/F-20 looking Kowsar model they showed hanging with a single Turbofan and long nose.

If we can produce something in the class of RD-33/AL-31F or can get them from Russia in high numbers then that will be the eventual result of our long F-5E/F research on Azarakhsh, Saegheh, Kowsar .... Considering that Kowsar is already has a 4th generation avionics and combat suite, that next plane will have 4+ avionics with AESA+HOTAS and rest from Kowsar. Something that along with F-14 AM, MIG-29 along with new TOT'ed J-10C/SU-35S/MIG-35 can carry IRIAF into the unmanned combat aviation era.

Last edited:
If you have them then use them, pilots have to have at least few dozen flying hours a year.

If you have them then use them, pilots have to have at least few dozen flying hours a year.
they didn't used them for years and now that we have actual replacement they are using it , those airplanes were not IRIAF choice, they were somehow imposed on them. they have no actual use in combat , it may be possible to modify them to be bomb carrier , but i'm not aware such upgrades and modification actually happened. but they have no role as fighters and I doubt they are good trainer either .

they didn't used them for years and now that we have actual replacement they are using it , those airplanes were not IRIAF choice, they were somehow imposed on them. they have no actual use in combat , it may be possible to modify them to be bomb carrier , but i'm not aware such upgrades and modification actually happened. but they have no role as fighters and I doubt they are good trainer either .

F-7N or a Mirage-F1EQ can not be used for any useful role in IRIAF's strategy. F-7N with its midget radar and almost nonexistent A2A capability will be destroyed by any enemy interceptor or even by any good SAM. There is zero evidence of Mirage F1Q/EQ having any radar up-gradation or even activation post its refurbishment. Most of the time they fly without pylons yet you get shiny paint jobs on them each time like they are F-22s. Such a waste these 3rd Generation relics are. IRIAF should focus on Kowsar's next-generation because at the end of it we may have some 70-80 ... 4-4+ gen BVR combat suit wearing fighters who can at least pose challenges to the regional adversary in Iranian skies. That we can do without foreign purchases inside Iran at least. A fully upgraded and operationalized IRIAF (F-14AM, MIG-29, Kowsar-II, F-4E/D, SU-24) even without purchases is not very bad for regional defense with our top-notch Air defense and UCAVs. But even for those upgrades, money should be released.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom