What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

@drmeson @Hack-Hook

Honestly, I believe IRGC servicemen should all be made to do a mandatory short-term commission in the Artesh's counterpart of whichever service branch they're under and vice versa.

I hate this needless rivalry the two sides have where the commands do their own separate things instead of working jointly on everything from operations to research & development and intelligence.

Once both sides have experienced each other's work culture and struggles, such distinctions will fade and the military machine will be more unified and honed towards tackling the challenges they've been stood up to face.

@drmeson @Hack-Hook

Honestly, I believe IRGC servicemen should all be made to do a mandatory short-term commission in the Artesh's counterpart of whichever service branch they're under and vice versa.

I hate this needless rivalry the two sides have where the commands do their own separate things instead of working jointly on everything from operations to research & development and intelligence.

Once both sides have experienced each other's work culture and struggles, such distinctions will fade and the military machine will be more unified and honed towards tackling the challenges they've been stood up to face.

more like IRGC should appoint technical advisors/managers in every Artesh branch to get projects done. Today we have Kowsar, a 98 % domestically made airframe with avionics or combat suite of a 4.0 generation aircraft. Give this Project's command to IRGC-AF with the same IAIO/IEI companies and in 3-4 years you will see squadron after squadron coming out of F-20/YF-17 like airframe flying with AESA radar, shooting LR-BVR missiles. These people get things done. Even if they have managed to secure funds from leadership then it's their credit. And have they not produced results? I remember they asked for R&D money to improve precision of missiles for some 5 years and today we have a series of missiles with crazy accurate CEP.

who knows if this method of Iran-Russia trade can also be used in the aeronautical field?
https://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2022/05/26/682802/Iran-Russia-barter-trade-steel-Fatemi-Amin
on the other hand, Iran has enormous experience in the maintenance of commercial Boeing and Airbus aircraft, while Russia produces both excellent fighter planes and related engines, Who knows they could collaborate in the further development of the IrAn-140 commercial turboprop aircraft or the Russian project based on the Let L-610 or IL-114 , but also collaboration in tactical transport aircraft, I think the Simorgh 'and IL-112, both countries could help each other

Still failed to answer a simple question I asked.
Only baseless claims.

Wonder what IRGC did with aircraft they poses that defence ministry and airforce didn't do years ago with the ones they poses .

It's a question I asked many times and nobody gave me a convincing answer.

IRGC's focus has never been their AF. Their real strides are in Aerospace missile forces and no one in the region can rival them when it comes to the quality of missile forces they have developed over the years. Seems like you have a personal problem with IRGC.

When I say IRIAF should be merged with IRGC-AF it does not mean I am saying that because IRGC has Lockheed Martin graduates working for them. It's because they have a far far better track record of delivering on projects than IRIAF. Besides, it will tackle the noujeh coup fearing mullah problem too.

Still failed to answer a simple
IRGC's focus has never been their AF. Their real strides are in Aerospace missile forces and no one in the region can rival them when it comes to the quality of missile forces they have developed over the years. Seems like you have a personal problem with IRGC.

When I say IRIAF should be merged with IRGC-AF it does not mean I am saying that because IRGC has Lockheed Martin graduates working for them. It's because they have a far far better track record of delivering on projects than IRIAF. Besides, it will tackle the noujeh coup fearing mullah problem too.
I yet to see anything from them in this regard. For god's sake even defence ministry have better percision guided weapon for drones

Still failed to answer a simple

I yet to see anything from them in this regard. For god's sake even defence ministry have better percision guided weapon for drones

You have something personal against IRGC. The people who can strike a single room some 3000 KM away are less capable according to you compared to those who were calling Azarrakhsh an F-18.

more like IRGC should appoint technical advisors/managers in every Artesh branch to get projects done. Today we have Kowsar, a 98 % domestically made airframe with avionics or combat suite of a 4.0 generation aircraft. Give this Project's command to IRGC-AF with the same IAIO/IEI companies and in 3-4 years you will see squadron after squadron coming out of F-20/YF-17 like airframe flying with AESA radar, shooting LR-BVR missiles. These people get things done. Even if they have managed to secure funds from leadership then it's their credit. And have they not produced results? I remember they asked for R&D money to improve precision of missiles for some 5 years and today we have a series of missiles with crazy accurate CEP.
It could be done but it must be done in a way that doesn't seem like the IRGC is encroaching on the Artesh's autonomy. People are naturally sensitive about their authority or personal space so it's better to work in a manner that breeds harmony, not discord.

You have something personal against IRGC. The people who can strike a single room some 3000 KM away are less capable according to you compared to those who were calling Azarrakhsh an F-18.
I also can easily claim you have something personal against army .
And which IRGC weapon can hit a single room 3000km away . I knew one defense ministry drone which can do that.

By the way that was Saeqeh not Azaraksh and yet IRGC with several time budget yet to produce an Azaraksh which is second generation aircraft let not talk about one with 4th generation avionic like kowsar and you want hand over iriaf to IRGC which have shown zero interest in airforce and their interest is only limited to a bomb dropping machine

Last edited:
It could be done but it must be done in a way that doesn't seem like the IRGC is encroaching on the Artesh's autonomy. People are naturally sensitive about their authority or personal space so it's better to work in a manner that breeds harmony, not discord.
@drmeson failed to answer my simple question . As you seems to support his ideas wonder if you can answer that question ?

@drmeson failed to answer my simple question . As you seems to support his ideas wonder if you can answer that question ?
If I do, you must promise not to attack me or get personal, OK? I'm just giving you an educated and unbiased guess.

My belief is that most of the funds that IRGC-AF gets are routed into missile development, air defence and UAVs at present in tune with their asymmetric warfare doctrines spanning Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Yemen. Their strategy is more about creating and proliferating relatively cost effective and easier to operate platforms which paramilitaries can use and coordinating with them rather than pouring money into building manned platforms with offensive capabilities.

IRGC-AF's manned aerial operations are mostly seen in air transport.

If I do, you must promise not to attack me or get personal, OK? I'm just giving you an educated and unbiased guess.

My belief is that most of the funds that IRGC-AF gets are routed into missile development, air defence and UAVs at present in tune with their asymmetric warfare doctrines spanning Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Yemen. Their strategy is more about creating and proliferating relatively cost effective and easier to operate platforms which paramilitaries can use and coordinating with them rather than pouring money into building manned platforms with offensive capabilities.

IRGC-AF's manned aerial operations are mostly seen in air transport.
Well you say what i say . IRGC is not interested in using airplanes as a defensive weapon . Against other airplanes. They are interested in case and transport .

Well you say what i say . IRGC is not interested in using airplanes as a defensive weapon . Against other airplanes. They are interested in case and transport .
I mean as long as the theaters of war in the middle east they still operate in are under rules of asymmetric engagement, you won't see them investing into platforms with traditional aerial roles. Although maybe they might build AWACS because that has a lot of potential, especially now that the Simorgh has been launched.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom