What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

That's your personal opinion, but my personal opinion is that it's wrong to compare 3 Kowsar fighters with 200 Su35s.

I could've agreed with you if they had delivered 30 Kowsar jet fighters. Even if we knew for a fact that they had upgraded all of our existing F5's to a new platform, I would've understood why this is news worthy. But I can't see how the delivery of 3 Kowsar fighters after a year, that even the IRIAF admits it is based on F5, changes anything for us.

At this pace, it will take 10 years to deliver 30 Kowsar fighters. Imagine flying jet fighters looking like F5 in 2030. :|
It changes because whole industry is required to advance and take part in such project,10-15 yrs all Chinese air force was based on Mig-19/21/23 derivates + some imported SU-27,their only BVR missile was R-27 while Iran had 30 yrs experience with ARH phoenix,SARH AIM-7...R-27...now look where China is ...they produced MIG 19/21 knock offs till 10-15 years

Northop markings dont mean anything,Iran produce kornets and Tows under original marks,it can be just way to awoid issues they had with Bell over licensing...even it has sence to include existing F-5 in Kowsar program,just Northrop markings doesnt have to mean it is not newly built...you may find bunch of Iranian made weapons with original markings...they also very often take serials from destroyed or heavily damaged aircrafts and put it on new one...it makes sence,I remeber US navy capture smuggled Kornets and TOWs produced in Iran but with original markings,also saw on chopers...Maybe it is existing example modernized but even if they put original markings on new examples it wouldnt be anything new

Your whole point is long and invalid as Iran like China is not a signatory to the UN law regarding IP protection. That is why you are able to see fake clothes using international famous brand logos without fear of legal action in Iran.

That is why neither Russia nor US has been successful in tackling China stealing of their IP. For arms deals it got so bad that Russia refused to supply China SU-35 fighter jets because they kept reverse engineering Russian tech with token arms deals. This started pissing off the Russians and their next deal their was a promise from China regarding the copying of Russian tech.

So no Bell nor Northrop can’t do anything to Iran since Iran is not a signatory to the UN international IP protection pact.

They could file a grievance at the Hauge, but again their is no contract between two parties and Iran is under no IP protection obligation. Furthermore, Iran defense can claim that their similarities are merely superficial and that the interior and sub systems are Iranian made and substantially different.

Your whole point is long and invalid as Iran like China is not a signatory to the UN law regarding IP protection. That is why you are able to see fake clothes using international famous brand logos without fear of legal action in Iran.

That is why neither Russia nor US has been successful in tackling China stealing of their IP. For arms deals it got so bad that Russia refused to supply China SU-35 fighter jets because they kept reverse engineering Russian tech with token arms deals. This started pissing off the Russians and their next deal their was a promise from China regarding the copying of Russian tech.

So no Bell nor Northrop can’t do anything to Iran since Iran is not a signatory to the UN international IP protection pact.

They could file a grievance at the Hauge, but again their is no contract between two parties and Iran is under no IP protection obligation. Furthermore, Iran defense can claim that their similarities are merely superficial and that the interior and sub systems are Iranian made and substantially different.

Bell actually tried to file a suit back in 96(?) I think. It actually resulted in them compensating Iran due to contract violations.

Western arms are free real estate for Iran.

Bell actually tried to file a suit back in 96(?) I think. It actually resulted in them compensating Iran due to contract violations.

Northrop also objected azarakhsh.

Northrop also objected azarakhsh.

And what happened? Not a damn thing. It’s hard to pursue IP stealing when the country is not a signer to the pact. I mean open your eyes and look at China guys they been stealing high level IP both in military and commercial for decades.

Best scenario would be arms dealer suing in US courts in order to get favorable outcome but Iran has no assets to steal anymore after giving it away to so called “terror” victims.

Or deal about those helicopter is more like permission to build them so it's useless pursuing iran for doing anything with that design . they sold us the right to do so.

why then 2 aircraft with Russian ejection seats and 1 with u Martin Baker?
tFWa3VB.jpg

why is it written Northrop?
TpUJdSt.jpg

why the "Kowsar" with Martin Baker has the 20mm cannon, one of the 2 "Kowsar" with Russian ejection seats has the 20mm cannon and the other doesn't ?
icgCnd4.jpg

Thanks for the reply

upload_2020-6-28_13-28-44.png

You haven't noticed the larger radome!? o_O
my answer was because I thought you were referring to the 20mm cannons and there was still that red arrow indicating the other side.
However, yes, the radome seems larger, perhaps a larger radar system and therefore they had to eliminate the 20mm

Not necessarily. Most likely they realize that the F-5 is a decent but outdated model. They're most likely using the F-5/Kowsar program as as way of supplementing Iran's airforce. That's all.

If this is true, then it means the airforce has given up on the Kowsar as a viable option. Basically the 3 they received they then in turn transferred to aero team. Again if what you said is true (a big IF) then that points to the project being dead. Until the next generation rolls along and we repeat this cycle all over again

Makes sense. I said time and time again Kowsar was useless for the airforce outside of an advanced trainer role.

Why does acrojet team need new planes?

Iranian airforce decision making is all over the place. They are the least competent Branch after Army. But as least Army has shown off Karrar and new MRAPs. Airforce is still parading around their achievement from 15 years ago.

An aerobatic acrojet team doesn't need new Fighters or even fighters equipped with radars, weapons systems,..... or even a gun! Most arojet teams will even remove such equipment to increase performance....
So a Kowsar specifically built for Aerobatics should not only cost at least 40% less but should also take far less time to produce. However since the production of various part and components have not yet reached an ideal level building new jets specifically for aerobatics currently doesn't make sense

So my personal assessment would be that they will likely paint the Fighters blue during the 2nd phase of post production flight test then after it passes a sufficient amount of flight hours and all he little glitches are taken care of only then they will repaint it and add it to the fleet...

Note that this was also the process the Saegheh went through so I would guess even fully overhauled F-5 would likely follow the same process.... So until we increase production, building specifically for aerobatics is not ideal

Back
Top Bottom