What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

تا حالا چن بار اف پنج ها همین جور شده
بک بار هشت تا تحویل دادند

تنها فرقش که اینها رو متمایز میکنه اینه که خامنه ای برای اولین باز گفت در تولید هواپیما کاملا خودکفا شدیم
این حرف رو در مورد اذرخش و صاعقه نزد

معمولا وقتی خودشو وارد قضایا میکنه جدی تره
نمونه دیگش موتور دریایی پنج هزار اسب بخار و ساخت جمکران بود

شاید یادت نیاد ولی جمکران هم خیلییییی طول کشید والا داره میشه سبلان و دنا‌‌

من ادم ولایی و اینا نیستم ولی بر اساس تاریخچه حرفاش میگم

Sahureka's photo showing the Northrop label on the ejection seat looks very convincing that at least one of the F5s is not entirely indigenous, nor new.

Jamaran was indeed a huge achievement at the time. I don't think it's fair to compare that with this. As someone said a long time ago May God save us from SAIPA Pride and F5.

Sahureka's photo showing the Northrop label on the ejection seat looks very convincing that at least one of the F5s is not entirely indigenous, nor new.

Jamaran was indeed a huge achievement at the time. I don't think it's fair to compare that with this. As someone said a long time ago May God save us from SAIPA Pride and F5.

Correct. However it will not upset me since they are easy to make and not the bottleneck. They could make those easily but they preferred to use some inexpensive readily available second hand part to cut the price.

why then 2 aircraft with Russian ejection seats and 1 with u Martin Baker?
tFWa3VB.jpg

why is it written Northrop?
TpUJdSt.jpg

why the "Kowsar" with Martin Baker has the 20mm cannon, one of the 2 "Kowsar" with Russian ejection seats has the 20mm cannon and the other doesn't ?
icgCnd4.jpg

Thanks for the reply
Just one little correction the "russian" ejection seat is likely an iranian designed and built one
It clearly has the same sort of telescoping horizontal stabilizer drogue chutes as the russian seats.
maxresdefault.jpg

Nonetheless you do raise a very interesting point......

تا حالا چن بار اف پنج ها همین جور شده
بک بار هشت تا تحویل دادند

تنها فرقش که اینها رو متمایز میکنه اینه که خامنه ای برای اولین باز گفت در تولید هواپیما کاملا خودکفا شدیم
این حرف رو در مورد اذرخش و صاعقه نزد

معمولا وقتی خودشو وارد قضایا میکنه جدی تره
نمونه دیگش موتور دریایی پنج هزار اسب بخار و ساخت جماران بود

شاید یادت نیاد ولی جمکران هم خیلییییی طول کشید والا داره میشه سبلان و دنا‌‌

من ادم ولایی و اینا نیستم ولی بر اساس تاریخچه حرفاش میگم
dadash bikhial. niru havayi ma be darde laye jerze divar ham nemikhore. hade aksaresh ine ke joloye chandta ghachagchi ro negar dare sare marz ha. be nazaram bishtar roo padafande havayi bayad tamarkoz she.
har havapeymayi ke ma besazim (3ta bad az 1 sal unam copy shode technology 1960) amrica 3000tasho misaze hezar barabar behtar va bishtar.

Well, the good part is that we new or renew fighters, our pilot can fill intended flight time ...

I think there wasn't massive investment in this field except some small R&D project in this field for future use.

Maybe there are some sorts of promise to buy new fighters from China or Russia ...
If the Arm Embargo continue or Russia and China refuse to sell fighters with fair term for us, then probably we will combine all knowledge we gained through past years and start serious fighter jet program to at least build something in JF-17...

Well, the good part is that we new or renew fighters, our pilot can fill intended flight time ...

I think there wasn't massive investment in this field except some small R&D project in this field for future use.

Maybe there are some sorts of promise to buy new fighters from China or Russia ...
If the Arm Embargo continue or Russia and China refuse to sell fighters with fair term for us, then probably we will combine all knowledge we gained through past years and start serious fighter jet program to at least build something in JF-17...
be hamin sadegiya nist dadash. unayi ke budget ro daryaft mikonan 50% ro toye jibeshun mizaran bad az akhar ham hichi az prozhe khabari nist.

Just one little correction the "russian" ejection seat is likely an iranian designed and built one
It clearly has the same sort of telescoping horizontal stabilizer drogue chutes as the russian seats.
maxresdefault.jpg

Nonetheless you do raise a very interesting point......

yes, of course, I meant Russian model, it is certainly possible that they can be made in Iran

Believe it or not, none of them were new, unless they were not the very first batch of three planes. I am not sure whether this is a sign of Air Force stupidity, or they just want to keep a kind of secrecy. All three planes had been already shown to public last year and two years ago. You can easily notice that by comparing the nose of the three demonstrated planes. Some with the gun, and some without it. Interestingly, one of them shown today had inherited its ejection seats from an old RF-5s!
Literally, these officials are crazy!

View attachment 644749

View attachment 644762
View attachment 644766
Without cannons there is more room for much powerful radar and avionics. I really hope that's the case.

There's some news about a turbofan engine. I know this much that several prototypes were built most of them failed and a few of newer ones are showing promising results. It might take several months to just test it. Maybe a year or so from fully operational one? Some of these people I met were really positive about it.

There's some news about a turbofan engine. I know this much that several prototypes were built most of them failed and a few of newer ones are showing promising results. It might take several months to just test it. Maybe a year or so from fully operational one? Some of these people I met were really positive about it.
first of all, welcome bro.
do you have any information about the new engines weight and max output thrust??

Thanks. Unfortunately it was a short conversation. I forgot to ask.

Any idea what class of engine it is?

I remember Iran had a poster for what they deemed as “J-89” or something along those lines which was to be the successor to J-85 owj engine. Some suspected it was a J-85 with afterburner capability.

Anyway it is well known that Iran has been working on heavier Jet engines at least since 2010.

The issue besides building the engine, is the construction of the blades of the turbo fan and the software controlling the timing as well as the life span of such an engine before replacement.

Furthermore, the amount of maintenance needed per sortie or per X sorties completed. Getting all these factors to optimal state is what makes jet engines some of the most difficult things to build.

Any idea what class of engine it is?

I remember Iran had a poster for what they deemed as “J-89” or something along those lines which was to be the successor to J-85 owj engine. Some suspected it was a J-85 with afterburner capability.

Anyway it is well known that Iran has been working on heavier Jet engines at least since 2010.

The issue besides building the engine, is the construction of the blades of the turbo fan and the software controlling the timing as well as the life span of such an engine before replacement.

Furthermore, the amount of maintenance needed per sortie or per X sorties completed. Getting all these factors to optimal state is what makes jet engines some of the most difficult things to build.
It's medium weight. I don't have more information but the way they talked about it was like it's gonna solve most of the problems.

It's medium weight. I don't have more information but the way they talked about it was like it's gonna solve most of the problems.
So it's most likely in the class of the RD33. That's some good news as it means that Iran will be able to develop it's own medium weight aircraft around 2 of those engines. Something similar to the F18 is very well possible especially after all the research in the F5 design and improving and enlarging it.

So, basically you expect me to overlook what I see by my own eyes, and believe what you say just because you think you are right!
Northop markings dont mean anything,Iran produce kornets and Tows under original marks,it can be just way to awoid issues they had with Bell over licensing...even it has sence to include existing F-5 in Kowsar program,just Northrop markings doesnt have to mean it is not newly built...you may find bunch of Iranian made weapons with original markings...they also very often take serials from destroyed or heavily damaged aircrafts and put it on new one...it makes sence,I remeber US navy capture smuggled Kornets and TOWs produced in Iran but with original markings,also saw on chopers...Maybe it is existing example modernized but even if they put original markings on new examples it wouldnt be anything new

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom