What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

The model 3-7400. The other two are newly built.

Believe it or not, none of them were new, unless they were not the very first batch of three planes. I am not sure whether this is a sign of Air Force stupidity, or they just want to keep a kind of secrecy. All three planes had been already shown to public last year and two years ago. You can easily notice that by comparing the nose of the three demonstrated planes. Some with the gun, and some without it. Interestingly, one of them shown today had inherited its ejection seats from an old RF-5s!
Literally, these officials are crazy!

74D1B56D-FB38-40DF-8475-ED9C980FD54F.jpeg

01B36A75-FA39-4D98-AE3E-D9F82372C128.jpeg

DA63D546-C34A-49D4-8822-837701EA1924.jpeg

Believe it or not, none of them were new, unless they were not the very first batch of three planes. I am not sure whether this is a sign of Air Force stupidity, or they just want to keep a kind of secrecy. All three planes had been already shown to public last year and two years ago. You can easily notice that by comparing the nose of the three demonstrated planes. Some with the gun, and some without it. Interestingly, one of them shown today had inherited its ejection seats from an old RF-5s!
Literally, these officials are crazy!

View attachment 644749

View attachment 644762
View attachment 644766

If this is true, then it means the airforce has given up on the Kowsar as a viable option. Basically the 3 they received they then in turn transferred to aero team. Again if what you said is true (a big IF) then that points to the project being dead. Until the next generation rolls along and we repeat this cycle all over again

Makes sense. I said time and time again Kowsar was useless for the airforce outside of an advanced trainer role.

Strange, they had a whole production line running with at least 7 kowsars being worked on. I guess it's the same with the karrar tank which we also saw a production line up and running and then... silence..

The defense minister said all 3 of them are newly manufactured. And i dont expect anything from self claimed Professional who thinks he knows more than Iranian defense minister.

I don't understand why we are discussing and fighting over something that is so not news worthy.

Delivery of three fully indigenous fighter is worth more than buying 200 Su 35, I think.
That's your personal opinion, but my personal opinion is that it's wrong to compare 3 Kowsar fighters with 200 Su35s.

I could've agreed with you if they had delivered 30 Kowsar jet fighters. Even if we knew for a fact that they had upgraded all of our existing F5's to a new platform, I would've understood why this is news worthy. But I can't see how the delivery of 3 Kowsar fighters after a year, that even the IRIAF admits it is based on F5, changes anything for us.

At this pace, it will take 10 years to deliver 30 Kowsar fighters. Imagine flying jet fighters looking like F5 in 2030. :|

The defense minister said all 3 of them are newly manufactured. And i dont expect anything from self claimed Professional who thinks he knows more than Iranian defense minister.

why then 2 aircraft with Russian ejection seats and 1 with u Martin Baker?
tFWa3VB.jpg

why is it written Northrop?
TpUJdSt.jpg

why the "Kowsar" with Martin Baker has the 20mm cannon, one of the 2 "Kowsar" with Russian ejection seats has the 20mm cannon and the other doesn't ?
icgCnd4.jpg

Thanks for the reply

That's your personal opinion, but my personal opinion is that it's wrong to compare 3 Kowsar fighters with 200 Su35s.

I could've agreed with you if they had delivered 30 Kowsar jet fighters. Even if we knew for a fact that they had upgraded all of our existing F5's to a new platform, I would've understood why this is news worthy. But I can't see how the delivery of 3 Kowsar fighters after a year, that even the IRIAF admits it is based on F5, changes anything for us.

At this pace, it will take 10 years to deliver 30 Kowsar fighters. Imagine flying jet fighters looking like F5 in 2030. :|

تا حالا چن بار اف پنج ها همین جور شده
بک بار هشت تا تحویل دادند

تنها فرقش که اینها رو متمایز میکنه اینه که خامنه ای برای اولین باز گفت در تولید هواپیما کاملا خودکفا شدیم
این حرف رو در مورد اذرخش و صاعقه نزد

معمولا وقتی خودشو وارد قضایا میکنه جدی تره
نمونه دیگش موتور دریایی پنج هزار اسب بخار و ساخت جماران بود

شاید یادت نیاد ولی جمکران هم خیلییییی طول کشید والا داره میشه سبلان و دنا‌‌

من ادم ولایی و اینا نیستم ولی بر اساس تاریخچه حرفاش میگم

Last edited:
why then 2 aircraft with Russian ejection seats and 1 with u Martin Baker?
tFWa3VB.jpg

why is it written Northrop?
TpUJdSt.jpg

why the "Kowsar" with Martin Baker has the 20mm cannon, one of the 2 "Kowsar" with Russian ejection seats has the 20mm cannon and the other doesn't ?
icgCnd4.jpg

Thanks for the reply
Good points sir. I didnt see them. The minister also said that these fighter jets are Iranian made by 70%. Maybe they have used the usable spare parts of old F5s or other jets and used them in these new platforms. Engines are new, no doubt. But other aparts by 30% are Foreign made and /or old parts of scrapped fighters.

Btw, nicely put. Thank you for information

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom