What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Dual seats really necessary? WSOs are kinda redundant, especially for air-to-air fighters. Might as well just have the extra fuel.

It’s basically an advanced trainer.

Even with extra fuel the F-5 is just not a far reaching platform.

Raghfarm007 published in another discussion the news the realization in Iran of the flight simulator of the Ilyushin Il-76,
https://www.aparat.com/v/1ahc6/ساخت_سامانه_شبیه‌ساز_پروازی_هواپیمای_ایلیوشین_برای_اولین_بار_در

but it seems that the Iranians have created two simulators for the IL-76, the first one in the foreground video dedicated to the driver's cabin, the second I found it in this screenshot it seems dedicated to that part of the window which is therefore considered important for its dual use.

dJdkFBk.png

Raghfarm007 published in another discussion the news the realization in Iran of the flight simulator of the Ilyushin Il-76,
https://www.aparat.com/v/1ahc6/ساخت_سامانه_شبیه‌ساز_پروازی_هواپیمای_ایلیوشین_برای_اولین_بار_در

but it seems that the Iranians have created two simulators for the IL-76, the first one in the foreground video dedicated to the driver's cabin, the second I found it in this screenshot it seems dedicated to that part of the window which is therefore considered important for its dual use.

dJdkFBk.png
Impressive!!
The achievements just keep coming.
1399041614362291620733154.jpg

139904161436237220733154.jpg

1399041614362332220733154.jpg

1399041614362515020733154.jpg

1399041614362240020733154.jpg

How many other nations in the region build flight simulators?

what is the story of this plane .. anyone .. I know the basic , but detail please..

1513169.jpg

Iran Begins Development of Heavy Fighter Jet

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – An Iranian commander said the Air Force has started to develop a heavy fighter jet after its success in manufacturing the Kowsar warplane.
In an interview with Tasnim, Iranian Air Force Deputy Commander Brigadier General Hamid Vahedi said the process of manufacturing a homegrown heavy fighter jet has begun.

He said local experts came up with the idea of manufacturing a heavy fighter jet after the successful production of Kowsar, an Iranian jet with indigenized avionics and homegrown engines that, contrary to claims raised by critics, has nothing to do with the F-5 fighter aircraft.

The general also pointed to military projects to upgrade the radar capabilities of the Air Force’s planes, saying good progress has been made in this field.

Iran has also achieved great success in increasing the stealth capabilities of various types of aircraft, Brigadier General Vahedi said, noting that the new achievements will be unveiled after final tests.

The commander highlighted Iran’s progress in developing air-launched standoff missiles, saying local experts have extended the range of Sidewinder air-to-air missile, which is mounted on the F-5 jet, from 5 miles to 12 miles.

This enhanced range would be very effective in aerial combats, he added.

The general further pointed to the breakthrough that Iran has made in the drone industry, saying the homegrown Karrar pilotless aircraft has successfully dropped a 500-pound bomb which is going to become a weapon with pinpoint accuracy.

The Air Force has also furnished the Ababil-3 drones with rockets, Vahedi said, adding that programs are underway to equip the Ababil and Kaman UAVs with Qaem-1 and Qaem-5 smart bombs.

Iran has in recent years made great headways in manufacturing a broad range of military equipment, including air defense systems that use cutting-edge technologies.

Tehran has repeatedly stressed that its military might is defensive in nature and poses no threat to other countries.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/07/22/2312404/iran-begins-development-of-heavy-fighter-jet

Iran Begins Development of Heavy Fighter Jet

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – An Iranian commander said the Air Force has started to develop a heavy fighter jet after its success in manufacturing the Kowsar warplane.
In an interview with Tasnim, Iranian Air Force Deputy Commander Brigadier General Hamid Vahedi said the process of manufacturing a homegrown heavy fighter jet has begun.

He said local experts came up with the idea of manufacturing a heavy fighter jet after the successful production of Kowsar, an Iranian jet with indigenized avionics and homegrown engines that, contrary to claims raised by critics, has nothing to do with the F-5 fighter aircraft.

The general also pointed to military projects to upgrade the radar capabilities of the Air Force’s planes, saying good progress has been made in this field.

Iran has also achieved great success in increasing the stealth capabilities of various types of aircraft, Brigadier General Vahedi said, noting that the new achievements will be unveiled after final tests.

The commander highlighted Iran’s progress in developing air-launched standoff missiles, saying local experts have extended the range of Sidewinder air-to-air missile, which is mounted on the F-5 jet, from 5 miles to 12 miles.

This enhanced range would be very effective in aerial combats, he added.

The general further pointed to the breakthrough that Iran has made in the drone industry, saying the homegrown Karrar pilotless aircraft has successfully dropped a 500-pound bomb which is going to become a weapon with pinpoint accuracy.

The Air Force has also furnished the Ababil-3 drones with rockets, Vahedi said, adding that programs are underway to equip the Ababil and Kaman UAVs with Qaem-1 and Qaem-5 smart bombs.

Iran has in recent years made great headways in manufacturing a broad range of military equipment, including air defense systems that use cutting-edge technologies.

Tehran has repeatedly stressed that its military might is defensive in nature and poses no threat to other countries.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2020/07/22/2312404/iran-begins-development-of-heavy-fighter-jet

I wonder what this means as the term “development” has so many meanings by Iranian military.

I know at least a few years ago Iran announced working on heavy fighter jet engines for heavy fighter jet. So this news is mostly recycled.

I wonder what stage of the R&D they are at today.

Upgraded IRGC Helicopters.

1399043014332871120803444.jpg

139904301433295520803444.jpg

I wonder what this means as the term “development” has so many meanings by Iranian military.

I know at least a few years ago Iran announced working on heavy fighter jet engines for heavy fighter jet. So this news is mostly recycled.

I wonder what stage of the R&D they are at today.
Well, A decade ago IRAF talked about arming our F1 fleet, today still they have the same plan for future!

So it doesn't really matter in which state they are.

Assuming they were/are perusing such a project vigorously, I assume the conceptual design and small scale wind-model tests have already been completed, thus by the development they could mean going after manufacturing the main systems now. If we manage to produce a 1:1 scale system in next 5 years (a very huge if), then it should take around another 10 years after that for the fighter jet to enter production it is passes the necessary tests. This is assuming they are given the necessary budget and things go smoothly. If this is a true Iranian design, then it is a herculean task and the time frame I gave above is kind estimation. The Chinese with their much larger defence budget and experience still had their J-20 go through 10 years of testing and it has still not entered full mass production. My personal hope is that this heavy fighter jet project is a true Iranian design and of the stealth platform nature.

I feel manned fighter jets will start to reach their limits around the time of 6th generation systems, thus as much as I love to see a 5th generation Iranian jet, my main focus is on the UCAV systems as I am of the opinion those will make up the core of a 6th generation airforce.

Assuming they were/are perusing such a project vigorously, I assume the conceptual design and small scale wind-model tests have already been completed, thus by the development they could mean going after manufacturing the main systems now. If we manage to produce a 1:1 scale system in next 5 years (a very huge if), then it should take around another 10 years after that for the fighter jet to enter production it is passes the necessary tests. This is assuming they are given the necessary budget and things go smoothly. If this is a true Iranian design, then it is a herculean task and the time frame I gave above is kind estimation. The Chinese with their much larger defence budget and experience still had their J-20 go through 10 years of testing and it has still not entered full mass production. My personal hope is that this heavy fighter jet project is a true Iranian design and of the stealth platform nature.

I feel manned fighter jets will start to reach their limits around the time of 6th generation systems, thus as much as I love to see a 5th generation Iranian jet, my main focus is on the UCAV systems as I am of the opinion those will make up the core of a 6th generation airforce.

And the Chinese still have big problems with engines designed and built by them for their fighter planes.

Engines are certainly the biggest obstacles, however, like China Iran can go for interim engines until it has reached the stage where it can produce its own. A country would not withhold a project and wait all its subsystems can be produced by it before starting the project. This is especially true given fighter jets nowadays can accommodate a various type of engines and you are not required to build around the engine. The fact that Iran is now openly talking about such an aircraft shows they feel confident they have mastered most of the needed technology.

Back
Top Bottom