What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Saeghe 2, armed:
image.jpg

@rmi5
OK, you can get away for now.

Is it just me , or this plane looks bit similar to some fighter ?
It's not a new plane. It's a modification or reverse engineered F-5 with a bit of F-18 influence in the tail section, still a good job.
I just don't understand what was the need to make it twin-engined or give it two tail-fins. It was fine before that. Or maybe they wanted it to look like F-18 hornet?

your you dumb Azerbaijani air force over Pakistani....you must be high

Bro, no matter what is the current situation for Iran, they are still very hard working country on their own, so they deserve the credits for this factor alone.

BTW, it is not easy to work on your indigenous military industrial complex when you got full of sanctions.

China has also experienced this painful moment back in several decades ago.

However, when you have fully caught by your own, you will be proven to be a more competitive country.

The western sanctions will only make Iran stronger if they can manage to survive, just like they have done to China before.

Last edited:
its a shame to see the current shape of the Iranian air force

Dude, you do not know what you are talking about. Iranian air force has been BVR capable since 1960's and nowadays manufactures its own BVR missiles. Compare it for instance to Pakistan that only got its first BVR capability in 2008, and this capability only became operationalized in 2010. Pakistan still can not manufacture its own BVR missiles. Give credit where it is due.

It's not a new plane. It's a modification or reverse engineered F-5 with a bit of F-18 influence in the tail section, still a good job.
I just don't understand what was the need to make it twin-engined or give it two tail-fins. It was fine before that. Or maybe they wanted it to look like F-18 hornet?

yeah but which engine they are using ?? that is most important part and hard to make ...

It obviously has very limited combat capabilities. But they are doing that under very hard conditions. Sanctions, Cyber attacks, assassination of scientists and more. However, more could have been done IMO.
Well, at least their 'trainers' have jet turbines rather than ours having... ehmm.. I can't even say it >.>

Congrats !!!

Do Iran manufacture engines local or they are imported?
the following engines are produced locally :

J85 , J79 , G90/J90 (iranian design) , TF-30 (partially - overhaul capability)

=================================

This is a trainer fighter jet for 4th & 5th gen. fighters while being also used for CAS and point air defence .

it features Multiple Function Displays (MDF) and it can incorporate ECM and ECCM pods as well @kollang

it has no BVR capability but it can sure be a credible threat from dogfights to Medium-range engagements due to 1- Low RCS because of its small size 2- High maneuvering capabilities due to design and upgraded J85 engines

the previous version of Saghe incorporated the radar of Mig-29 fighter jet , we are still awaiting on more info regarding this one .

It obviously has very limited combat capabilities
how is it obvious my friend ? can u give us some details on what you mean ?

This is not the subject discussion. Its a plane that Iran invented. Build bridges and you make friends. Argue with a troll and you sink into the same gutter they came from.
i agree , don't engage in trolling of others @SOHEIL . just report them and let the staff take care of them .

Dude, you do not know what you are talking about. Iranian air force has been BVR capable since 1960's and nowadays manufactures its own BVR missiles.
I take it you are talking about Phoenix. That missile is indeed BVR. But it was made to counter Bombers carrying nukes in cold war. It was very ineffective against fighters of past, forget targeting them today, I believe Iran is manufacturing some version of Phoenix? As far as i know it cannot be used in any plane other than F14, it was made to be used by a very specific radar. Granted the IAF in 60's was indeed very capable, but soon after the revolution there was a purge in military and a lot of very skilled pilots were lost.

I take it you are talking about Phoenix. That missile is indeed BVR. But it was made to counter Bombers carrying nukes in cold war. It was very ineffective against fighters of past, forget targeting them today, I believe Iran is manufacturing some version of Phoenix? As far as i know it cannot be used in any plane other than F14, it was made to be used by a very specific radar. Granted the IAF in 60's was indeed very capable, but soon after the revolution there was a purge in military and a lot of very skilled pilots were lost.

You are just a troll. You know nothing and will remain incapable of learning in future as well. Phoenix AIM-54 was designed and built to counter all threats from cruise missiles to fighters to bombers to tankers. Its primary mission was to counter fighters and other threats approaching the US Navy aircraft carrier. It is one of the most capable very long range BVR missiles in the world.

Beside the AIM-54, Iran also has been maintaining a stockpile of AIM-7 (both are now reverse engineered). In addition to these Iran also operates Vympel R-27 as well as Sedjil (a local air to air copy of MIM-23).

And more are in the line.

Back
Top Bottom