What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

You are just a troll.
Questioning the Phoenix makes me a troll? very well then, happy to be one.

You know nothing and will remain incapable of learning in future as well. Phoenix AIM-54 was designed and built to counter all threats from cruise missiles to fighters to bombers to tankers.
Read about it from actual sites rather than wikipedia. It was made to counter slow moving bombers and yes cruise missiles, but NOT fighters, it was simply not maneouverable enough. Some modifications were made to it in 90's by USA to give it some effectiveness vs fighters, but with questionable results. Even so Iran did not get that upgrade from USA since it was post-revolution.
It is one of the most capable very long range BVR missiles in the world.
Wrong. It has been used a few times and failed to get a single kill. In 30 years of use, it has been unable to secure a single kill. Iran claims to have shot some planes with it but that, like other claims by Iran, is questionable. Iran used F14's as a poor man's AWACs in the Iran-Iraq war rather than as a fighter due to its powerful radar.

It's not a new plane. It's a modification or reverse engineered F-5 with a bit of F-18 influence in the tail section, still a good job.
I just don't understand what was the need to make it twin-engined or give it two tail-fins. It was fine before that. Or maybe they wanted it to look like F-18 hornet?
Stability during high angle of attack maneuver. It is also canted which means it will still maintain its contact with undistorted air at high AOA
What's the Difference Between a Single Tail and Double Tail Design on a Fighter Jet? - Quora

:whistle: :bunny:
Great looking plane,congratz. :tup:
Even with the embargo,iran seems to do great achievements...

PressTV-Iran unveils supersonic fighter jet

38163901f485.jpg

6408ffa703a7.jpg

saegeh5.jpg

saegeh6_0.jpg

saegeh2.jpg

q5LAbPT.jpg

That's a cheap propaganda made by Press TV (an offical TV funded by the Iranian government). They do that regularly so please don't take them seriously.

Take care.

It's not a new plane. It's a modification or reverse engineered F-5 with a bit of F-18 influence in the tail section, still a good job.
I just don't understand what was the need to make it twin-engined or give it two tail-fins. It was fine before that. Or maybe they wanted it to look like F-18 hornet?
well it's based on f-5 which had 2 engine to begin with . about two tail well , I believe some people are trying to master designing a fighter air frame and no way is better than start by making change to a proven airframe.

at the end honestly I believe that Saeqhe I & II is not a new airplane program but an upgrade and Overhaul program for Iranian fleet of F-5

I take it you are talking about Phoenix. That missile is indeed BVR. But it was made to counter Bombers carrying nukes in cold war. It was very ineffective against fighters of past, forget targeting them today, I believe Iran is manufacturing some version of Phoenix? As far as i know it cannot be used in any plane other than F14, it was made to be used by a very specific radar. Granted the IAF in 60's was indeed very capable, but soon after the revolution there was a purge in military and a lot of very skilled pilots were lost.

well Phoenix have Itself proven by destroying some Iraqi Mig-25 and the fact that in the first war between allied force and Iraq t was enough for US F-14 to turn their radar on for the sky to become clear

Agha! Man in aksa ro ghablan ham dididam, hey rang mikonand mian migan jangande sakhtim, agha ya harf nazanid ya age mikhaye neshon bedin yek chizi neshon bedin dele maham khosh beshe. In tahrim ha keshvaro badbakht karde, key mikhaeed befahmid?

Although, I must say I'm enjoying the troll war between Iranian and Pakistani members. Especially @SquadronLeaderDin is a very funny dude with PhD in trolling from the Stanford University! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I been away for some times now? Are you for real?​
the perevious Saeqeh was based on F-5e this one is clearly based on F-5b

Masha'Allah, I'm very proud of Iran's achievements, they never stop coming!! God Bless Iran! no sanctions/war can stop them! Only moving forward!

Nice fighter, you know maybe we should start seeing it in Syria soon! :azn: use it to kill to those terrorists Insha'Allah

Keep them coming! :enjoy:

It really does not matter which fighter the Saeqeh is based on/copied from. What is really commendable is the Iranian efforts in trying to approach the problem of sanctions and finding a way to workaround it. Even China started by copying and modifying soviet jets. That experience of the Iranian engineers will be priceless in the next decade or two when they embark on actual designing and testing of fighters.
You have to start somewhere...even if it is just refurbishing engines, redesigning older aircrafts,locally manufacture spares or cannibalizing other aircrafts
A look at North Korean airforce is all it takes to understand what happens if a country is sanctioned for so long.
Atleast Iran is trying. Even though the Qaher-313 is wideley regarded as made for propaganda, I believe that too represents the aspirations and will of the Iranian people to learn,research and overcome challenges.
@haman10 @kollang @SOHEIL @JEskandari @Arminkh

even the last time nobody claimed Saeqeh is stealth 5th generation

Qaher 313, hamoon ke az moghava sakhtin, pas chi bood? Goftin stealthe lol

Dar morede hamin Saegheham koli harto poort kardin oon avalesh. Hala eshkali nadare, hadeaghal indafe ziad zaye bazi dar nayovordin.

Looks great :) congrats to our Iranian friends I hope one day Iran will make a new 4th generation fighter too ;)

What do you think...of course not. Pakistan and Iran are allies, I think we need more cooperation. Iran needs to consider the jf17:pakistan:
Nah man, they already have more than enough trainer aircrafts in their air force :)

Please share the aerobatic show of this plane (youtube) if any, I just want to see its maneuverability. If it is a trainer or light attack aircraft, so the competitor in the market will be T-50 Golden Eagle from South Korea. They use F-16 as air frame inspiration and get helped by Lockheed Martin.

Black_Eagles_T-50.jpg

T-50, Golden Eagle

Back
Top Bottom