What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

It seems rather odd to order 50 engines,ie the number you would need to reengine most of irans operational mig29 fleet,when you havent even yet built a single prototype of the azaraksh powered by an rd33 engine.

Maybe 50 Engines would be needed by someone who want to develop engines in this class but hadnt builded up any research or development line for this class in the past. So crack up these 50 engines and let the parts undergo lots of tests will help to move faster forward with an own reserch and development line for this class of engines.

Jamarat bomb

13970924000442_Test_PhotoN.jpg

13970924000439_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

13970924000435_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

9102774_969.jpg

9102790_785.jpg

9102789_469.jpg

9102794_570.jpg

9102799_537.jpg

9102801_517.jpg

591687_965.jpg

591686_905.jpg

591699_177.jpg

the Airshow China 2018, the brochure of a certain J-10CE - E for Export -

J-10CE can it be a solution for Iran?

There would be some irony in both Iran and Israel if Iran buys the J10CE. Israel for giving the Lavi technology to China which helped create the J10 services. Iran, for buying an aircraft that its "sworn" enemy created ... lol !!!!!

China won’t give Iran a model toy plane of J-10 let alone actually supply it with planes.

China is weak and will bow to US pressure. China has too much US pressure on it to go through with the geopolitical havoc of an major arms deal with Iran that benefits China very little.

China won’t give Iran a model toy plane of J-10 let alone actually supply it with planes.

China is weak and will bow to US pressure. China has too much US pressure on it to go through with the geopolitical havoc of an major arms deal with Iran that benefits China very little.

do not think that China is weak and will submit to the US, China continues its policy and Iranian oil is important for Beijing, China continues to buy Iranian oil despite US unilateral sanctions, rather it has expanded its presence replacing the French companies that withdrew from Iran.
Therefore, if China will supply combat aircraft to Iran, it will only be if there is a China-Iran agreement, if China does not sell airplanes or other armaments, it will only be that it wants to respect the provisions of the UN agreements until 2020.
Nothing detracts from the fact that they could already evaluate deliveries after 2020, also because to avoid paying in US dollars, they could make exchange agreements: Oil x Combat aircraft or other weapon systems or components.

Do you have any proof of this unsubstantiated lavi/ j-10 lineage?

Most Chinese here will laugh at you if you mention this here again.

There would be some irony in both Iran and Israel if Iran buys the J10CE. Israel for giving the Lavi technology to China which helped create the J10 services. Iran, for buying an aircraft that its "sworn" enemy created ... lol !!!!!

please don't mess with Mig-29 Hydraulics , it's one of the must advanced and complex in the world ,but yes if you change that you can reduce a lot from the airplanes weight ,but honestly first design a simple fly by wire then for F-5 or so and then try to tinker with Mig-29

MiG-29 has a complex mostly mechanical hydraulics systems and maybe one of the most complex which gave the Aircraft extreme maneuverability without fly by wire assistance and arguably the best maneuvering twin engine supersonic fighter in the world compared to it's thrust that's NOT equipped with a fly by wire system and without fear of loosing control due to high thrust to weight ratio of the aircraft cupelled with a complex enough hydraulics to support it that could even outmaneuver (NONE TVC) fly by wire assisted aircraft in it's class BUT at the end of the day it is far from a technologically advanced system compared to today even at Iran's level of tech! And as you pointed out it is oversized and overweight

And an advanced fly by wire system is one of the key components Iran needs to work on and is one of the key components missing in the MiG-29 and especially on a single piloted highly capable fighter platform you need to do all you can to reduce the flight management and energy management responsibilities of the pilot to allow them to better focus on their combat responsibilities and one of they key components needed to do that is a fly by wire system

A fly by wire system that has the right hardware in place will allow you to program in capabilities or add on additional equipment for additional capabilities in time whether you wanna give your fighter the capability to fly at low altitudes for long period's or add fully automated landing that will allow a fighter to land at a smaller strip or add TVC engines or program in different flight characteristics for different altitudes while your pilot inside the cockpit keeps the same flight dynamics or have preprogrammed complex maneuvers or an autopilot that can navigate it's way to a destination on your nav and tell you exactly how much fuel would be spent to get there so you know exactly what you can and can't do... or allow for faster automated air to air refueling or have an automated flight control that can take control if the pilot is nocked out, or preprogram limitation to prevent structural failures or atomically fix controls due to weight imbalance or make up for a damaged control,...

My point is the added capabilities of a fly by wire system is so great that it would be absurd for Iran not to tinker with the hydraulics of the MiG-29 simply because it used to be one of the best in the world decades ago.

do not think that China is weak and will submit to the US, China continues its policy and Iranian oil is important for Beijing, China continues to buy Iranian oil despite US unilateral sanctions, rather it has expanded its presence replacing the French companies that withdrew from Iran.
Therefore, if China will supply combat aircraft to Iran, it will only be if there is a China-Iran agreement, if China does not sell airplanes or other armaments, it will only be that it wants to respect the provisions of the UN agreements until 2020.
Nothing detracts from the fact that they could already evaluate deliveries after 2020, also because to avoid paying in US dollars, they could make exchange agreements: Oil x Combat aircraft or other weapon systems or components.

Does everyone live on the planet Mars?

The Arms embargo was only a recent restriction. Look at the last 20-30 years WHEN there was WAS NO arms embargo. What did Iran WANT? What did it END UP getting?

Russia and china repeatedly screwed over Iran.

So let’s stop acting like after 2020 they are going to grow some balls and stand up to USA.

Fact is neither Russia nor China wants a powerful Iran, hence why they approved SANCTIONS.

My point is the added capabilities of a fly by wire system is so great that it would be absurd for Iran not to tinker with the hydraulics of the MiG-29 simply because it used to be one of the best in the world decades ago.
my point is we must do everything step by step ,first simple design , then more advanced ones and then use that experience for something that can outmaneuver hydraulic of Mig-29 . here the keypoint is experience and I guess till know our experience with flyby wire is limited to Simorgh and probably Saeqeh UAV. and it's right that making something like Simorgh Stable need lots of calculation but at the end it's not designed for High maneuverability we must design a flyby wire for let say a target drone which is a lot more maneuverable and then go for a plane like F-5 after that we can produce a reliable fly by wire for Mig-29 and hopefully by that time we have our own design that made changing Mig-29 not necessary .

Does everyone live on the planet Mars?

The Arms embargo was only a recent restriction. Look at the last 20-30 years WHEN there was WAS NO arms embargo. What did Iran WANT? What did it END UP getting?

Russia and china repeatedly screwed over Iran.

So let’s stop acting like after 2020 they are going to grow some balls and stand up to USA.

Fact is neither Russia nor China wants a powerful Iran, hence why they approved SANCTIONS.
as I said it's more likely we can get F-35 from USA than J-31 from china or SU-35 from Russia and it's only after we produced something similar . but about older generation of Airplanes I really don't knew

my point is we must do everything step by step ,first simple design , then more advanced ones and then use that experience for something that can outmaneuver hydraulic of Mig-29 . here the keypoint is experience and I guess till know our experience with flyby wire is limited to Simorgh and probably Saeqeh UAV. and it's right that making something like Simorgh Stable need lots of calculation but at the end it's not designed for High maneuverability we must design a flyby wire for let say a target drone which is a lot more maneuverable and then go for a plane like F-5 after that we can produce a reliable fly by wire for Mig-29 and hopefully by that time we have our own design that made changing Mig-29 not necessary .

as I said it's more likely we can get F-35 from USA than J-31 from china or SU-35 from Russia and it's only after we produced something similar . but about older generation of Airplanes I really don't knew

I never said this should have been done overnight I said those are the various upgrades they should have worked on in the past 2 decades

Iran's already built a low end fly by wire system for at least one of it's Saegheh Fighters the various equipment that you need to build a fly by wire system is really not that complicated what's complicated and what takes time is the programing and upgrades to the programing so your flight control computer translates the pilot and sensor inputs into the right responses for the moving surfaces of your aircraft so a high end flight simulator for a MiG-29 will be closer to a fly by wire system than a UAV's or target drones flight controls.

In terms of hardware putting in the right hardware is well within it Iran's capabilities so what they should have done with the MiG-29's & F-4's in the past 5-10 years was added the hardware and a vast amount of sensors on a single MiG-29 and F-4 and had one of countries top pilots fly it over the past 5 years to gather vast amount of data as you routinely upgraded the programing so by now you would of had a production model with a minimum number sensors required to be installed on your MiG-29's & F-4's

Fact is in my opinion the R&D and development of any part or subsystem of an aircraft that is highly time consuming is something the Air Force it's self should have undertaken and NOT the MOD or MOD companies or private companies and once the air force had a finished product worth producing that's when they should of handed it off to the MOD so they can figure out who should built what!

in 2019 the film Top Gun 2 will be in the cinema
from the first images also leaked a Tomcat.
Luckily they did not scrape them all out of fear of the contraband of pieces in Iran.
Or .....
I ask if the photo could be the eightieth and last F-14 Tomcat not delivered to Iran, which had remained in the US ??

2zyg9xx.jpg

qovh1h.jpg

Luckily they did not scrape them all out of fear of the contraband of pieces in Iran.
Or .....
I ask if the photo could be the eightieth and last F-14 Tomcat not delivered to Iran, which had remained in the US ??

2zyg9xx.jpg

qovh1h.jpg
The could have asked Iran to lend them one!

Or .....

2zyg9xx.jpg

qovh1h.jpg
The could have asked Iran to lend them one!
It could be a mockup and the rest of the works can be generated by computer

Back
Top Bottom