What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

The wants and hopes of the iriaf are simply completely irrelevant at this point I`m afraid,first because for rouhani&co the military in general has a very low priority and the iriaf has traditionally had the lowest priority among the various branches of the iranian military,not to mention of course that the far bigger problem is that the un arms embargo is still in effect and will remain so until at least late 2020,again thanks to rouhani&co,so there is no real chance of buying or importing any new aircraft,perhaps apart from transport planes that is,but fighters would be out of the question for at least another 2+ years minimum sadly,so there you have it.

Yea. True.

Also, there appears to be a re-invigorated Zionist/American effort to econonimcally disable Iran in attempts to de-stabilize the regime.

Like I said, Iran is screwed.

Unfortunately.

A training F-4 jet of Iran's Air Force Wednesday crashed in southeastern Iran, a local official said.
http://www.irna.ir/en/News/82967784
n82967784-72431746.jpg

I doubt the J-20 will be available for export anytime soon if at all.

J-10A in the form of the FC-20 is available currently.

J-31 is being developed.

Chinese quality has reportedly improved.

Beggars can't be choosers. Surely a J-10A is better than a vintage F-4 or F-5.

Its 2018. What is the IRIAF hoping to do?

You are applying short term thinking to a long term area.

Fighters are chosen to serve for 15+ years. You want Iran to purchase an almost obsolete fighter (which by early 2020’s at the earliest) to replace a long obsolete fighter ?

And yes China will export J-20 and J-31 they have said before that they are willing to export 5th gen fighters. If Russia is willing to export their 5th gen then so will China.

Iran’s current state the tomcats can fly till 2030’s. But Iran’s other fighters will started being retired in 2025’s.

So logically if Iran can score a favorable deal with China for J-31 such as localized production of some sort or some ToT then it can make sense to go that option.

It would take a dramatic shift in a russia-Iran relations for Russia to agree to revamp Iran’s airforce. Geopolitically Russia would need another Ukraine type of event to wake that leadership up to NATO encroachment on Russian red lines.

Iran doesn’t need 20-30 fighters, it needs a complete overhaul. Iran knows this, but it’s not rushing because there is few options available. Iran’s military officials know this.

To those that say Iran doesn’t take its Air Force seriously, just google and you will find Iranian military attempts to procure advanced fighter engine technology. Problem is it’s not easy and unlike China, Iran’s cyber espionage is not as advanced or well funded.

Yea. True.

Also, there appears to be a re-invigorated Zionist/American effort to econonimcally disable Iran in attempts to de-stabilize the regime.

Like I said, Iran is screwed.

Unfortunately.
I wouldnt be quite so sure about that,for a start even during the obama regime the west was still never able to reduce irans oil exports to nothing for the simple fact that a lot of countries depend on iranian oil for a mixture of economic and strategic reasons and they were not willing to put these at risk just for the west,so I would not expect that to change.In addition the west was only able to do this via a mixture of un sanctions and a great deal of consensus building thru skilled and very time consuming diplomacy and compromise,by comparison the trump regime has virtually none of these political skills at all and tries to resort instead to blatant threats and outright thuggery at a time when it has not only angered and alienated important countries like china and russia but its own vital western allies as well,in addition its anyones guess whether trump will even get a second term,altho I have learnt never to underestimate the gullibility or even outright stupidity of the american voter sadly.
Iran also has some rather unpleasant options of its own that it could utilize,tho whether someone like rouhani would ever have the balls to do these things is pretty doubtful,still his tone has begun to change recently so perhaps he finally has come to the sad realisation that being polite and reasonable just isnt going to work with the west....so who knows?.
Ultimately its still very early days yet but I have a feeling that the iri will still be around long after chump has joined obama,bush jr,clinton,bush snr,reagan and carter in histories dustbin,and a lot of these clowns also thought that they could write off the iri as well.
For now lets just wait and see.

I wouldnt be quite so sure about that,for a start even during the obama regime the west was still never able to reduce irans oil exports to nothing for the simple fact that a lot of countries depend on iranian oil for a mixture of economic and strategic reasons and they were not willing to put these at risk just for the west,so I would not expect that to change.In addition the west was only able to do this via a mixture of un sanctions and a great deal of consensus building thru skilled and very time consuming diplomacy and compromise,by comparison the trump regime has virtually none of these political skills at all and tries to resort instead to blatant threats and outright thuggery at a time when it has not only angered and alienated important countries like china and russia but its own vital western allies as well,in addition its anyones guess whether trump will even get a second term,altho I have learnt never to underestimate the gullibility or even outright stupidity of the american voter sadly.
Iran also has some rather unpleasant options of its own that it could utilize,tho whether someone like rouhani would ever have the balls to do these things is pretty doubtful,still his tone has begun to change recently so perhaps he finally has come to the sad realisation that being polite and reasonable just isnt going to work with the west....so who knows?.
Ultimately its still very early days yet but I have a feeling that the iri will still be around long after chump has joined obama,bush jr,clinton,bush snr,reagan and carter in histories dustbin,and a lot of these clowns also thought that they could write off the iri as well.
For now lets just wait and see.

I hear what your saying.

However, my thoughts are that its a little bit different this time.

There is a window of opportunity which, the intellectual vacuum that is the Trump administration, allows the Zionist agenda to materialize its ambitions.

This is Netanyahu Et al.’s chance to do something materially to Iran.

Obama resisted for whatever reason.

Netanyahu, Bolton, etc. etc. will not allow this opportunity to pass.

You’re correct in stating Trump admins tactics are thuggery.

But tell me what are Iran’s options at this point?

So long as Trump is in office, the danger to Iran is heightened.

I hear what your saying.

However, my thoughts are that its a little bit different this time.

There is a window of opportunity which, the intellectual vacuum that is the Trump administration, allows the Zionist agenda to materialize its ambitions.

This is Netanyahu Et al.’s chance to do something materially to Iran.

Obama resisted for whatever reason.

Netanyahu, Bolton, etc. etc. will not allow this opportunity to pass.

You’re correct in stating Trump admins tactics are thuggery.

But tell me what are Iran’s options at this point?

So long as Trump is in office, the danger to Iran is heightened.
Yes,I would agree on that point the danger of military conflict is real especially with warmongering thugs like bolton dripping poison in chumps ear,altho boltons attempts at scuttling the us-dprk summit[lol!] didnt work out,so its hard to tell.In some ways this is what makes cretins like chump so potentially dangerous,they themselves,let alone anyone else,literally have no clue what they are going to do in 5 minutes time,chump reminds me of some 3 or 4 year old with the exact same level of attention span.
I think at this point what iran badly needs is a strong leader,either that or rouhani needs to get it through his damn thick head that diplomatic politeness and bullsh!t cliches like "dialogue between civilizations" just isnt going to cut it when you`re dealing with boltonite and chumpist thugs who subscribe to the idea of a conflict between civilizations,neither is relying on the utterly unreliable euros,russians,chinese etc...for any real help.Still just as bush jr learnt the limits of american power both political and military so to will the donald,the question of course is just how much damage will he do both to the us and to others before he does.Ultimately I am coming more and more to the line of reasoning that iran may know need to strongly reconsider its nuclear options and the last time I thought like this was during bush jrs rampaging in iraq and afghanistan while also threatening syria and iran,ironically of course these turned into quagmires for the us and opportunities for iran.
Ultimately in the short term I think iran can only wait and see,after all its difficult to predict what chump is going to do next when not even chump knows what chump is going to do next[lol].But I also think rouhani needs to get serious and start spending some very serious cash on the military to hurry up and get some of those new sam systems into production and service at a minimum along with whatever else is on offer both locally and abroad because I think time may be of the essence and to much of it has sadly been wasted already.

Yes,I would agree on that point the danger of military conflict is real especially with warmongering thugs like bolton dripping poison in chumps ear,altho boltons attempts at scuttling the us-dprk summit[lol!] didnt work out,so its hard to tell.In some ways this is what makes cretins like chump so potentially dangerous,they themselves,let alone anyone else,literally have no clue what they are going to do in 5 minutes time,chump reminds me of some 3 or 4 year old with the exact same level of attention span.
I think at this point what iran badly needs is a strong leader,either that or rouhani needs to get it through his damn thick head that diplomatic politeness and bullsh!t cliches like "dialogue between civilizations" just isnt going to cut it when you`re dealing with boltonite and chumpist thugs who subscribe to the idea of a conflict between civilizations,neither is relying on the utterly unreliable euros,russians,chinese etc...for any real help.Still just as bush jr learnt the limits of american power both political and military so to will the donald,the question of course is just how much damage will he do both to the us and to others before he does.Ultimately I am coming more and more to the line of reasoning that iran may know need to strongly reconsider its nuclear options and the last time I thought like this was during bush jrs rampaging in iraq and afghanistan while also threatening syria and iran,ironically of course these turned into quagmires for the us and opportunities for iran.
Ultimately in the short term I think iran can only wait and see,after all its difficult to predict what chump is going to do next when not even chump knows what chump is going to do next[lol].But I also think rouhani needs to get serious and start spending some very serious cash on the military to hurry up and get some of those new sam systems into production and service at a minimum along with whatever else is on offer both locally and abroad because I think time may be of the essence and to much of it has sadly been wasted already.

I completely agree.

I have my doubts as to the Russians.

I think Iran must entertain China as a supplier at this point.

Time is of the essence as you stated. Why not some Chinese SAM systems?

Prepare to get some stop gap J-10? The -C model would be a MAJOR upgrade to anything Iran now flies. (of course earliest delivery is post 2020)

And then perhaps work on producing the FC-31 in Iran.

Last edited:
Time is of the essence as you stated. Why not some Chinese SA

SAMs are one of the few areas we are keeping up with the latest technology. If there is one thing we don't need to import, it's SAMs.

As for the air force, I'm partially with @TheImmortal on this. We shouldn't buy fighters for the sake of buying fighters, we should buy fighters for the next 2 decades of the IRIAF. 5th Gen is a must. BUT, we should follow the same philosophy as China, Russia, and Israel (and maybe even the US), and buy a larger number of 4.5 Gen fighters to do the heavy lifting - work that doesn't require 5th Gen aircraft.

Iran is even thinking about making an enlarged, bomber RQ-170 sentinel, which would be good for destroying air defence or high value targets to make way for the heavy hitting Su-30s.

I completely agree.

I have my doubts as to the Russians.

I think Iran must entertain China as a supplier at this point.

Time is of the essence as you stated. Why not some Chinese SAM systems?

Prepare to get some stop gap J-10? The -C model would be a MAJOR upgrade to anything Iran now flies. (of course earliest delivery is post 2020)

And then perhaps work on producing the FC-31 in Iran.

Russians are actively trying to dismantle the zionist lobby in russia, they are keeping the Israelis at arms length because many prominent businessmen in the russian economy are jews who have connections in israel. Notice the recent trail of assassinated or exiled politicians and oligarchs happen to have pro-zionist sympathies? Putin is trying to russify the russian economy, which is why he's playing nice with israel.

Do not fool yourself into believing that Russia will make some foreign policy paradigm shift to iran after this political and economic russification is complete, it's in russia's interest as a new player in the region to keep relations with MENA countries neutral at a minimum to maximise economic and political interest. Plus it's a hectic and unpredictable region imagine putting all your eggs in one basket only for it to be slapped out of your hold soon after?

SAMs are one of the few areas we are keeping up with the latest technology. If there is one thing we don't need to import, it's SAMs.

As for the air force, I'm partially with @TheImmortal on this. We shouldn't buy fighters for the sake of buying fighters, we should buy fighters for the next 2 decades of the IRIAF. 5th Gen is a must. BUT, we should follow the same philosophy as China, Russia, and Israel (and maybe even the US), and buy a larger number of 4.5 Gen fighters to do the heavy lifting - work that doesn't require 5th Gen aircraft.

Iran is even thinking about making an enlarged, bomber RQ-170 sentinel, which would be good for destroying air defence or high value targets to make way for the heavy hitting Su-30s.

India left a vacuum after leaving the FGFA program that Russia is seeking to fill with another partner. China is also seeking partners for the FC-31 which has also recently drawn attention from the PLAAN. You may get a solid level of localisation if you commit to either program. Both Russia and especially China are known to be lenient on TOT given the right price and political climate, Russia possibly even more so nowadays considering the state of their economy.

4.5 gen fighter options are fairly obvious, either su-30 or su-35 will provide decent stopgap capabilities until 5th gen fighters are inducted.

Russians are actively trying to dismantle the zionist lobby in russia, they are keeping the Israelis at arms length because many prominent businessmen in the russian economy are jews who have connections in israel. Notice the recent trail of assassinated or exiled politicians and oligarchs happen to have pro-zionist sympathies? Putin is trying to russify the russian economy, which is why he's playing nice with israel.

Do not fool yourself into believing that Russia will make some foreign policy paradigm shift to iran after this political and economic russification is complete, it's in russia's interest as a new player in the region to keep relations with MENA countries neutral at a minimum to maximise economic and political interest. Plus it's a hectic and unpredictable region imagine putting all your eggs in one basket only for it to be slapped out of your hold soon after?

India left a vacuum after leaving the FGFA program that Russia is seeking to fill with another partner. China is also seeking partners for the FC-31 which has also recently drawn attention from the PLAAN. You may get a solid level of localisation if you commit to either program. Both Russia and especially China are known to be lenient on TOT given the right price and political climate, Russia possibly even more so nowadays considering the state of their economy.

4.5 gen fighter options are fairly obvious, either su-30 or su-35 will provide decent stopgap capabilities until 5th gen fighters are inducted.

Russia will not provide any 4.5 fighter to Iran or 5th gen, too risky politically and the West has to many pain points on Russia they could exploit.

The best Russia will give is small amount of SU-30 with limited to no ToT.

China is more able to fight political and geopolitical consequences and provide Iran with 4.5-5th gen technology. However, they haven’t shown any inclination in wanting to change balance of power in the Persian gulf. Furthermore, the question remains how much funding Iran could provide for J-31 project.

Iran is dire need of air superiority fighters to eventually take over F-14’s job. Then there next concern is a more all purpose fighter.

If Iran decides to make a RQ-170 bomber like a B-2 esque it would need to have developed much better engine technology as such a bomber would need to cruise at supersonic speeds for better survivability.

If Iran decides to make a RQ-170 bomber like a B-2 esque it would need to have developed much better engine technology as such a bomber would need to cruise at

Not at all. The B-2 as well as the B-21 are subsonic designs. Provided the aircraft is stealthy enough and used properly, supersonic capability will not be required. Supersonic designs also have negative implications for stealth and maintenance, especially of the radar absorbing "skin".

Not at all. The B-2 as well as the B-21 are subsonic designs. Provided the aircraft is stealthy enough and used properly, supersonic capability will not be required. Supersonic designs also have negative implications for stealth and maintenance, especially of the radar absorbing "skin".

B-2 hasn’t been used against the latest air defense systems/radars created. It was used against banana countries with decrepit military or cave dwelling terrorists.

It’s vulnerable in contested airspace, so please don’t use the “stealth” argument. Any country with high tech interceptors could potentially intercept it. If it manages to penetrate deep into airspace and release its payload, it will quickly find high speed interceptors chasing after it.

The US has F-22’s to protect the B-2 in enemy airspace while the B-2 flies in along with F-35 for suppressing ground targets.

And in fact the B-21 is supposed to have A SPECIFIC FIGHTER DEDICATED TO FLYING WITH IT.

Since in your plan Iran has NEITHER types of planes (5th gen air superiority and all purpose fighter) it shouldn’t create a subsonic enlarged manned RQ-170.

Hence it should go for a Supersonic design, it doesn’t need to be AS “stealthy” as B-2. But if can supercruise at supersonic speed it could easily escape in most situations.

In fact, if Iran opens an R&D project for a hypersonic glide vehicle, maybe it could transfer some of that tech to high supersonic speed bomber that operates at high altitude dropping PGMs.

Or else going for a large subsonic RQ-170 wether manned or unmanned seems a waste of resources when your main Air Force is still in the stone ages.

The concept I am thinking of is to use the bombers as deterrence.

Last edited:
The US has F-22’s to protect the B-2 in enemy airspace while the B-2 flies in along with F-35 for suppressing ground targets.

The B-2's large size actually makes it BETTER at evading advanced air defences using long wavelength radars to detect stealth aircraft. It is more stealthy than an F-22 or F-35. The B-2, like most bombers, uses low altitude escape paths. When escaping, the dive to low altitude allows it to get to high subsonic speed.

Since in your plan Iran has NEITHER types of planes (5th gen air superiority and all purpose fighter)

I very clearly said "5th Gen is a must". A number of 5th Gen aircraft as well as 4.5th gen giving a high-low mix of capability.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom