What's new

Iraqi's Abrams loses to Grenades

I have read somewhere earlier versions of Abrams were vulnerable at the top. May be these insurgents know this from their experience in Iraq's occupation.
Most tanks are relatively vulnerable to top attack. Which is why you see top armor increase on e.g. newer versions of Merkava.
Merkava 1
Merkava_1-Lesany-1.jpg

Merkava 2
merkava2.001.jpg

Merkava 3
merkava3d26pb.jpg

Merkava 4
MerkSimanIV2010a.jpg

Last edited:
The export variants of the M1 Abrams can actually be very formidable adversaries.

This shows just how disorganized the Iraqi security forces really are. No coordination or teamwork whatsoever. So, don't blame the tank here.

Also, that guy....Nouri is a fail. FAIL.

They've been in Syria for months. I have seen people act as if they were the sect that the US was involved with in Jordan, but they are not. Some forget that there was an actual civil war going with Syria/FSA on before it was hijacked by extreme foreign fighters with fairly obvious puppet masters.

I suspect that the ISIS commanders were members of Saddam's elite Republican Guard. So, that might explain something. Those guys know what they are doing.

Just one question, how does your government differentiate between...."moderate" FSA fighters and ISIS terrorists?

The export variants of the M1 Abrams can actually be very formidable adversaries.

This shows just how disorganized the Iraqi security forces really are. No coordination or teamwork whatsoever. So, don't blame the tank here.

Also, that guy....Nouri is a fail. FAIL.

I suspect that the ISIS commanders were members of Saddam's elite Republican Guard. So, that might explain something. Those guys know what they are doing.

Just one question, how does your government differentiate between...."moderate" FSA fighters and ISIS terrorists?

Just ask them questions related to Islam. If they know too much they are terrorists. If they know a little, then they are moderates.

Just ask them questions related to Islam. If they know too much they are terrorists. If they know a little, then they are moderates.
since you are quantifying religion with terrorism , So it mean that pope is also a terrorist , since he knows too much about Christianity ?

How does one quantify religion? Is it logically possible? We're talking about tank kills. I'm confused...

That was stupid.. but.I would desist from bringing in christians or jews.

for me about christians if they know too much about christianity they are terrorist if not they are also terrorist :coffee: .... easy boy no offence just a truth with joking style :cheers:

Let's put these pics to here too. Shameful display from Iraqi military.
ZnWY8d5.jpg

WphjsKn.jpg

pQt1OIW.jpg

c8ECKdz.jpg

they are doing these thing with tank.... shame on iraqi army ..... these ISIS swine easily come closer to these tanks and the crew listening songs chilling with AC in tanks :mad:

Let's put these pics to here too. Shameful display from Iraqi military.
ZnWY8d5.jpg

WphjsKn.jpg

pQt1OIW.jpg

c8ECKdz.jpg

I've seen pictures of the Bradley's making up the rest of that armoured column,not a single battle scratch on them.Looks like those Iraqi incompetents ran the tank into a ravene than fled from it and the rest of the APC's without a fitght.Cowards and incompetents....

I've seen pictures of the Bradley's making up the rest of that armoured column,not a single battle scratch on them.Looks like those Iraqi incompetents ran the tank into a ravene than fled from it and the rest of the APC's without a fitght.Cowards and incompetents....

They were ambushed, ISIS was hiding in the vegetation. They shouldn't have brought the tanks into such a place, also the distance between the armored vechile's was too short

They were ambushed, ISIS was hiding in the vegetation. They shouldn't have brought the tanks into such a place, also the distance between the armored vechile's was too short

Pls don't think i have something against Iraqis,the whole reason i called them those names is because i'm very dissapointed at the way they're handling this affair.In fact this is an Iraqi on another forum about this particular situation :

Jesus the 9th division really fekked up!!!! How can this happen to them? Looks like a column was moving through farmlands clearly with no recon or dismounted infantry.

Imbeciles. Complete morons.

So 2-3 Abrams and about 10 m113s and an mrap lost....

They should have at least 130+ soldiers... An entire mechanised company. What a complete and utter disgrace.

The only usable units are the isof, militias, army aviation helos and sukhoi 25s. The rest of the army seems to be about as useful as polyfilla...

Ambush or no ambush,these guys seem to have no ideea of fighting in an armoured formation,disaster after disaster.No wonder morale is low while ISIS's is sky high.

Pls don't think i have something against Iraqis,the whole reason i called them those names is because i'm very dissapointed at the way they're handling this affair.In fact this is an Iraqi on another forum about this particular situation :

No problem, i'm aware of the incompetence due to lack of training and mass recruitment.

Ambush or no ambush,these guys seem to have no ideea of fighting in an armoured formation,disaster after disaster.No wonder morale is low while ISIS's is sky high.

Armored forces especially the heaviest (Abrams) should stay on the highways and open desert as much as possible, this place they moved in isn't an area for armored forces, small-mid size groups of ground forces should move in quietly instead, the one that sees the enemy first and plans an ambush will most likely win, in this case ISIS which makes sense anyway. You can hear the Abrams from far away.. idiotic commanders told them to go there and the tank personnel don't know what they're doing either, sure they can operate the tank but they didn't get a lot of training about using armor in this type or warfare. our politicians don't understand, high level training > mass recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom