What's new

Iraqi's Abrams loses to Grenades

These tanks may be disabled, and i doubt this was a real live tank with rambo action from the retard going on. It is a disabled tank left by the retreating Iraqi forces who are pretty much only good for posing in photos with their guns and masks. Run away the minute a real fight is to happen.

These tanks may be disabled, and i doubt this was a real live tank with rambo action from the retard going on. It is a disabled tank left by the retreating Iraqi forces who are pretty much only good for posing in photos with their guns and masks. Run away the minute a real fight is to happen.

Look at the pics again, the turret moved. It was manned.
Problem here is, hatch was open and no infantry was around the tank.

It is possible that the grenade was thrown inside thebtank and damage was done to the electronics inside, otherwise i dont see a MBT blown up by a grenade or one rpg

Nah i guess, Tank was ambushed in close quarters, attackers were in operators blind spot..... Anyhow, your comment reminded me of this, as its my desktop wallpaper
Mideast-Jordan-Eager-_Horo.jpg

Last edited:

Then my dear friend, your tank commanders are useless. Who opens a hatch in combat conditions? Plus with no infantry cover they are sitting ducks to mobile enemy fighters who will take full advantage of the blind spots.

this has nothing to do with the tank abrams tanks are one of the best

True on what you said, what gave here were shitty tank control and tactics the same we witnessed in Syria plenty times in videos. Sorry to say arab armies are useless in tank warfare, and other areas as well. IF i am roaming in a tank i better have infantry and IFV/MRAP around to **** shit up. Otherwise i will lose a very expensive piece of hardware.

True on what you said, what gave here were shitty tank control and tactics the same we witnessed in Syria plenty times in videos. Sorry to say arab armies are useless in tank warfare, and other areas as well. IF i am roaming in a tank i better have infantry and IFV/MRAP around to **** shit up. Otherwise i will lose a very expensive piece of hardware.
i think a tank has no place in urban combat it is the role of APC s and infantry and commandos by the way i hope you dont mean Egypt our army has proven himself over the time and now as we speak our army is fighting terror in sainai and doing great

i think a tank has no place in urban combat it is the role of APC s and infantry and commandos by the way i hope you dont mean Egypt our army has proven himself over the time and now as we speak our army is fighting terror in sainai and doing great

I meant these Syrian, Iraqi armies. Their doctrine is complete and utter sham for the threats they face.

but the iraqi army doctrine is western trained and armed by the US

Iraq has no foreign enemies, only internal issues. Their failed policies are wreaking a havoc now. This is what happens when you go on sectarian lines. You pay for it, through blood and embarrassment.

If manned, then pics 4-6 logically preceed pics 1-3. In which case, the blast in pic 6 has failed to kill the turret crew. Which could be possible, given that it is external to the vehicle. What continues to make this scenario not credible is the hatches being open. That suggests the crew has left the vehicle. Meanwhile, turrets (and pintle HMG too, for that matter) can be moved by other means than a live crew inside....

Pic 4-6 may be the bustle ammo storage blowing up (which has blow off panels to deflect the blast, and armored doors inside to protect the crew). The crew could still be inside and alive, so it can traverse the turret. But that leaves unexplained the HMG pintle position change and open hatches (wouldn't you close them after the first blast?)

And how come that tank is stationary to begin with?

Last edited:
The M1 Abrams participated in one of the most lopsided armor campaigns in the history of warfare, against an extremely formidable foe in 1991.

These were not properly manned tanks with trained operators that were lost, these were equipment caches.
PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

Go through this thread. It has some interesting info abt M1 's Pakistan experience and how it failed to coup the deserts of South Eastern Pakistan.

A direct RPG-7 shot can knock out an M1 tank. The targeting electronics on the roof is not well protected. A well placed shot would take that out, thus blinding an M1 tank and render it helpless on the battlefield.

July 4, 2014
Abandoned Iraqi M1 Abrams near Tikrit
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom