What's new

Iraq to buy 12 JF-17 Thunder jets from Pakistan

JF-17B3 has far lower costs than F-16IQ and has much better in technical capabilities. Plus maintenance is far easier since PAC is only a short flight away.
Not to mention, you are freely to use SD-10 BVRAAM on anybody. No restriction.

B-3 is not ready yet is it
The deal is to sign for Blk III. That is the cherry. PAF will received it's first Blk III early this year.

Planes for other AF will only delivered few years later after signed.

B-3 is not ready yet is it

PAC already produced atleast 10 B-3 and PAF will soon get them. It's about signing of deal. If you sign the deal in 2022. You will start recieving them in 2024. But by then PAF will have atleast 30 in its inventory. Export rate initially will be slow, 5-7 aircrafts. But later, as PAF built its own 3-4 squadrons, it will increase to 10-15 per year (that would be around 2026).

Your minister already mention Jf-17 will be bought and it's not me who say that.

Algeria, Saudi, UAE , Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Serbia are all using Chinese drone and yet we don't see much problem as u mention. Don't blame Chinese when it's your armed forces incompetency. We all know the massive corruption of Iraq armed forces.

first of all I'm not Iraqi :)

and the Iraqi defense minster never mentioned JF-17 by name, I speak the language and I saw his entire original TV interview.

I explained Algeria situation previously, UAE use Chinese drones because USA refused to sell them armed predator drones so they went for china to get what they want which is armed drones, meaning Chinese drones were not their first choice, the same thing happened for Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Pakistan is a close ally to china and they want to co-produce turkish Anka, Indonesia is looking to buy Turkish Drones, Kazakhstan bought Turkish armed Anka MALE drones and Serbia is considering buying Turkish drones.

Why all countries using Chinese armed drones are shifting to Turkish ones?

BTW, Saudi Arabia is using Turkish Karayel armed drones in Yemen with Chinese armed Ch-4s, the highest rate of shutdown Saudi drones in Yemen by houthi rebels were Ch-4s using old and indigenous weapons
Karayel-Intra.jpg

while the Turkish drones performed very well against modern air defense systems like the pantsir s1 and S-300 and managed to defeat them.

Last edited:
first of all I'm not Iraqi :)

I explained Algeria situation previously, UAE use Chinese drones because USA refused to sell them armed predator drones so they went for china to get what they want which is armed drones, meaning Chinese drones were not their first choice, the same thing happened for Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Pakistan is a close ally to china and they want to co-produce turkish Anka, Indonesia is looking to buy Turkish Drones, Kazakhstan bought Turkish armed Anka MALE drones and Serbia is considering buying Turkish drones.

Why all countries using Chinese armed drones are shifting to Turkish ones?

BTW, Saudi Arabia is using Turkish Karayel armed drones in Yemen with Chinese armed Ch-4, the highest rate of shutdown Saudi drones in Yemen by houthi rebels were Ch-4s using old and indigenous weapons
Karayel-Intra.jpg

while the Turkish drones performed very well against modern air defense systems like the pantsir s1 and S-300 and managed to defeat them.
Seems like a Turkish sales man new sign up members pretend to be Arabs.

As for Chinese drone sales, not to worry so much. We are doing well. No countries try to depend on one source. If they like to diversify their supplier, go ahead. But some spew smear to indicate all is not doing well for Chinese drone are meant to fail.

Finally, PAF just recently received CH-4B from China.

JF-17B3 has far lower costs than F-16IQ and has much better in technical capabilities. Plus maintenance is far easier since PAC is only a short flight away.

I agree with you, it is better, Pakistan & China did an excellent work on creating it and keeping it within third world military purchase budgets, but selling it to rich countries used to western fighters like gulf states and Iraq is not an walk in the park.

As for Chinese drone sales, not to worry so much. We are doing well. No countries try to depend on one source. If they like to diversify their supplier, go ahead. But some spew smear to indicate all is not doing well for Chinese drone are meant to fail.

Finally, PAF just recently received CH-4B from China.

Like I said before, I mean no disrespect to china or Chinese people, in fact I like you guys. but since I speak Arabic and I'm from Kuwait, I have more access to information from local sources than you guys.

Last edited:
The defense minister mentioned Rafale in another interview. See no reason why he didn't mention JF17 if he bought it

Iraq hasn't been buying anything for years now, likely won't buy anything either

Dude, please don't do this. 95% of the forum don't have a negative view of China, but trying to discredit or label every member who doesn't conform to the presumption that China is the best in every field doesn't really make a good impression.

this is the latest original TV interview for the Iraqi defense minister, he is criticizing the Iraqi owned Serbian Lasta-95 basic trainers and want to replace them with trainer planes from Pakistan instead of getting them repaired and air worthy.

I believe he is eyeballing the Super Mushak

Dude, please don't do this. 95% of the forum don't have a negative view of China, but trying to discredit or label every member who doesn't conform to the presumption that China is the best in every field doesn't really make a good impression.
When did I say Chinese is the best? Just becos I rebunk some unfound data concerning China means China is the best? Where did you learn that interpretation?

There is no denying a negative view of China, be its weapon or products. All thanks to continue badmouth from many media and form that perception.

According to a interview of defensenews.com with a Iraqi source (former adviser to Iraqi Interior minister and MoD) the Pakistani govt is offering the sale of 20 UAVs, while the Iraqi govt is in final stages of acquiring Super Mushak trainers.

According to a interview of defensenews.com with a Iraqi source (former adviser to Iraqi Interior minister and MoD) the Pakistani govt is offering the sale of 20 UAVs, while the Iraqi govt is in final stages of acquiring Super Mushak trainers.
@Arabwarrior what are your thoughts?

@farooqbhai007 is Pakistan govt. offering S2? Or azam male UCAV

This is very good deal. I doubt you will get deal in same price for brand new mulirole fighter from anywhere. It's right time for iraq to sign on final process of agreement and materialize the deal.

Back
Top Bottom