What's new

Iran's strategic port offer to help India bypass Pakistan

decades old stories again and again.

when Russia built a small reactor in about 2 decades instead of two years, india too is not less than russia.

India might consume over half a century to build chabahar. :lol:

Iran teasing india. :lol:

Infact Iran has no real friends except the Shiite powered states.

In Pakistan NATO containers were stolen, attacked and burnt to ashes. That was war time. China knew that. CPEC has exclusive security package so things are moving ahead.
I wish all the very best to the Chinese. Recently, I had this rare opportunity to be briefed about the CPEC by a group of professionals. They are directly going to employ Chinese workers there. The high possibility of abductions cannot be ruled out, also road-side bombings. They will need very tight security there.
Once the agreement is signed it will be of international standards, not on the mercy of individuals. It'll be made politics free. Why doesn't India give us a chance.

Modi is a sensible person, no matter how much Pakistani media demonize him. Same can be said about the Pakistani PM. They will eventually negotiate to one point. After all the profitability cannot be ruled out. It is always better to have multiple routes of access. So, I think in near future, we have a possibility of Indian goods having transit through Pakistan. There will be be heavy insurances involved to cover for potential losses if that happens. But I'll not count on that much.
Also, let's hope Pakistani army does not spoil the party. Pakistanis are set to earn huge amounts of profit from transit corridor, if that works out. :)

Iran to Turkmenistan and beyond is much better than going through Af pak region.
better how ? You must have some reasoning that led to your conclusion ?

Theology:
The current mess in the Muslim world is due to the Ayatullahs in Iran and the Khawarjites in the Arabian gulf countries. If you look at the Iranian Theologians, they see themselves as the legit rulers of the Muslim world. In fact, during the Iran-Iraq war the Iranian slogan was that the "road to Jerusalem leads through Karabala (iraq)". According to the Theologians, until Iran has full domination over the Muslim World (incl Mecca/Medina), their 8th Imam will not return. Not sure a how a leader of the Muslim world would like to see a Muslim country (Pakistan) get beat up by a non-muslim country (India).

History:
In the 65 war, the Shah of Iran gave the c-130s to Pakistan for free as a gift. The position of the (wanabe leaders) Iran and Saudi has always been the same as far as Kashmir is concerned - side with Muslims (Pakistan). Then in 70s Iran and Pakistan coordinated to crush the Baloch insurgents.

Once again friendly neighbors helping Pakistan. What a lovely neighborhood.

Iran are champions of Islam, they will help all Muslims of the world because they are leaders. They will even help Muslims in Kashmir by bending over for India. :lol:

Really, you want every other Muslim country to do what you like just because your is Muslim country too be it wrong or right? This attitude of acting as if in a gang will never let you think independently :).

China:
Iran's biggest investment is going to come from China and Germany. China is still their number 1 oil customer. The Chinese owned Oil pipelines in Central Asia will be connected to Iran within 1-2 years. China has stood with Iran through out the last 10 years (India voted against Iran in the UN regarding their nukes). Not sure if Iran would like to piss off China by sabotaging Gwadar.

China voted for resolution, and against Iran in every UN resolution regarding Iran nuclear deal. From where are you getting all this information?

ndian grocery??? :woot: :rofl:

Chabahar will give India a direct access to Natural Gas reserves of Central Asian Republics especially Turkmenistan. Chabahar port will also facilitate a multi-modal transport link between Indian west coast ports and Russia via Astrakhan by a strategic partnership between India, Iran and Russia.

So we're talking energy and high value goods not vegetables!! :P
Pipelines give you direct acces to Natural Gas reserves not CHAHBAHAR.......right now enjoy ur Ban :P

High ground :lol:

As if our Economy would suffer (considering there is no chabahar) if we don't trade with Afghanistan and few poor Central Asian countries.

Buddy even without Chabahar and no trade between the said countries our economic growth is impossible to stop the main objective of connectivity to Central asia is Energy and Strategic purpose as I don't think trade between us could cross $50 billion in coming 20 years.

While trade already between India china is about to touch $100 billion.
Every year World Economies are multiplying itself in many folds and 50 Billion is half of china trade volume:P

How stupid are Pakistanis?|
India will never trade with Russia via land routes. Even if Pakistan were to magically open up its country for trade!

Its just too damn expensive!
Long distance trade is always carried through sea! Ever wonder why?
Do you know, I can reply in same tone that can shut your holes - but iam abstaining it bcoz I've some good indian members here as friend
According to your mainstream Media , Indian connectivity to Russia via Iran is 30% shorter and 40% cheaper then the current route via sea, thats the Damn reason, Your Damn politicians are investing in Chahbahar....open your eyes and drill some sense

Last edited:
That's what the Pakistanis want to think, that where ever they go, some preferential treatment is waiting for them round the corner. Well, it's time to get out of the bed, stop day-dreaming and see the World the way it is.

Two things :

1. Nobody is waiting for Pakistanis to give them a candy. What is the benefit in that ? What does Iran or Afghanistan get in return for doing a bidding for the Pakistanis ? Just heartful of love ? Sorry, this is country-to-country relations we are talking about and not person-to-person. So, a heartful of love just doesn't cut the cake. There has to be something more than that which India has to offer and Pakistan.

India is doing perfectly fine in Afghanistan. What's wrong ? Change of government does not mean a thing. India was helping the Afghans with infrastructure, training, healthcare and finances and nothing has changed from that aspect.

There was a time when Iran used to help Pakistan against India. That time is long gone. India now happens to be in a unique situation where it has trade relations with both Saudi Arabia and Iran, with Pakistan nowhere in the picture.

2. Why would India want to bypass Pakistan ?

Now, a land route access to Afghanistan via Pakistan and thereby to Central Asia would be a good-to-have option indeed. But the route will be controlled by Pakistan. It's hard to do business with them as they don't have cordial relations with India and they mostly let their emotions decide for them.
Now, if, for some reason, they just happen to block a transit of goods, it would translate into severe loss, which will happen.
The terrorist problem in Pakistan does not really help. A proposed transit road through Pakistan will essentially go through areas in Pakistan where people are in armed rebellion against Pakistan. Of course I would not want to send my goods through that route.
It is any day better to have a costlier option, but one that I can rely upon, rather than a cheaper solution which can go wrong in so many ways! And when it comes to the Chabahar port option, the cost isn't much actually. It may actually work out to be as cheap as the land-route too.
it would be cost effective to go through iran certainly. but i am just thinking what will Pakistan do to counter this move?

Pipelines give you direct acces to Natural Gas reserves not CHAHBAHAR.......right now enjoy ur Ban :P

Every year World Economies are Increasing its size many folds and 50 Billion is half of china trade volume:P

Do you know, I can reply in same tone that can shut your holes - but iam abstaining it bcoz I've some good indian members here as friend
According to your mainstream Media , Indian connectivity to Russia via Iran is 30% shorter and 40% cheaper then the current route via sea, thats the Damn reason, Your Damn politicians are investing in Chahbahar....open your eyes and drill some sense
50 billion is the rough estimate,I don't think trade or no trade with Afghanistan and central Asia would have any implication on Indian economy (look at the size of economy of Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan etc) what India need is the strategic depth in the region.

Meanwhile even with physical connectivity we operate an airbase, buy uranium apart from investment,military exercises and offcourse trade but imagine the implications once Chabahar would be opened for us.

it would be cost effective to go through iran certainly. but i am just thinking what will Pakistan do to counter this move?

Okay, let me unfold it a little more. Two points:

1. India is the bigger power in the region. Iran is also a regional power and after the latest deal with US, will be looking forward to making best out of the situation. We have Afghanistan, a land locked country, which doesn't have good relations with Pakistan. Then we have other central Asian states, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan etc. All of these countries are set to benefit more or less with the deal working out. All these countries together encircle Pakistan. Let's just say, it'll not be received well across these countries, which may have bad consequences for Pakistan.

2. What can Pakistan do even if it tries ?
Legally Pakistan cannot stop India.
Militarily, India is much powerful a nation. Pakistani Navy is almost nonexistent while India has the best navy in the region.
Just to give you an idea, only India's defense budget is greater than the entire federal budget of Pakistan.
So, not many options for Pakistan, apart from to sit and watch.

50 billion is the rough estimate,I don't think trade or no trade with Afghanistan and central Asia would have any implication on Indian economy (look at the size of economy of Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan etc) what India need is the strategic depth in the region.

Meanwhile even with physical connectivity we operate an airbase, buy uranium apart from investment,military exercises and offcourse trade but imagine the implications once Chabahar would be opened for us.
Strategic Depth take 10-20 years after staying consistent, Central Asian States are rich in minerals so ultimately they gonna flex their muscle in coming years........Srilanka is tiny country with average per person income is 3500 $ approx (highest in South Asia) .....In comparison Central Asian states stands on much bigger ground....Less population, more mineral deposits = translate as higher natonal average....:-)

Strategic Depth take 10-20 years after staying consistent, Central Asian States are rich in minerals so ultimately they gonna flex their muscle in coming years........Srilanka is tiny country with average per person income is 3500 $ approx (highest in South Asia) .....In comparison Central Asian states stands on much bigger ground....Less population, more mineral deposits = translate as higher natonal average....:-)
Why are u telliing me this ?

Okay, let me unfold it a little more. Two points:

1. India is the bigger power in the region. Iran is also a regional power and after the latest deal with US, will be looking forward to making best out of the situation. We have Afghanistan, a land locked country, which doesn't have good relations with Pakistan. Then we have other central Asian states, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan etc. All of these countries are set to benefit more or less with the deal working out. All these countries together encircle Pakistan. Let's just say, it'll not be received well across these countries, which may have bad consequences for Pakistan.

2. What can Pakistan do even if it tries ?
Legally Pakistan cannot stop India.
Militarily, India is much powerful a nation. Pakistani Navy is almost nonexistent while India has the best navy in the region.
Just to give you an idea, only India's defense budget is greater than the entire federal budget of Pakistan.
So, not many options for Pakistan, apart from to sit and watch.
what you say is true, but feel pakistan does not sit and watch.
with afganistan. china is pushing both Pakistan and Afghanistan together with Chinese blessing. dont you think it would be best to pick Pakistan and china over india. Pakistan is Afghanistan's neighbour and right now i would say Afghanistan needs Pakistan more than india this is because of insurgency, peace and possible stability. and the current government is more willing to talk with Pakistan as compared to the previous.

with iran. if you read som articles it say's "invest in port and infrastructure". i think Iran is more interested in infrastructure than the port but both are just as important to one another. i think Iran just want's investment to attract more investors.

i have a feeling the economic corridor being built in Pakistan can easily be extended to go in to central Asia as Pakistan has built most of the road networks. and this is Pakistan ace up its sleeve. if the government and the military as a whole really want it badly they will work cohesively to make it work. an d both groups need one another to ensure its success. this is the quickest option as the work is already in progress and Pakistan should take note and work to it.

what you say is true, but feel pakistan does not sit and watch.
with afganistan. china is pushing both Pakistan and Afghanistan together with Chinese blessing. dont you think it would be best to pick Pakistan and china over india. Pakistan is Afghanistan's neighbour and right now i would say Afghanistan needs Pakistan more than india this is because of insurgency, peace and possible stability. and the current government is more willing to talk with Pakistan as compared to the previous.

with iran. if you read som articles it say's "invest in port and infrastructure". i think Iran is more interested in infrastructure than the port but both are just as important to one another. i think Iran just want's investment to attract more investors.

i have a feeling the economic corridor being built in Pakistan can easily be extended to go in to central Asia as Pakistan has built most of the road networks. and this is Pakistan ace up its sleeve. if the government and the military as a whole really want it badly they will work cohesively to make it work. an d both groups need one another to ensure its success. this is the quickest option as the work is already in progress and Pakistan should take note and work to it.

If wishes were horses..
Anyways, speculation is not really my area, so I will refrain from that.
Just one little point. Knowing the Chinese, I can tell they will be involved. One just needs to realize that Pakistan and China don't come in pair. The Chinese are too smart for that.

Why are u telliing me this ?
If wishes were horses..
Anyways, speculation is not really my area, so I will refrain from that.
Just one little point. Knowing the Chinese, I can tell they will be involved. One just needs to realize that Pakistan and China don't come in pair. The Chinese are too smart for that.
true china and Pakistan are not pairs. but they see each other as "brothers" and whatever helps stability in Pakistan and Afghanistan will surely come with Chinese help if required. as china has investments in both countries. obviously if it blocks india in the process then its hitting three birds with one stone (hypothetically speaking).
to be honest Pakistan should allow india to use Pakistan roads to get to central Asia. why? keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. besides it help Pakistan economically. with toll charges. i am confident in saying Pakistan's road network is better than india's, no offence. i can understand why, india is geographically bigger than Pakistan many times over. thus making it difficult for rapid growth. i cant hate either Pakistan or india. i have family in Pakistan kashmir and i have good friends in india. and both countries are virtually the same any way.

You ppl of Pakistan think that IRAN is a brotherly Muslim country but he is not.Don you remember his acts against Pakistan in Afghanistan? And then our A Q Khan gave them Atomic tech n what happened?IRAN told IAEA that Pakistan have gave them this tech.You want to be good but they stab you on your back.So be careful from IRAN.They are like hindoo bania "baghal may chhuri monh main ram ram:devil:".That is Iran.:angry:.Never ever trust Iran.
my guess is that you don't like Iran?

india can access central Asia via iran and Afghanistan cutting Pakistan out. pakistan is not in the middle but on the side. you really need a map. here look. also to add, Iran can easily go into Afghanistan and central Asia
North_South_Transport_Corridor_(NSTC).jpg

Back
Top Bottom