What's new

Iran's strategic port offer to help India bypass Pakistan

You are right.You see what they have done with Pakistan.That was not a brotherly Muslim country's act n now INDIA.How can we love Iran?Put your feet in my shoes n feel the pain.
firstly i can under stand why Pakistan is concerned it complicates it's plans for the Pakistan and china economic corridor which will eventually go in to central Asia. and this event in Iran does not help pakistan not yet.

And i can under stand why iran invited india to invest in Iran. Iran needs the investment after years of sanctions. Iran will want get investors from where ever it can even india in this case. you can almost say they are desperate for the investment.

but remember Pakistan is not worried unless it goes through Afghanistan and into central asia then there will be problems. and Pakistan will not be happy and block such developments in Afghanistan.

You are right.You see what they have done with Pakistan.That was not a brotherly Muslim country's act n now INDIA.How can we love Iran?Put your feet in my shoes n feel the pain.

crying-waterfalls.gif

lol

what do you think of theses developments in you perspective ?

I have commented on this matter in multiple threads thus far.
Anything which can help Iranian economical development is more than welcome and this chahabhar port will indeed help Iran develop. This is a very strategic port. The Indians were wise on to get on board early on, and now they will reap the benefit ;) This is about economy as far as Iran is concerned.

Chahabar is not a deep sea port. It cannot take volume Gwadar can.

Afghanistan is f**ked for a very long time. Try convincing companies to send their goods in transit through Afghanistan, insurance will be through the roof.

I am not bothered about developing the port itself, economic development should be encouraged in the entire region. If the intention is to to marginalize Gwadar then that is just petty and quite saddening really.

Afghanistan is f**ked for a very long time. Try convincing companies to send their goods in transit through Afghanistan, insurance will be through the roof.

I am not bothered about developing the port itself, economic development should be encouraged in the entire region. If the intention is to to marginalize Gwadar then that is just petty and quite saddening really.
you make a very good point. here's a good analysis
India to Invest in Iran's Chabahar Port

I have commented on this matter in multiple threads thus far.
Anything which can help Iranian economical development is more than welcome and this chahabhar port will indeed help Iran develop. This is a very strategic port. The Indians were wise on to get on board early on, and now they will reap the benefit ;) This is about economy as far as Iran is concerned.
have you got any port info about chabahar?

I don't think Pakistanis need to be alarmed about a possible cooperation between Iran and India, there is opportunity for everyone, without sanctions Iran-Pakistan pipeline could finally be completed and who knows? In future China or even India might want to import Iranian gas, that'll turn Pakistan an energy corridor for both China and India and possibly Afghanistan.

true you have valid point. pakistan and iran pipe was supposed to extend in to india but india dropped out

iran can directly send Afghanistan gas as their share a border and don't need Pakistan. Pakistan is more concerned about the port and nothing else.

do you have any specifics on the port in terms of size and capability? from what i know and been told its very under developed, but is in the process of being developed. but in terms of physical size chadbahar is small as compared to gwadar. what do you think?

GWADAR | Progress News & Updates - Page 84 - SkyscraperCity

It could be argued that it might be more beneficial to export gas to Afghanistan through Pakistan, if Pakistan build facilities within its borders to facilitate transit, its matter of cost benefit analysis and I can't comment on that without having sufficient information, but I wouldn't say its impossible.

As for your question about the port, I have no clue! But I will tell you something, just building the port alone doesn't turn Gwadar nor Chadbahar into Dubai overnight ;)
firstly yes Gwadar nor Chadbahar is going to turn into Dubai any time soon.

i have not looked in to the possibilities of exporting gas to Afghanistan via Pakistan. i will do some research and get back to you on that.

the port specs are very hard to find, all i can get is that the depth is 9.5 meters and it has a 2.5 million tonne capacity and to be expanded in to 12.5 million tonne port. and india has leased two berths for 85 million

if companies are going to find it difficult sending goods through Afghanistan from Iran. what chance does Pakistan have sending goods through Afghanistan?

There are some posts, which takes about 5 minutes to read, thus taking away that much time from my life. What the guy writes over there makes me feel that I've been penalized another 5 minutes!!

I wish all the very best to the Chinese. Recently, I had this rare opportunity to be briefed about the CPEC by a group of professionals. They are directly going to employ Chinese workers there. The high possibility of abductions cannot be ruled out, also road-side bombings. They will need very tight security there.

Modi is a sensible person, no matter how much Pakistani media demonize him. Same can be said about the Pakistani PM. They will eventually negotiate to one point. After all the profitability cannot be ruled out. It is always better to have multiple routes of access. So, I think in near future, we have a possibility of Indian goods having transit through Pakistan. There will be be heavy insurances involved to cover for potential losses if that happens. But I'll not count on that much.
Also, let's hope Pakistani army does not spoil the party. Pakistanis are set to earn huge amounts of profit from transit corridor, if that works out. :)

better how ? You must have some reasoning that led to your conclusion ?

By not being held hostage to number of entities..I do not enjoy an hostage situation neither do I enjoy giving undue leverage to a whimsical state or its proxies.

Okay, let me unfold it a little more. Two points:

1. India is the bigger power in the region. Iran is also a regional power and after the latest deal with US, will be looking forward to making best out of the situation. We have Afghanistan, a land locked country, which doesn't have good relations with Pakistan. Then we have other central Asian states, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan etc. All of these countries are set to benefit more or less with the deal working out. All these countries together encircle Pakistan. Let's just say, it'll not be received well across these countries, which may have bad consequences for Pakistan.

2. What can Pakistan do even if it tries ?
Legally Pakistan cannot stop India.
Militarily, India is much powerful a nation. Pakistani Navy is almost nonexistent while India has the best navy in the region.
Just to give you an idea, only India's defense budget is greater than the entire federal budget of Pakistan.
So, not many options for Pakistan, apart from to sit and watch.
Dude! Tajikistan, and other TANs ending countries are pure neutral countries they don't care if it's India/Pakistan/USA/USSR/Chins they welcome anyone who bring money and wishful relation for them, Pakistan enjoying same relations with the them ( might be more good than India ) on various things. Pak/Afghan relations were bad in past coz of pro india Karzai but now it's getting normal like before as recently Pakistan held a meeting of Afghan Taliban and Afghan govt in Islamabad, one more thing we know Afghans 100 time better you guys they stuck with their culture like other nations they know their history and proud of it as how their legendary heroes attack India on various occasion, if you think you (mean India govt) helping them to get some regional benefits you guys really living in fool paradise, they bite you again as it's in their nature to bite everyone when time come.
Don't compare indian navy with Pakistan navy it's size or capability, all historical wars won by strategies with low resources with low in numbers manpower equipments etc, better read war strategies. Pakistan navy full equipped and loaded more to defend Pakistan soils and water according with our resources and needs.
Chal ab Zara trolling bhi kar lein on troll related stuff:tup:

Dude! Tajikistan, and other TANs ending countries are pure neutral countries they don't care if it's India/Pakistan/USA/USSR/Chins they welcome anyone who bring money and wishful relation for them, Pakistan enjoying same relations with the them ( might be more good than India ) on various things. Pak/Afghan relations were bad in past coz of pro india Karzai but now it's getting normal like before as recently Pakistan held a meeting of Afghan Taliban and Afghan govt in Islamabad, one more thing we know Afghans 100 time better you guys they stuck with their culture like other nations they know their history and proud of it as how their legendary heroes attack India on various occasion, if you think you (mean India govt) helping them to get some regional benefits you guys really living in fool paradise, they bite you again as it's in their nature to bite everyone when time come.
Don't compare indian navy with Pakistan navy it's size or capability, all historical wars won by strategies with low resources with low in numbers manpower equipments etc, better read war strategies. Pakistan navy full equipped and loaded more to defend Pakistan soils and water according with our resources and needs.
Chal ab Zara trolling bhi kar lein on troll related stuff:tup:

Actually you will find most of the countries are neutral or would prefer to be neutral in matters that don't concern them.

World has changed dramatically, after the fall of Soviet Union especially. There is choosing sides any more. So everybody is on their own side, so to speak.

That is what suits India the best. Iran has been trading with India being fully aware India trades with Saudi Arabia at the same time. Nobody cares, as long as you are not actively trying to harm anybody.

We would like to see a developed and modern Afghanistan. It's good for business. The same goes for Iran.
And why would one will have to involve the navy anyway ? To block others' trade will be a stupid thing to do.

Actually you will find most of the countries are neutral or would prefer to be neutral in matters that don't concern them.

World has changed dramatically, after the fall of Soviet Union especially. There is choosing sides any more. So everybody is on their own side, so to speak.

That is what suits India the best. Iran has been trading with India being fully aware India trades with Saudi Arabia at the same time. Nobody cares, as long as you are not actively trying to harm anybody.

We would like to see a developed and modern Afghanistan. It's good for business. The same goes for Iran.
And why would one will have to involve the navy anyway ? To block others' trade will be a stupid thing to do.
Live and let other lives as no one interested waging wars and the current war is economy war, we start little late but we are on our way thanks to General Raheel Sahib, I told you little history of Afghanistan rest is on your calculation! You mention twice about Pak navy and it's capability so I clarify few things related with that issue.

Live and let other lives as no one interested waging wars and the current war is economy war, we start little late but we are on our way thanks to General Raheel Sahib, I told you little history of Afghanistan rest is on your calculation! You mention twice about Pak navy and it's capability so I clarify few things related with that issue.

Live and let live.. That's the word...

Back
Top Bottom