What's new

Iran's strategic port offer to help India bypass Pakistan

pakistan can easily block Iran as ships will be very close to Pakistani waters or in Pakistani waters. i think Iran is turning away from Pakistan. Pakistan needs to do something or else its going to gain another adversary.
Pakistan navy is virtually non-existent. Not possible.

Oh plzzzz . India would desperately want it thru pakistan only,do u know how costly chahbahar is for india, the construction etc and then the transportation costs?

Pakistan route is important for India to go to Afghanistan. I am sure India would not like Oil, Gas and Minerals that are life line of India's economy to transit through Pakistan. It is like giving blank check to Pakistan.

Yes pakistan is. Why then india doesnt want pakistan to quit saarc??
It's simple. India has already formed other groups with South Asian countries leaving Pakistan behind, which are doing well. So, it does not matter if SAARC exists or Pakistan is part of it. India should have done that long time back.

Chicha. .explain me this...why is India spending or planning to spend 8 billion or more on a port, railway network, road connectivity all the way up to central Asia?..I am sure it's not for the samosas or the..whatever it is besides the oil and minerals that central Asia exports...its an energy corridor...as in constant supply of energy..also minerals.

What do you think the Chinese want to use pakistani roads and ports for? To import dates from Arabia or to export their "anything for a dollar" chinese products through CPEC? Naah..its for oil and gas...again an energy corridor.

It's to ensure energy supplies from getting bottlenecked in the malacca straits...and for us..an access to energy supplies from central Asia..
Lolzzzz.
Ever read abt india desperately wanting to join IP pipeline project. Iran Pakistan gas pipeline?

India needs both iran and central asia for the natural or compressed gas supply,whichever it is. And in both the cases she wants the pipelines to be laid thru pakistan. How can chahbahar subsitute that????

We arent allowing u any pipelines thru our land tho.

Last edited:
It's simple. India has already formed other groups with South Asian countries leaving Pakistan behind, which are doing well. So, it does not matter if SAARC exists or Pakistan is part of it. India should have done that long time back.
Read my question again. It said india doesnt want pakistan out of saarc cuz thats only one way for her to get economic cooperation from pakistan.

Read my question again. It said india doesnt want pakistan out of saarc cuz thats only one way for her to get economic cooperation from pakistan.
Ohh..sorry..my bad :)

In My opinion, Indians in general do not expect any positive co-operation from the state of Pakistan. The government in the past might have had some different expectations, this one might also wan't to build on diplomatic relations, but people are quite dis-illusion-ed.

Lolzzzz.
Ever read abt india desperately want to join IP pipeline project. Iran Pakistan gas pipeline?

India needs both iran and central asia for the natural or compressed gas supply,whichever it is. And in both the cases she wants the pipelines to be laid thru pakistan. How can chahbahar subsitute that????

Lollz Only you read that India is desperate to join pipeline....we havent joined it and we will not join it till our conditions are met as we can not rely on a highly unsafe country. On the contraty it is pakistan who is dying to have India because India is huge consumer of oil which in turn will increase Pakistan's royalty but we are not willing to help.

Moreover, a direct pipe line from Iran is already under consideration and it will be best for us in the long term.

Lolzzzz.
Ever read abt india desperately want to join IP pipeline project. Iran Pakistan gas pipeline?

Initially it was known as IPI pipeline (Iran Pakistan and India pipeline). India dropped

Initially it was known as IPI pipeline (Iran Pakistan and India pipeline). India dropped
Lolzzz and u think i dont know that? And now who is desperate to get onboard again?

Lolzzz and u think i dont know that? And now who is desperate to get onboard again?

I can say...not Modi. Think again...why would India invest $8 billion in Chahbar port?

I can say...not Modi. Think again...why would India invest $8 billion in Chahbar port?
Screenshot_2015-07-19-06-51-33_1.jpg

Oh mujhay maaf kar do may nay argue kar liyaa!!

Just imagine this.

Both Chabahar port and Gwadar port with CPEC connectivity are fully operational. Forget about samosa or oil and gas.

CPEC will be trade corridor for China. Chabahar for India.

So tell me which country has bigger economic muscle and bigger commerce? India or China?

Indians in some of their elitist illusion try to compare themselves with Chinese. The fact is they are fraction of what Chinese economy is and scale of worldwide investments China is making in mining, industry and infrastructure worldwide.

I dont agree CPEC and Chabahar will be win win situation. In a fancied environment it can be, when India stops its obsession with suppressing and subverting Pakistan. But with the situation as it is, its going to be case of competition.

Why would PM Modi, in his utter foolishness protest to China regarding CPEC? His concern for CPEC shows Indian mindset and depth of its smallness.

First of all comparing Gwadar with Chabahar is nonsense. Gwadar is the need of China and Chabahar is the need of India. Its not that trading countries will have to choose between India or China. Moreover, China will be using Gwadar for mostly oil imports. Which is not even 5% of Chinese annual trade.

Top 10 trading partners of China in 2013/2014 are
USA
Hong Kong
Japan
South Korea
Taiwan
Germany
Australia
Malaysia
Brazil
Russia

None of these top 10 except Germany is worth trading through Gwadar. Which is also least likely since the resurrection of 'Silk Route'.
1383092853054_246.jpg

800px-Silk_route.jpg

Source

Back
Top Bottom