What's new

Iran's Infrastructure projects...

$2 billion dollar, 655 kilometer Shiraz-Bushehr-Oslavieh (Persian gulf) rail project started
  • The first $400 million dollars allocated
  • 10 to 25% of work already completed in various segments.
  • Completion 4 to 5 years​
  • Iranian contractors​
1641997623416.png

https://www.mehrnews.com/news/5397872/اعتبار-ساخت-راه-آهن-شیراز-بوشهر-عسلویه-رسید-۴۰۰-میلیون-دلار-یورو

Alright, so let's shed some light on the pace of road construction under the Islamic Republic. As said elsewhere, I am unfavorable to automobiles but nonetheless, considering the relatively low driving discipline in Iran, upgrading classic roads into highways - i.e. 2x2 lanes in physically separate directions, is a good step towards reducing road accidents, in addition to allowing for higher speed limits (usually 120 km/h instead of 50 km/h).

Now please tell me, do you know of a government on planet Earth which had highways built at a speed comparable to Islamic Iran? Because I personally don't.

Also, it is interesting to note that sites such as "Google Earth" will not highlight Iran's highways (bozorgrāh) - the only thing they will make visible are freeways (āzādrāh), i.e. toll roads with separate direction lanes (whereas the many highways of Iran are completely free of charge). This is most probably done in order to minimize the astounding accomplishments of the glorious Islamic Republic.

Just so you realize what it is we're talking about: under the toppled, zio-apologetic and US-subservient Pahlavi monarchy, the only freeways and/or highways Iran managed to inaugurate in some 58 years of rule were the Tehran-Karaj or Tehran-Qazvin (I don't remember) and Tehran-Qom (if I'm not mistaken) freeways - i.e. just a couple of hundred kilometers. And that's all...! Compare this to the thousands of kilometers of freeways and highways built under the glorious Islamic Republic in less than 43 years!

The state of Iran's highways and freeways (marked in green) in 2008, versus a maximum of 300 kilometers in 1979:

R1A.jpg

The state of Iran's highways and freeways in 2014-2015 (Iranian year 1393):

R1.jpg

The state of Iran's highways and freeways in 2020-2021 (Iranian year 1399):

R2.jpg

Ok, no further comments needed I think. Other than: Allāho akbar, Khāmenei rahbar!

Last edited:
Alright, so let's shed some light on the pace of road construction under the Islamic Republic. As said elsewhere, I am unfavorable to automobiles but nonetheless, considering the relatively low level driving discipline in Iran, upgrading classic roads into highways - i.e. 2x2 lanes in physically separated directions, is a good step towards limiting road accidents, in addition to allowing for higher speed limits.

Now please tell me, do you know of a government on planet Earth which built highways at a speed comparable to Islamic Iran? Because I personally don't.

Also, it is interesting to note that sites such as "Google Earth" will not highlight Iran's highways - the only thing they will make visible are freeways, i.e. toll roads with separate direction lanes. This is most probably done in order to minimize the astounding accomplishments of the glorious Islamic Republic.

Just so you realize what it is we're talking about: under the toppled, zio-apologetic and US-subservient Pahlavi monarchy, the only freeways and/or highways Iran managed to inaugurate in some 58 years of rule were the Tehran-Karaj or Tehran-Qazvin (I don't remember) and Tehran-Qom (if I'm not mistaken) freeways - i.e. just a couple of hundred kilometers. And that's all...! Compare this to the thousands of kilometers of freeways and highways built under the glorious Islamic Republic in less than 43 years!

The state of Iran's highways and freeways (marked in green) in 2008, versus a maximum of 300 kilometers in 1979:

View attachment 808119

The state of Iran's highways and freeways in 2014-2015 (Iranian year 1393):

View attachment 808111

The state of Iran's highways and freeways in 2020-2021 (Iranian year 1399):

View attachment 808120

Ok, no further comments needed I think. Other than: Allāho akbar, Khāmenei rahbar!
Yes as you mentioned the speed of Iran's motorway and rail construction is very high..I compare it to 1950's in the US where most Interstate freeways were constructed ..great for Economy, great for jobs and opens up the country for inter trade commerce...does wonders for GDP also..lol

Iran’s 1st geothermal power plant
  • Iran's first pilot project in Geothermal applications
  • located in North western Iran (Ardebil)
  • produces 5 MW of electricity expandable to 50 MW
  • Come on stream by June
  • Built by Iran"s TPPH company
  • $40 million investment
1642079300521.png

Iran opens its first super heavy oil refinery in Qeshm Island
1642165251003.png

1642165364113.png

1642165386301.png

Some highlights:
  • Project is divided into 2 phases and funded by private investments
  • Phase I: Handles 35 thousand Barrel of super heavy oil
  • Phase II": Handels 60 thousand Barrels.
  • Phase 1 cost: 220 million Euros and 4 years (completed)
  • Phase 2 cost 640 million Euros and 3.5 years (under construction)
  • the Refinery will be responsible for one fifth of Iran’s total bitumen exports in the near future.
  • Refinery will produce annual sales of $850 million dollars (all exports)
Note: Qeshm in one of the world’s largest islands that is located in the Persian Gulf just few kilometers off the southern Iranian coast.

looks like Iran will export fuel to Central Asia and Afghanistan . Benefits of not having Americans around..

Construction of 948 Km, $426 million dollar oil pipeline to Mashhad
  • To carry 150,000 barrels of fuel from the southern refineries to the energy starved north east.
  • To provide fuel exports to Afghanistan and land locked Central Asia countries
  • Project duration 4 years
  • Financed by Iran's Bank Mellat
1642336377782.png

Iran building up to 20 Nuclear power plants
  • Iran has said it wants to build a network of nuclear power plants with a capacity of 20,000 megawatts to enable it to export more of its bountiful oil and gas.(Note the current Bushehr reactor generates 1000 megawatts).
  • 17,000 megawatts already approved for next year budget.
  • Darkhovin site being considered for the purpose with the aim of easing the country's electricity shortage.

The news that would give Trump and not so fat Pompeau heart attack!!..:azn::azn:

Remarkable ...Even with all sanction in place

Iran’s 10-month exports up 38% (non-oil)
annual non-oil exports hit $45 billion

Now please tell me, do you know of a government on planet Earth which had highways built at a speed comparable to Islamic Iran? Because I personally don't.
china

well you must compare it with which period of Pahlavi era as the pace of building those infrastructure wee very different in different years

• Iran has said it wants to build a network of nuclear power plants with a capacity of 20,000 megawatts to enable it to export more of its bountiful oil and gas.(Note the current Bushehr reactor generates 1000 megawatts).
  • Darkhovin site being considered for the purpose with the aim of easing the country's electricity shortage.
start of building them ,otherwise that's a 20 years project

Last edited:
well you must compare it with which period of Pahlavi era as the pace of building those infrastructure wee very different in different years

Given that during the Pahlavi era almost nothing was built at all in this regard, the Islamic Republic would come out on top in any case. Besides, it is legitimate to compare over the entire duration of each political system. For what's a regime worth if it spends five decades in slumber and then is set in motion solely by the virtue of an oil crisis it benefits from? Versus another political system that shows constancy and consistency in its development efforts, no matter the odds.

Last edited:
Given that during the Pahlavi era almost nothing was built at all in this regard, the Islamic Republic would come out on top in any case. Besides, it is legitimate to compare over the entire duration of each political system. For what's a regime worth if it spends five decades in slumber and then is set in motion solely by the virtue of an oil crisis it benefits from? Versus another political system that shows constancy and consistency in its development efforts, no matter the odds.
Bitch please. The Tehran-North Expressway has been an ongoing project for over 40 years and it is still nowhere near finished after over 25 years of mismanagement, constant failure and delays, and national level treason for allowing the Chinese to waste decades there. It's only 121 kilometers.

Chalus Road was built by Pahlavi the 1st before the World War II in nearly 5 years and it's over 160 kilometers. It remains one of the busiest roads in Iran after 9 decades and is by far one of the most vital routes for transport in all of Iran and the region.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but never gonna happen.

Bitch please. The Tehran-North Expressway has been an ongoing project for over 40 years and it is still nowhere near finished after over 25 years of mismanagement, constant failure and delays, and national level treason for allowing the Chinese to waste decades there. It's only 121 kilometers.

Chalus Road was built by Pahlavi the 1st before the World War II in nearly 5 years and it's over 160 kilometers. It remains one of the busiest roads in Iran after 9 decades and is by far one of the most vital routes for transport in all of Iran and the region.

We were examining highways and freeways built before and after the Islamic Revolution, not ordinary two way roads. My point stands: we have many thousands of kilometers of highways and freeways now, whereas in 58 years of rule, the Pahlavis did not manage to inaugurate more than a couple hundred kilometers of the same. As said, I don't quite remember if the Karaj-Qazvin segment and Tehran-Qom highways had been launched before 1979, but even if, that would still limit the total to a few hundred kilometers versus many thousands today.

If you wish to include regular paved roads, why cherry-pick two projects out of hundreds? One needs to contemplate the whole picture, the entirety of the network. Even if we choose to focus solely on Shomal: we can look at the maps above and count how many new roads were built in the area after 1979. Then, we can determine how many red ones turned green i.e. were transformed into highways. Why stop at the Tehran-North freeway? From between Rasht and Firuzkuh, three other highways/freeways were completed towards the Caspian coast under the Islamic Republic.

And will you deny the following hard data?

1643243201999.png

I don't have time right now to find the figure for 1979-1980, but it's clear what the above implies: the pace of paved road construction under the Islamic Republic has been more than three times faster than what it used to be under the defunct monarchy, and actually more like between four to five times as speedy.

What the Pahlavis had to show for, were basically a handful of glitzy prestige projects. Unequally, unevenly distributed across the national territory, not much of a sustainable, generalized development. Beneath the bright surface shown to western media, there was basically under-development. These were hallmarks of a client state of the developing world subservient to imperial powers.

Last edited:
I don't want to be a party pooper, but never gonna happen.
Units no2 and no3 have already started ..oil and gas at above $80 will force most richer countries to go nuclear because that is the only next alternative to fossile fuel (solar and wind are boutique energy sources)...so it makes sense for a country that has spent so much $$$as Iran on nuclear tech to harvest that investment by building in-house designed reactors and manufacture the fuel...sell the oil and the gas as petrochemicals and use nuclear power for industry and any surplus export...plan is sound..I hope they do it.

We were examining highways and freeways built before and after the Islamic Revolution, not ordinary two lane roads. My point stands: we have many thousands of kilometers of highways and freeways now, whereas in 58 years of rule, the Pahlavis did not manage to inaugurate more than a couple hundred kilometers of the same. As said, I don't quite remember if the Karaj-Qazvin segment and Tehran-Qom highways had been launched before 1979, but even if, that would still limit the total to a few hundred kilometers versus many thousands today.

If you wish to include regular paved roads, why cherry-pick two projects out of hundreds? One needs to contemplate the whole picture, the entirety of the network. Even if we choose to focus solely on Shomal: we can look at the maps I shared and count how many new roads were built in the area after 1979. Then, we can determine how many red ones turned green i.e. were transformed into highways. Why stop at the Tehran-North freeway? From between Rasht and Firuzkuh, three other highways/freeways were completed towards the Caspian coast under the Islamic Republic.

And will you deny the following hard data?

View attachment 811360

I don't have time right now to find the figure for 1979-1980, but I guess it's clear what the above implies: the pace of paved road construction under the Islamic Republic has been more than three times faster than what it used to be under the defunct monarchy, and actually more like between four to five times as speedy.

What the Pahlavis had to show for, were basically a handful of glitzy prestige projects. Unequally, unevenly distributed across the national territory, not much of a sustainable, generalized development. Beneath the bright surface shown to western media, there was basically under-development. These were hallmarks of a client state of the developing world subservient to imperial powers.
I fully agree with you salar...for some one who regularly traveled between Shiraz and Tehran with my private auto (once every two months) in 1978,1979..I can tell you this..Shiraz to Isfahan two way road in good condition...Isfahan to Qom...may be 20 km of divided highway the rest two way...I could see the qom Tehran freeway being built but by the revolution still not open....Tehran Karaj was fully done toll divided highway...Karaj- qazveen...partially done.

Inside Tehran no more that 50 km divided and one overpass built by Europeans !!!! And the decking was metal with special coating and Iran had problem recoating that!!!...

What I see now in Tehran alone my head spins..so they sure did a good job with the roads..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom