What's new

Iranian Version of RQ-170 Drone Makes Maiden Flight

I think the version with a piston engine will have the 1:1 scale, I am not sure though, it wasn't clear whether it was 1:1 model or a smaller one, at least not at first sight

You can't use piston engine as it will require a propeller. And you simply can't place the propeller inside of the UAV.

i appreciate that u took all that time to do sth that i wouldn't do .

but u fail to know anything about perspective . yeah , google it .

Perspective (graphical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also think it's not 1:1 model, but also not an RC model, perhaps a 50% or 60% replica.

1~2.jpg

2~2.jpg

i appreciate that u took all that time to do sth that i wouldn't do .

but u fail to know anything about perspective . yeah , google it .

Perspective (graphical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ive seen this video couple of times... But looking at the width of runway, the center white lines and comparing while the model is landing, it gives a different perspective of the size of the model compared to the static ones shown (Both Orignal American RQ170 and in a different copied ) some where in a different thread.
Any way Congrats whatever test it was...

I also think it's not 1:1 model, but also not an RC model, perhaps a 50% or 60% replica.

Just look at when the model is landing on the runway...and then take off shortly and the runway's markings.

If it was an original model (As shown in some threads), it would have definitely take a lot of space on the runway.
Just my thoughts.
Regards

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-12_16-19-47.png
    upload_2014-11-12_16-19-47.png
    366.8 KB · Views: 51
Just look at when the model is landing on the runway...and then take off shortly and the runway's markings.
If it was an original model (As shown in some threads), it would have definitely take a lot of space on the runway.
Just my thoughts.
Regards

I see your point, but although I have my doubts over being a 1:1 model, but a problem with your judgement is that you don't know the width of runway from the video, it's almost impossible to speculate unless a person at least stands besides it.

In one moment, it is flying below a Bell 206 heli and it doesn't seem that small as you said previously, but also can't confirm that it is 1:1 model.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom