What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Who is the woman there? Engineer of this drone?
She seems to be another reporter doing q n a with guy on left. Her colleague who’s another reporter is to her right standing with her.

And it seems that the chinese arent the only ones,meet the turkish Azab T-150 and T-200
https://gazetememur.com/home/PartialPage?name=haber&id=4eb3bcf0-d986-4887-bf95-78aedfaecc94&page=
media%2FFrq9Xp5WwAEjhDQ.png

media%2FFrq9ajaXwAIDKzz.jpg

They love using the same name over and over again lol
I have said it many times..I respect IRGC very much for their competence but I hate them using "Arab" names for Iranian products..We have so many beautiful "Persian" names and they insist on using "Arab religious" names..Notice as soon as the products goes to Iranian regular military the names chosen become "Persian" names..:undecided:

ZOUBIN, SEPEHR, Arash, KAMAN,etc..just venting!..lol

we don't need to worry about other nations copying the iranian shahed loitering munition drone. first of all, the weapon is more advanced anyway due to the experience of the ukraine war, and i doubt that the nations have integrated this experience. If they did, they copied the initial version. secondly, the shahed drone is I don't want to say obsolete, but the ukraine has become more effective at shooting it down than before. However, Iran still has a few more weapons up its sleeve that can respond to Ukraine's new capabilities and that the other nations can't take into account.
And then there is the cheap production which is partly exclusive only in Iran possible because energy prices and labor prices are very favorable. Turkey can copy the shahed, but the low-cost production and the experience that goes into it cannot be imitated so easily. I believe that Turkey cannot produce this device in large numbers because a system is simply not as profitable for them as it is for Iran. China might be able to keep up.

Here an example of how much different factors can influence the price of a product:

Material costs: 30-40%
Energy costs: 10-20%
Transportation costs abroad: 5-10%
Production method: 5-15%
Labor costs: 20-30%

Iran turkey comparision of different fields that influence price:

Tecnician Salary annual Turkey (labour costs): 43.000€ (only average)
Tecnician Salary annual China(labour costs): 15.000€ (only average)
Tecnician Salary annual Iran(labour costs): 6.000€ (only average)

Iran Energycosts: 0,06 US-Dollar per kWh
China Energycosts: 0.08 US-Dollar per kWh
Turkey Energycosts: 0,14 US-Dollar per kWh

Turkey: sea transportation, the cost can range from 0.01 USD to 0.10 USD per kilometer
China: sea transportation Costs can range from 0.01 USD to 0.15 USD per kilometer
Iran: sea transportation, the cost can range from 0.02 USD to 0.15 USD per kilometer

Material Costs in Turkey are between 20% to 40% higher because iran can produce many parts at home and owns many resources needed for these materials while turkey have to import more parts.

As a rough estimate, material costs for manufacturing drone motors, drone bodies, and other components in China may be around 10-30% lower compared to Iran.

based on this data, a turkish copy of the iranian shahed drone would cost about $30,000 per unit. That is $10,000 more than the Iranian version. In addition, their versions are not up to date and are not battle tested.
As a rough estimate, the production cost of a drone in China may be around 10-30% lower compared to Iran

we don't need to worry about other nations copying the iranian shahed loitering munition drone. first of all, the weapon is more advanced anyway due to the experience of the ukraine war, and i doubt that the nations have integrated this experience. If they did, they copied the initial version. secondly, the shahed drone is I don't want to say obsolete, but the ukraine has become more effective at shooting it down than before. However, Iran still has a few more weapons up its sleeve that can respond to Ukraine's new capabilities and that the other nations can't take into account.
And then there is the cheap production which is partly exclusive only in Iran possible because energy prices and labor prices are very favorable. Turkey can copy the shahed, but the low-cost production and the experience that goes into it cannot be imitated so easily. I believe that Turkey cannot produce this device in large numbers because a system is simply not as profitable for them as it is for Iran. China might be able to keep up.

Here an example of how much different factors can influence the price of a product:

Material costs: 30-40%
Energy costs: 10-20%
Transportation costs abroad: 5-10%
Production method: 5-15%
Labor costs: 20-30%

Iran turkey comparision of different fields that influence price:

Tecnician Salary annual Turkey (labour costs): 43.000€ (only average)
Tecnician Salary annual China(labour costs): 15.000€ (only average)
Tecnician Salary annual Iran(labour costs): 6.000€ (only average)

Iran Energycosts: 0,06 US-Dollar per kWh
China Energycosts: 0.08 US-Dollar per kWh
Turkey Energycosts: 0,14 US-Dollar per kWh

Turkey: sea transportation, the cost can range from 0.01 USD to 0.10 USD per kilometer
China: sea transportation Costs can range from 0.01 USD to 0.15 USD per kilometer
Iran: sea transportation, the cost can range from 0.02 USD to 0.15 USD per kilometer

Material Costs in Turkey are between 20% to 40% higher because iran can produce many parts at home and owns many resources needed for these materials while turkey have to import more parts.

As a rough estimate, material costs for manufacturing drone motors, drone bodies, and other components in China may be around 10-30% lower compared to Iran.

based on this data, a turkish copy of the iranian shahed drone would cost about $30,000 per unit. That is $10,000 more than the Iranian version. In addition, their versions are not up to date and are not battle tested.
As a rough estimate, the production cost of a drone in China may be around 10-30% lower compared to Iran
Good Analysis...by the way Turks can also use Syrian refugees to assemble their products..lol..But Iran remains the only true "Design House" of the region and I have high hope that Iran will become a world class "design house" in the coming decade..
Iran's original Ideas/products like :
  • First Loitering A/A missile : 315 missile
  • First FACS with VLS: Zolfaghar FAC
  • First Truck or SUV launched drones: shaheds xx
  • First Drones use in battle field :1980s Iran/Iraq
  • First asymmetrical naval strategy against bigger enemy: Armed Speed boat swarms, converted shippings to naval platforms etc
  • First loitering torpedo
Iran started by copying and now we are being copied by others...so is life..lol:undecided:

Last edited:
%50 more of 0 is still 0, it wouldn't matter to the Turkish Armed Forces

The question is why? What would we do with them?

What does Shahed 129 do that TB2 can't?

I have said it many times..I respect IRGC very much for their competence but I hate them using "Arab" names for Iranian products..We have so many beautiful "Persian" names and they insist on using "Arab religious" names..Notice as soon as the products goes to Iranian regular military the names chosen become "Persian" names..:undecided:

ZOUBIN, SEPEHR, Arash, KAMAN,etc..just venting!..lol
I know all too well. Religious people LOVE arabic names. Fortunately Turkish defense industry is very much nationalistic and basically all names are Turkic.

And it seems that the chinese arent the only ones,meet the turkish Azab T-150 and T-200
https://gazetememur.com/home/PartialPage?name=haber&id=4eb3bcf0-d986-4887-bf95-78aedfaecc94&page=
media%2FFrq9Xp5WwAEjhDQ.png

media%2FFrq9ajaXwAIDKzz.jpg
I'm sorry, they all look like Israeli Harpy or Harop to me, and I'm not sure that this small company can compete with STM

It will have to be better than this:

150km range seems impressive though

Last edited:
Depends on Turkish Military doctrine and needs wich im not informed about. Obviosly there is a need for it if they produced a copy.

Dont know. These kind of drones are not dogfighting against each other.
Obviously not but to want to copy something it should offer something other than just low price.

You can't really copy the price, it will be made with Turkish parts, in a Turkish factory and come out with a much different price tag.

Concept is german v1 , more recent product is harpy (actually european, israel bougt the project), many countries made similar ones but iranians are bragging, interesting .....btw i saw the pic of your drone parts, workmanship was terrible.
Bitter much? Hard to tell if you are bitter, or just dumb and devoid of any information. That's why their is a Shahed-136 thread.

The suicide UAS has very high degree of precision, and locality with low AD are very vulnerable to it, or sometimes penetrate high AD zones.

FkVaFFsXoAAguqY

If after a year, you don't understand this, then you are hopeless. Out of all things I've heard, I've never heard the remarkable V1 comparison, with regards to a precision system.

Back
Top Bottom