What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Depends on how you define it. Some call Russia a regional power

But I don't think Iran is a regional power, Iran has the potential to be one. I think this potential has been squandered over the years.

It reminds me of Turkey, Turkey had INCREDIBLE potential but every ruler that came after Atatürk have squandered it.

So we're similiar in that regard, But iran has been mismanaged even worse. The hostage crisis and the fallout of it basically ruined the country. The country is facing a number of economical and sociological problems that needs addressing. Basically only thing that went well is the nuclear program and the missile program and those aren't sufficient to be a prosperous country.
I don't see it quite like that, and I think there are good reasons for it, without comparing Iran with the Shah period.
First of all to the points in which I agree with you:
Iran has a domestic problem: corruption, mismanagement and social problems have weakened Iran from the inside. The sanctions also contribute their part.
Unfortunately, parts of society have lost confidence in the leadership, which is one of the most negative points. The challenges of global warming and water scarcity are certainly also an issue.

On the other hand, Iran is a regional power in terms of foreign policy, which cannot be denied. In Yemen, Syria, and Iraq, many power structures have already been cemented, and hardly any decisions are made without Iran. Iran has asymmetrical allies which cannot be eliminated even by military force of superior opponents. See Yemen, Iraq or Lebanon. Then there is the fact that Iran has strategic roads under its control (de facto).
In science and technology, Iran has risen among the great nations. More scientific articles are produced in Iran than in many other industrialized countries in the West. Iran also not only builds missiles and nuclear technology, but generally has a broad strategic industry that makes the country completely self-sufficient. Almost all raw materials and ores are available in Iran and the economy is largely autonomous. For example, the steel industry is very strong and one of the largest in the world, in the field of energy Iran has the second largest natural gas reserves and the fourth largest oil reserves (constantly changing place by place) and recently the second largest lithium reserves. This list could be massively expanded. The number of students and universities in Iran is unprecedented.
Nanotechnology, engineering, etc. are very strong in Iran. I don't want to list all the advantages now, but the potential as you say is huge and is hindered by internal problems and partial sanctions. However, despite all these challenges, Iran has still achieved a very strong position.

Iran is not perceived as economically strong because they may not be a trade hub like the united arab emirates or foreign direct investment like saudi arabia, but iran has an extremely strong domestic economy and also controls its spheres of influence economically and politically very strongly.

I don't see it quite like that, and I think there are good reasons for it, without comparing Iran with the Shah period.
First of all to the points in which I agree with you:
Iran has a domestic problem: corruption, mismanagement and social problems have weakened Iran from the inside. The sanctions also contribute their part.
Unfortunately, parts of society have lost confidence in the leadership, which is one of the most negative points. The challenges of global warming and water scarcity are certainly also an issue.

On the other hand, Iran is a regional power in terms of foreign policy, which cannot be denied. In Yemen, Syria, and Iraq, many power structures have already been cemented, and hardly any decisions are made without Iran. Iran has asymmetrical allies which cannot be eliminated even by military force of superior opponents. See Yemen, Iraq or Lebanon. Then there is the fact that Iran has strategic roads under its control (de facto).
In science and technology, Iran has risen among the great nations. More scientific articles are produced in Iran than in many other industrialized countries in the West. Iran also not only builds missiles and nuclear technology, but generally has a broad strategic industry that makes the country completely self-sufficient. Almost all raw materials and ores are available in Iran and the economy is largely autonomous. For example, the steel industry is very strong and one of the largest in the world, in the field of energy Iran has the second largest natural gas reserves and the fourth largest oil reserves (constantly changing place by place) and recently the second largest lithium reserves. This list could be massively expanded. The number of students and universities in Iran is unprecedented.
Nanotechnology, engineering, etc. are very strong in Iran. I don't want to list all the advantages now, but the potential as you say is huge and is hindered by internal problems and partial sanctions. However, despite all these challenges, Iran has still achieved a very strong position.

Iran is not perceived as economically strong because they may not be a trade hub like the united arab emirates or foreign direct investment like saudi arabia, but iran has an extremely strong domestic economy and also controls its spheres of influence economically and politically very strongly.
These are all the makings of a regional power (except for the last part I don't think Iran is economically strong at all from what I'm hearing from my friends who live there) so what I mean is that Iran has the flour, sugar, milk, eggs and chocolate but Iranian leaders have failed to put these together and bake a cake if you catch my drift.

try to compare this with Russian power in the central asia, where evey country you go, they speak Russian, their armies buy Russian weapons, their leaders all try to appease Russia, their economy is closely linked with Russia, their biggest trade partner is always Russia. Russia is the undisputed great power in those parts. This effect is visible until you reach Iran's borders. When I look at Iran, their arms exports is basically nothing, their navy is locked inside persian gulf it consists mostly of speed boats that couldn't sail in harsh waters of the Indian ocean anyway. Their trade partners are basically no one, their military doctrine is basically just about defending Irans borders, whenever they operate outside Iran they are at the mercy of bigger powers (see Süleymani assassination) Nobody speaks their language etc.

There's potential, but it's not been realized yet. And because they were too reluctant to find foreign partners, their defence industry suffered too, they are years even decades behind Turkey when it comes to conventional weapons. Turkey is at the brink of %100 self sufficiency. TFX will be the pinnacle of this development. It's been a long, bumpy road but we're coming up to the finish line. Just to give you some contrast from a country with similiar population.

:lol: Great patriots. So patriotic that they don't live in Iran

Why don't you take part in Iran's meteoric rise champ? Not meteoric enough for you?

We're that patriotic that no matter where we're born and raised, we still love Iran. This is us doing our part.

And I shit on those 15 million people almost daily.

And I'm not in a pissing contest, I'm just interested, it's a fascinating country

Let's be honest, I wouldn't want to set foot in Iran. Even my friends who are Iranian, want to leave, but it still fascinates me.

Who said we need your kind to step foot inside Iran? Stay in your brothel.

And I shit on those 15 million people almost daily.

Guys, look how these torks speak about their own kind just for simply living abroad. These people are fickle and cowardly, their foundation is weak and you can tell from their President who cant keep a word straight, flip flopping wherever the wind blows.

Last edited:
These are all the makings of a regional power (except for the last part I don't think Iran is economically strong at all from what I'm hearing from my friends who live there) so what I mean is that Iran has the flour, sugar, milk, eggs and chocolate but Iranian leaders have failed to put these together and bake a cake if you catch my drift.
I understand what you mean. I also see the last part the same way, they have the ingredients but they don't always bake the best cake from them.

Regarding economic strength: I think we are talking past each other because we are arguing at different levels. So at the individual level, the microeconomics and the population, there is need and inequality, many people who are struggling. But at the macroeconomic level, Iran is strong because many industries are producing and growing.

It should also be noted that the number of millionaires in Iran has increased significantly in recent years. Almost 150,000 millionaires live in Iran, ranking 33rd worldwide. This number was significantly lower a few years ago. The reason for this is that many people in Iran have started successful startups. However, the gap between the rich and the poor has still widened. I believe that this trend will continue, which is unfortunately also the global trend at the moment.

try to compare this with Russian power in the central asia, where evey country you go, they speak Russian, their armies buy Russian weapons, their leaders all try to appease Russia, their economy is closely linked with Russia, their biggest trade partner is always Russia. Russia is the undisputed great power in those parts. This effect is visible until you reach Iran's borders. When I look at Iran, their arms exports is basically nothing, their navy is locked inside persian gulf it consists mostly of speed boats that couldn't sail in harsh waters of the Indian ocean anyway. Their trade partners are basically no one, their military doctrine is basically just about defending Irans borders, whenever they operate outside Iran they are at the mercy of bigger powers (see Süleymani assassination) Nobody speaks their language etc.
The example with Russia cannot be easily applied, though. Russia has had a significant influence on the regions you mentioned in recent history since Tsar Peter the Great's time. They still have a strong cultural basis. On the other hand, 100 years ago, only 2% of the population in Iran could read and write, and the country suffered from a famine caused by the British, which led to almost 5 million deaths out of a population of 22 million. At the same time, almost 70% of the population was addicted to opium. The population was also superstitious. For example, the clergy depicted the first railroad in Iran as witchcraft because a cleric was run over by the train. The last Qajar kings at the end of the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s were absolutely insane. Iran had this cultural basis you mentioned 2,500 years ago and most recently during the Sassanian times, but the Iranian style of rule has never been based on implementing their culture and language in other regions. The Iranian expansionist style has historically focused more on leaving the people in their language and culture and only occupying the critical administrative positions. In most cases, Persians even had local forces occupy these key positions. For example, the Babylonians or the Egyptians never felt occupied, and they had fewer reasons for uprisings. Then, there were usually administrative centers (called satraps) that connected the regions to the Iranian core region, from where the controlled regions were managed. This Iranian style is still very similar today because this style has proven itself well over time. This can also be seen clearly in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, or Lebanon. In these regions, there is no attempt to change the local language or culture significantly, and many leaders of local militias and fighters are always people from the middle of the respective people. The French, on the other hand, always tried to impose their religion, language, and culture, which is why French still plays a significant role in Morocco, for example.

There's potential, but it's not been realized yet. And because they were too reluctant to find foreign partners, their defence industry suffered too, they are years even decades behind Turkey when it comes to conventional weapons. Turkey is at the brink of %100 self sufficiency.
What is self sufficiency in your eyes?
Producing a product from the raw material mine to the finished product, and also producing the machines necessary for production, is extremely difficult to achieve, and I don't see that in Turkey anytime soon. It must be said that such a degree of self-sufficiency can take an extremely long time to achieve. For example, the TB2 drone in Turkey: how many parts have to come from abroad? The chip monopoly of the US in the world alone makes pure self-sufficiency not so easily possible, for hardly any country.

I understand what you mean. I also see the last part the same way, they have the ingredients but they don't always bake the best cake from them.

Regarding economic strength: I think we are talking past each other because we are arguing at different levels. So at the individual level, the microeconomics and the population, there is need and inequality, many people who are struggling. But at the macroeconomic level, Iran is strong because many industries are producing and growing.

It should also be noted that the number of millionaires in Iran has increased significantly in recent years. Almost 150,000 millionaires live in Iran, ranking 33rd worldwide. This number was significantly lower a few years ago. The reason for this is that many people in Iran have started successful startups. However, the gap between the rich and the poor has still widened. I believe that this trend will continue, which is unfortunately also the global trend at the moment.

The example with Russia cannot be easily applied, though. Russia has had a significant influence on the regions you mentioned in recent history since Tsar Peter the Great's time. They still have a strong cultural basis. On the other hand, 100 years ago, only 2% of the population in Iran could read and write, and the country suffered from a famine caused by the British, which led to almost 5 million deaths out of a population of 22 million. At the same time, almost 70% of the population was addicted to opium. The population was also superstitious. For example, the clergy depicted the first railroad in Iran as witchcraft because a cleric was run over by the train. The last Qajar kings at the end of the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s were absolutely insane. Iran had this cultural basis you mentioned 2,500 years ago and most recently during the Sassanian times, but the Iranian style of rule has never been based on implementing their culture and language in other regions. The Iranian expansionist style has historically focused more on leaving the people in their language and culture and only occupying the critical administrative positions. In most cases, Persians even had local forces occupy these key positions. For example, the Babylonians or the Egyptians never felt occupied, and they had fewer reasons for uprisings. Then, there were usually administrative centers (called satraps) that connected the regions to the Iranian core region, from where the controlled regions were managed. This Iranian style is still very similar today because this style has proven itself well over time. This can also be seen clearly in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, or Lebanon. In these regions, there is no attempt to change the local language or culture significantly, and many leaders of local militias and fighters are always people from the middle of the respective people. The French, on the other hand, always tried to impose their religion, language, and culture, which is why French still plays a significant role in Morocco, for example.

What is self sufficiency in your eyes?
Producing a product from the raw material mine to the finished product, and also producing the machines necessary for production, is extremely difficult to achieve, and I don't see that in Turkey anytime soon. It must be said that such a degree of self-sufficiency can take an extremely long time to achieve. For example, the TB2 drone in Turkey: how many parts have to come from abroad? The chip monopoly of the US in the world alone makes pure self-sufficiency not so easily possible, for hardly any country.
1) What's the current growth rate of Iranian economy and how soon in your estimation can it catch up to Turkey? I realize that the war in Ukraine is a huge opportunity for Iran if they could take advantage of it. Russia and China might become much better trade partners in near future How is Iran planning to take advantage of this? Drones were a good first start any precision weapons Iran could make and sell Russia?

2) Yes, I'm aware of the Achaemenid Empire and their "soft rule", the satrapy system and so on Dan Carlin's Kings of Kings podcast is a good one to listen to in this regard, though I'm sure you realize that there can be much more What weapons is Iraq buying from Iran for example? As far as I'm aware, nothing.

3) Taiwan worked REALLY hard to get where they are. it would be foolish to think we can catch them anytime soon, If we could get a partnership with TSMC where we could build a FAB in Turkey in partnership with them. That would be great. As far as the machines are concerned, we are at a very good level. I have used Turkish made CNC machines, they are very precise, all components, spindles etc get made in Turkey.

@Muhammed45
You are right - this is a Pakistani forum and if you continue to attack everyone who disagrees with your “Iran is the greatest country on the earth and the Qaher is a spaceplane” BS then you will be the first to go.

A turk was literally permanently banned for trolling on this thread but your insecurity and hypocrisy know no bounds. You’re currently banned from this thread for now and if you don’t return to reality it will soon be the forum.

@Muhammed45
You are right - this is a Pakistani forum and if you continue to attack everyone who disagrees with your “Iran is the greatest country on the earth and the Qaher is a spaceplane” BS then you will be the first to go.

A turk was literally permanently banned for trolling on this thread but your insecurity and hypocrisy know no bounds. You’re currently banned from this thread for now and if you don’t return to reality it will soon be the forum.
Dude @Muhammed45 is one our oldest members on this forum and he has potential to be a TT or Moderator

That was the @LegionnairE who ruined our threads with spamming and mocking Qaher 313

Muhammed45 never insults anyone or trolls in any section

He is an Elite member since 2015 and if anyone asks me one the best

@Muhammed45

I feel bad for you guys

Your country is going through such a critical time and you have to listen to the bickering of fools

Dude @Muhammed45 is one our oldest members on this forum and he has potential to be a TT or Moderator

That was the @LegionnairE who ruined our threads with spamming and mocking Qaher 313

Muhammed45 never insults anyone or trolls in any section
I have been on this forum since 2009 - I know exactly who he is and isnt. Leigonnare has been warned on exceeding his discussion on a subject to usual Turkey vs Iran - if he engages in it again he will find himself banned too.

I feel bad for you guys

Your country is going through such a critical time and you have to listen to the bickering of fools
How is that relevant?
I am a US citizen and while things in Pakistan may be bad - I have nothing to gain or lose from it anymore.

I feel bad for you guys

This guy insults all of noneturkish nationalities including Chinese, greeks, Pakistanis and Iranian for a long time without getting permanently banned

Snake greeks, felon Chinese, Iranian brain dead zombie etc

How is that relevant?
I am a US citizen and while things in Pakistan may be bad - I have nothing to gain or lose from it anymore.
Strange response. You don't have any family there? I guess after a while, out of sight out of mind...

But it sure seems rough from the outside. Almost existential.

I see it that way, too. In the end, it is important that Turkey or Iran can produce certain systems themselves. This ability is the basis of a sovereign state. Personally, I am fully in favor of the countries in the region acting independently in order to be able to be more independent of the interests of third parties. In this respect, both countries are already doing a good job.

You're having a conversation with an invidual who 'likes' the following statement:

l-jpg.921522

They also referred to the people of West Asia as "trash".

Kindly report and refrain from feeding the obvious, complexed troll.

You're having a conversation with an invidual who 'likes' the following statement:

l-jpg.921522

They also referred to the people of West Asia as "trash".

Kindly report and refrain from feeding the obvious, complexed troll.
well, how can I refer to a geography that contains the likes of you?

Butthurt due to two people having a normal conversation 😃

You love Iran so much, you live in Belgium :sarcastic:

I have been on this forum since 2009 - I know exactly who he is and isnt. Leigonnare has been warned on exceeding his discussion on a subject to usual Turkey vs Iran - if he engages in it again he will find himself banned too.

Have a brief look at the past two pages. The user will not cease their off-topic discussions including comparisons with Turkey. This is in addition to the racist insults they spew, such as their referring to people of West Asia as "trash", and directing the same invective at me in the post right above.

l.jpg

And this here came about eight hours after your reminder:

User has been trolling this section for weeks and derailing thread after thread, flame-baiting etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom