What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Bitter much? Hard to tell if you are bitter, or just dumb and devoid of any information. That's why their is a Shahed-136 thread.

The suicide UAS has very high degree of precision, and locality with low AD are very vulnerable to it, or sometimes penetrate high AD zones.

FkVaFFsXoAAguqY

If after a year, you don't understand this, then you are hopeless. Out of all things I've heard, I've never heard the remarkable V1 comparison, with regards to a precision system.
Obviously modern guidance systems didn't exist back then but, conceptually V1 is the father of all cruise missiles and loitering munitions.

And Turkey being a Harpy user, if we wanted to copy something we would copy that.

However, this small company is unlikely to have such connections as to get a harpy from the Turkish Navy to look at lol,

And I didn't like the name. What the **** does Azab mean?

Nng3MjYuanBn

According to this, Shahed 129 is more expensive than TB2... but who knows what the real price is

Last edited:
Obviously modern guidance systems didn't exist back then but, conceptually V1 is the father of all cruise missiles and loitering munitions.
Generally when the V1 comparison is used for something, it is in reference to a terror weapon, since that was really the only purpose and usage of the missile. I heard it alot when it came to Iranian Scuds derivatives back in the day. Really the only difference between a terror weapon and a modern system is guidance. In this case, the suicide UAS that uses GNSS (Probably GPS) cannot be considered a terror weapon.
And Turkey being a Harpy user, if we wanted to copy something we would copy that.

However, this small company is unlikely to have such connections as to get a harpy from the Turkish Navy to look at lol,
Yes people don't understand, companies can produce any product they want, and offer it to suite the needs of the MoD. The Turkish MoD may not even want such a system. When you look at Iran, also see it from the same lens. You may see things showcased, but they may or may not be ordered by the MoD.
According to this, Shahed 129 is more expensive than TB2... but who knows what the real price is
This info graphic is by the IWN, which is not an official government media. Personally have strong doubts that this UCAV would be 7.5 million.

One of the issues that can cause some overinflation on parts is blackmarket aquisition, in this case I'm quite sure Shahed-129 uses a Rotax engine. This would not be easily imported into Iran, and would have to go through subsidiaries and front companies, which involve mark ups. So you might even end up paying 50% more than market price.

That being said, the other components made in Iran would be much cheaper than their foreign counterpart, but at the cost of some reduce efficiency like the optical system which isn't as good as the resolution offered in the TB2.

Generally when the V1 comparison is used for something, it is in reference to a terror weapon, since that was really the only purpose and usage of the missile. I heard it alot when it came to Iranian Scuds derivatives back in the day. Really the only difference between a terror weapon and a modern system is guidance. In this case, the suicide UAS that uses GNSS (Probably GPS) cannot be considered a terror weapon.

Yes people don't understand, companies can produce any product they want, and offer it to suite the needs of the MoD. The Turkish MoD may not even want such a system. When you look at Iran, also see it from the same lens. You may see things showcased, but they may or may not be ordered by the MoD.

This info graphic is by the IWN, which is not an official government media. Personally have strong doubts that this UCAV would be 7.5 million.

One of the issues that can cause some overinflation on parts is blackmarket aquisition, in this case I'm quite sure Shahed-129 uses a Rotax engine. This would not be easily imported into Iran, and would have to go through subsidiaries and front companies, which involve mark ups. So you might even end up paying 50% more than market price.

That being said, the other components made in Iran would be much cheaper than their foreign counterpart, but at the cost of some reduce efficiency like the optical system which isn't as good as the resolution offered in the TB2.
I just see V1 as the father of all cruise missiles. Germans were truly ahead of their time.

I didn't know that shahed 129 used a rotax engine. These engines are known for their reliability but Iran doesn't need reliability. You could probably save a lot by switching to a domestic engine. If it crashes it crashes... it's a drone.

I know all too well. Religious people LOVE arabic names. Fortunately Turkish defense industry is very much nationalistic and basically all names are Turkic

Is that why your new Kamikaze drone "Azab" is an Arabic word or your "Hançer" UGV which is also an Arabic word etc.

15% of your Turkish language is made up of Arabic words and at least 5% is Persian words.
Nothing wrong with nationalism but ultra nationalism is super retarded and cringe, it doesn't make sense because all cultures and languages borrow and integrate words and customs from each other.

I know you Kemalists try to rewrite history, but without Islam there is no Ottoman Caliphate and subsequently no Turkey in West Asia, you'd still be nomadic tribes in Central Asia.

Is that why your new Kamikaze drone "Azab" is an Arabic word or your "Hançer" UGV which is also an Arabic word etc.

15% of your Turkish language is made up of Arabic words and at least 5% is Persian words.
Nothing wrong with nationalism but ultra nationalism is super retarded and cringe, it doesn't make sense because all cultures and languages borrow and integrate words and customs from each other.

I know you Kemalists try to rewrite history, but without Islam there is no Ottoman Caliphate and subsequently no Turkey in West Asia, you'd still be nomadic tribes in Central Asia.
That's your opinion. Average Mongolian IQ today is 105 one of the highest in the world, ....the average Iq level in Turkey is 89 we came here as conquerors not to become the same as the middle eastern trash.

I don't like this drone and I hope it doesn't get adopted.

Just so you know, here's the sort of comment this subject gives "likes" to:

l.jpg

Do not adopt a naively welcoming posture towards individuals who show themselves to be anything but well-meaning. This goes as well for other users engaging into "friendly chats" with this troll.

Just keep reporting them, mods will act only if numerous complaint are put to them.

Last edited:
Just so you know, there's the sort of comment this subject gives "likes" to:

View attachment 921522

Do not be naively welcoming towards individuals who show themselves to be anything but well-meaning. This goes as well for other users engaging into "friendly chats" with this troll.
Just report them, mods will only act if numerous complaint are put to them.

@aryobarzan

I ignored that user long ago, along with this “Pittik” character.

It’s unfortunate some individuals can’t come to terms with Iran’s meteoric rise in power stemming primarily from a strong domestic research, development and production chain.

Just so you know, here's the sort of comment this subject gives "likes" to:

View attachment 921522

Do not adopt a naively welcoming posture towards individuals who show themselves to be anything but well-meaning. This goes as well for other users engaging into "friendly chats" with this troll.

Just report them, mods will only act if numerous complaint are put to them.

@aryobarzan
I'm aware, if not necessary, I would prefer to keep the threads on topic, instead of getting into a comment war with other users. Since other people are also looking at the forums and are curious about Iran. I do not need to saying anything. Events of the region speak for themselves.

I ignored that user long ago, along with this “Pittik” character.

It’s unfortunate some individuals can’t come to terms with Iran’s meteoric rise in power stemming primarily from a strong domestic research, development and production chain.

Amusing part is how the subject writes "burn and die from jealousy" when it's them spamming the Iranian section for days, never the other way around. Spectacular how Iran's prowess is irritating these specimens, and giving them insecurities.

I'm aware, if not necessary, I would prefer to keep the threads on topic, instead of getting into a comment war with other users. Since other people are also looking at the forums and are curious about Iran. I do not need to saying anything. Events of the region speak for themselves.

If you're aware then I'd suggest to refrain from interacting in an overly friendly manner with a subject who appreciates it when Iran and her people are insulted.

Last edited:
If you're aware then I'd suggest to refrain from interacting in an overly friendly manner with a subject who appreciates it when Iran and her people are insulted.
:lol: Great patriots. So patriotic that they don't live in Iran

Why don't you take part in Iran's meteoric rise champ? Not meteoric enough for you?

:lol: Great patriots. So patriotic that they don't live in Iran

Why don't you take part in Iran's meteoric rise champ? Not meteoric enough for you?
Bruh, you've got at least 15 million Turks not living in Turkey. I don't think you should take that route.

Why the pissing contest, Iran is the only neighbouring country you don't actually have a current conflict with.

Bruh, you've got at least 15 million Turks not living in Turkey. I don't think you should take that route.

Why the pissing contest, Iran is the only neighbouring country you don't actually have a current conflict with.
And I shit on those 15 million people almost daily.

And I'm not in a pissing contest, I'm just interested, it's a fascinating country

Let's be honest, I wouldn't want to set foot in Iran. Even my friends who are Iranian, want to leave, but it still fascinates me.

And I shit on those 15 million people almost daily.

And I'm not in a pissing contest, I'm just interested, it's a fascinating country
It's fine to be interested, even great; but sometimes you've got to give credit where credit is due. Iran is a regional power despite circumstances, don't you agree?

It's fine to be interested, even great; but sometimes you've got to give credit where credit is due. Iran is a regional power despite circumstances, don't you agree?
Depends on how you define it. Some call Russia a regional power

But I don't think Iran is a regional power, Iran has the potential to be one. I think this potential has been squandered over the years.

It reminds me of Turkey, Turkey had INCREDIBLE potential but every ruler that came after Atatürk have squandered it.

So we're similiar in that regard, But iran has been mismanaged even worse. The hostage crisis and the fallout of it basically ruined the country. The country is facing a number of economical and sociological problems that needs addressing. Basically only thing that went well is the nuclear program and the missile program and those aren't sufficient to be a prosperous country.

Obviously not but to want to copy something it should offer something other than just low price.

You can't really copy the price, it will be made with Turkish parts, in a Turkish factory and come out with a much different price tag.
I see it that way, too. In the end, it is important that Turkey or Iran can produce certain systems themselves. This ability is the basis of a sovereign state. Personally, I am fully in favor of the countries in the region acting independently in order to be able to be more independent of the interests of third parties. In this respect, both countries are already doing a good job.

Back
Top Bottom