What's new

Iranian Space program

Being back Safir SLV. It was a good launcher for <100kg satellites.

NOTAM + expected launch around that time + no announcement of launch + scorch marks on launch pad = failed launch
Did you change job to foreign propaganda agency !!!..if a launch happened and Iran does not announce it then as an Iranian I respect that and will not propagate "ifs" or "may be"..we have enough enemies already with big horns. I wait untill I hear from Iran

NOTAM + expected launch around that time + no announcement of launch + scorch marks on launch pad = failed launch

Very likely. Now did it explode on launch pad or the more likely failed to gain enough velocity for terminal velocity? That has been the issue for many of Iran’s SLVs….simply not powerful enough to insert object in proper orbit.

Being back Safir SLV. It was a good launcher for <100kg satellites.

Safir was the weakest of all SLVs and used archaic SCUD technology. It was a miracle there was even successful launches. Safir 1 could maybe launch 25kg….successfully is another story, def not 75Kg+

Last edited:
Did you change job to foreign propaganda agency !!!..if a launch happened and Iran does not announce it then as an Iranian I respect that and will not propagate "ifs" or "may be"..we have enough enemies already with big horns. I wait untill I hear from Iran
This is a forum to exchange ideas and news and theories, if that upsets you then no one forces you to be here.

Iran has a long history of not acknowledging space launch failures (albeit they did acknowledge the recent Simorgh failures), it's fair game for discussion.

This is a forum to exchange ideas and news and theories, if that upsets you then no one forces you to be here.

Iran has a long history of not acknowledging space launch failures (albeit they did acknowledge the recent Simorgh failures), it's fair game for discussion.
Good to know what side you are..reporting a may or may not launch as a failure . You do not know even if there was a launch.. let alone if it was a success or failure...reminds me of the free speech guy who was placing all the fake videos on protests under free speech banner...turned out to be an enemy account..disappeared after protests..lol

Last edited:

If you're also going sit here and make conjecture and false statements without any evidence, then you can also take your expertise elsewhere. Your assumptions and intentions will be questioned by anyone and everyone, especially by long-standing members who have a knack of sensing trolls and shills. You'll just have to cope with it, mate!

Please stop with these weak arguments. This is a venue for critical thought not spewing unsolicited garbage. Take your ‘free thinking’ to the gossip girl channels. So hush until you have defensible proof.

Good to know what side you are..reporting a may or may not launch as a failure . You do not know even if there was a launch.. let alone if it was a success or failure...reminds me of the free speech guy who was placing all the fake videos on protests under free speech banner...turned out to be an enemy account..disappeared after protests..lol
Speculating on potential failed launch due to range of evidence, including satellite photos of scorch marks on launchpad around time that coincides with NOTAM and claimed launch window, apparently determines one's "side". Interesting.

I don't know why you are all so sensitive about a potential failed launch. It happens, nothing to cry this hard about.

Very likely. Now did it explode on launch pad or the more likely failed to gain enough velocity for terminal velocity? That has been the issue for many of Iran’s SLVs….simply not powerful enough to insert object in proper orbit.
The first test was simply to test the Raafe motor, and the second and third stages are not so new so in theory there should not be any issues with the engines used. It would be 'better' news if it was a fuelling accident on the launchpad, much easier to try again and doesn't indicate any issues with the SLV itself. Otherwise, it will likely set the IRGC's plans back quite substantially. Still nothing to be *too* worried about given the IRGC has only been in the space game for around 3 years and failure is part of the iterative process. Time will tell what happened.

Last edited:
What the "f*ck" do they teach you in England..you call two very blurred pixel images of a concrete platform in some unknown desert presented by some unknown guy in Twitter as evidence and you make these conclusions :

1- location is Iran
2- it is IRGC launch platform
3- Smudge on photo is burn marks
4- must have been an IRGC launch
5- The lunch was failed one
6- a satellite"Nahid" was also on top
7- I am the guy who can see all this from the blurred smudge on a concrete on the desert
8- I can not explain why the image is so blurred, they usually publish very good quality Images of any Iranian attempted launches..may be this time they just forgot to focus the camera
9- I am the smart guy and all of the rest you are morons
10- I also believe in SANTA!..:undecided:

Last edited:
What the "f*ck" do they teach you in England..you call two very blurred pixel images of a concrete platform in some unknown desert presented by some unknown guy in Twitter as evidence and you make these conclusions :

1- location is Iran
2- it is IRGC launch platform
3- Smudge on photo is burn marks
4- must have been an IRGC launch
5- The lunch was failed one
6- a satellite"Nahid" was also on top
7- I am the guy who can see all this from the blurred smudge on a concrete on the desert
8- I can not explain why the image is so blurred, they usually publish very good quality Images of any Iranian attempted launches..may be this time they just forgot to focus the camera
9- I am the smart guy and all of the rest you are morons
10- I also believe in SANTA!..:undecided:
He's not an unknown guy and the coordinates can be easily corroborated if you wanted to spend some time doing your own research instead of having a meltdown online because someone shared some inferences you didn't agree with on a forum dedicated to discussing such developments.

The first test was simply to test the Raafe motor, and the second and third stages are not so new so in theory there should not be any issues with the engines used. It would be 'better' news if it was a fuelling accident on the launchpad, much easier to try again and doesn't indicate any issues with the SLV itself. Otherwise, it will likely set the IRGC's plans back quite substantially. Still nothing to be *too* worried about given the IRGC has only been in the space game for around 3 years and failure is part of the iterative process. Time will tell what happened.

Scorch marks can simply be from take off as well. Which given that space database has no new satellites for Iran, would point to insertion failure due to inadequate velocity.

I thought for Q-100 only first stage is liquid? It uses a Qiam first stage no? That’s a very reliable design. So an explosion on launch pad would be surprising. IRGC aren’t amateurs in fueling liquid missiles.

I thought for Q-100 only first stage is liquid? It uses a Qiam first stage no? That’s a very reliable design. So an explosion on launch pad would be surprising. IRGC aren’t amateurs in fueling liquid missiles.
That is Qased. Qaem-100 is fully solid fuel.

Probably failure to insert, since it has been a 10 days an no announcement. Usually successful launches are announced rather quickly.

Probably failure to insert, since it has been a 10 days an no announcement. Usually successful launches are announced rather quickly.
were there any news from missile launch in iran from USA ? they always tracked and announced such things

Safir was the weakest of all SLVs and used archaic SCUD technology. It was a miracle there was even successful launches. Safir 1 could maybe launch 25kg….successfully is another story, def not 75Kg+

Yes it was weak but it was functional. It launched four satelites into orbit successfully during it's lifetime (Omid, Rasad, Navid and Fajr). It was a good starter launch vehicle and should be flying to this day given iran's space program is still in beginning stages since last 10-15 years.

Since Safir's retirment Simorgh has failed over and over again, Zuljunah is flying on "test" launches for last 2 years and now Ghaem-100 has failed a orbital launch. Only reason iran has had a successful orbital launch since 2015 is because of Qased SLV which is powered by SCUD technology in it's main booster stage!

Well Iran has a history of covering up failed launches. Given the history we can speculate can't we? Also just few weeks back they were saying Nahid-1 would be launched in coming weeks onboard Ghaem-100 SLV. So where is this launch? It would make sense if it took place but failed and is now being covered up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom