What's new

Iranian Space program

Qaem-105. Not only it will happen faster but it will be more reliable. alot of these Space agency projects are years behind in SLV tech compared to the IRGC-ASF, which has a very successful track record.
That is a reasonable take. Although I would note that of the three, Qaem-105 is the furthest behind in terms of development, we have not even seen it yet. I think Simorgh will be first since it is only one launch away and they are getting closer each time. Probably time for 2-3 more attempts before Qaem-105 has an orbital launch, on balance hopefully one of those is successful.

That is a reasonable take. Although I would note that of the three, Qaem-105 is the furthest behind in terms of development, we have not even seen it yet. I think Simorgh will be first since it is only one launch away and they are getting closer each time. Probably time for 2-3 more attempts before Qaem-105 has an orbital launch, on balance hopefully one of those is successful.
Qaem-105 is supposed to be this year if my info is correct. And the first Rafee stage is already complete, a new 2nd stage booster will likely be unvelied for the launch which could be a scaled down Rafee engine. So they are not far behind having already done the biggest part which is the first stage.

ISA is going the traditional space launcher route - liquid fuel engines while the cryogenic ‘Bahman’ gets developed in the next decade.

IRGC-Space Force is taking the military route (solid fuel missiles or hybrid fuel missiles) that can be launched quickly and efficiently.

Qaem-105 is supposed to be this year if my info is correct. And the first Rafee stage is already complete, a new 2nd stage booster will likely be unvelied for the launch which could be a scaled down Rafee engine. So they are not far behind having already done the biggest part which is the first stage.
First launch next Iranian year (March 2023 - March 2024). Probably towards the end of that range. First orbital launch will follow probably 2-6 months after that. So there is time for 2-3 Simorgh launches before then.

2023-02-17T023920Z_1197053471_RC2QCZ94H4IZ_RTRMADP_3_JAPAN-SPACE-H3.jpg

Space is not easy...Second Japan attempt to launch the new H3 SLV fails in disaster..Second stage malfunction..H3 destroyed.

Note 1:
To those Iranians that expect 100% success on every launch..Japan with unlimited access to funds, technology, no sabotage and good PR fails ..Iran with non of the above perks succeeds most of the time and we are so hard on our scientists when something goes wrong.

Note 2:
Japan had several years of stop on her space launch program and as a result lost the critical expertise just like our MI 6 employed president Rohanni did that to Iran and we lost our experts in ISA.

Conclusion:
If you start a space program..you do not stop it no matter what.:angry:

Space is not easy...Second Japan attempt to launch the new H3 SLV fails in disaster..Second stage malfunction..H3 destroyed.

Note 1:
To those Iranians that expect 100% success on every launch..Japan with unlimited access to funds, technology, no sabotage and good PR fails ..Iran with non of the above perks succeeds most of the time and we are so hard on our scientists when something goes wrong.

Note 2:
Japan had several years of stop on her space launch program and as a result lost the critical expertise just like our MI 6 employed president Rohanni did that to Iran and we lost our experts in ISA.

Conclusion:
Well said, it happens to everyone, even France early... https://www.france24.com/en/america...ils-shortly-after-lift-off-from-french-guiana

And it happens often, some are not even documented in medias or they doesn't say a word about the failure, when the failure is a disaster they announce it only, not for "small things". But still launches and attempts continues even if it fails

Vega rocket launches: 2019, two launches, one success, one failure, 2020, same, 2021, two success, 2022, one success, one failure

Screenshot_440.png

The thing with Iran compared with Japan/France is that the US or some other state will immediately share images of the failure to discredit the aerospace force, sabotages and spies are more than a threat, Japan or France doesn't have to face this, i don't know if that's a factor in having self confidence for the next attempts

Last edited:

Note 1:

Note 2:

Conclusion:
You are right, failure is part of the process. But the comparison is not quite accurate for two reasons: (1) failure rate in Japan vs Iran is not comparable and (2) size/complexity of SLV used. Japan is one of the major space powers and has been placing large payloads into all orbits for many decades, Iran has not yet mastered placing a payload >50kg into LEO. All the more reason for Iran to pursue this goal with increased vigour and to never give up.

You are right, failure is part of the process. But the comparison is not quite accurate for two reasons: (1) failure rate in Japan vs Iran is not comparable and (2) size/complexity of SLV used. Japan is one of the major space powers and has been placing large payloads into all orbits for many decades, Iran has not yet mastered placing a payload >50kg into LEO. All the more reason for Iran to pursue this goal with increased vigour and to never give up.

Old but Gold

I think we were promised at least two more satellite launches this Iranian year. Sadly doesn't look like it will happen.

I think we were promised at least two more satellite launches this Iranian year. Sadly doesn't look like it will happen.
I am with you on this one...This ISA morons should stop talking and promising..They have lost respect with so many Iranians in this forum because of their big mouth,,,

PS: I will eat dirt if they launch anything within next two days..lol

Their was a NOTAM around that area during this time.

I reckon if it is not announced it could have failed but maybe not.
NOTAM + expected launch around that time + no announcement of launch + scorch marks on launch pad = failed launch

Back
Top Bottom