What's new

Iranian scientist finds universal Sherwood equation formula

This is pretty neat. Not just a theoretical accomplishment, but an accomplishment with actual applications.

I hope to see more achievments like this.

It's time for the east to rise again.

what was the western civilization compared to Iranian,indian,pakistan,egyptian,iraq civilization?

now look at them.

Asymptotic solutions for turbulent mass transfer at high Schmidt number

Abstract for the article:

We present closed-form solutions for high Schmidt number mass transfer in a hydrodynamically fully developed turbulent flow. Governing equations for the near- and far-field are developed for a large class of boundary conditions (BCs) for which the mass flux is a function of the concentration at the wall. We show that for this class of BCs, which includes nonlinear wall reactions, the mass transfer coefficient is independent of the BC and the Sherwood correlation is therefore universal. For Dirichlet, Neumann and Robin BCs, the far-field solutions are in good correspondence with the method of separating variables and near-field solutions are in good agreement with numerical simulations. However, in contrast with the far-field solutions, the Sherwood correlation in the near-field depends on the specific BC. As an example of nonlinear BCs, solutions for a second-order wall reaction are derived which are compared with numerical simulations and found to be in excellent agreement.

As someone studying Aerospace Engineering, I have to say that this is really impressive. Adds a new analytical tool for people working in fluid theory or CFD.

If by some chance anybody here is studying fluid theory and wants the actual article, don't hesitate to ask and I'll pm it to you (I have access to online journals because of my university).

Asymptotic solutions for turbulent mass transfer at high Schmidt number

Abstract for the article:

luid theory and wants the actual article, don't hesitate to ask and I'll pm it to you (I have access to online journals because of my university).

It nice to have someone with knowledge here. I don't even know what this sherwood is.
I have an a-level in maths.

I was hoping to either do physics or medicine.

As someone studying Aerospace Engineering, I have to say that this is really impressive. Adds a new analytical tool for people working in fluid theory or CFD.

If by some chance anybody here is studying f

I have tried to search for this news in science/mathematics magazines and nothing!

I have tried to search for this news in science/mathematics magazines and nothing!

It only got published a month ago, and it's in a pretty esoteric area. So you wouldn't see this in an everyday science magazine.

It only got published a month ago, and it's in a pretty esoteric area. So you wouldn't see this in an everyday science magazine.

Everything of significance in science is esoteric, if it were of great significance i believe it would have been published.

i not good in maths really bro buy great achivement bro congrats can any on explais the formula and its uses

Sure its a great achievement. Many congrats to the scientist and Iranian nation

Please ignore archdemon he is a troll, he goes on all our scientific threads and makes them seem like lies.

Back
Top Bottom