What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Fourth IRGC-N Shahid Solemani class catamaran spotted by satellite imagery

AFAIK 1 is in operation and 3 others are being built. 10 will be built in total.

Also shown is the first ship of the smaller Shahid Abu Mahdi class. The IRGC is building a modern and potent navy fleet, and doing so at an impressive pace.

With regards to Solemani, it is possible it was built after the Chinese refused to provide us with Type 22. Also I believe in last few years Iran hacked a prominent Australian warship building company stealing valuable data.

The same nickname has been applied to the smaller Chinese Type 22 catamaran missile boat, which Iran reportedly tried to buy in past years before producing its own class (Beijing refused to sell). The IRGC Navy also says that the Shahid Soleimani is a “stealth” vessel with the radar cross-section of a small boat.

And people think China would sell Iran J-10C:coffee:

Russia and China are the most unreliable countries to have to rely on for military arms of any sort.

Fourth IRGC-N Shahid Solemani class catamaran spotted by satellite imagery

AFAIK 1 is in operation and 3 others are being built. 10 will be built in total.

Also shown is the first ship of the smaller Shahid Abu Mahdi class. The IRGC is building a modern and potent navy fleet, and doing so at an impressive pace.
There are 5 such ships not 4. they are all almost done

Attachments

• IMG_6357.jpeg
    IMG_6357.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6355.jpeg
    IMG_6355.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6354.jpeg
    IMG_6354.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6356.jpeg
    IMG_6356.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
There are 5 such ships not 4. they are all almost done

There will be 6 Solemani class ships according to Iran.

Unknown amount of The smaller version.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one gets built in the north for patrolling the caspian due to tensions with Azeribajian

There will be 6 Solemani class ships according to Iran.

Unknown amount of The smaller version.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one gets built in the north for patrolling the caspian due to tensions with Azeribajian
I just stated there are 5 being/have been built. There will be more than 6.

The smaller ones not counted

screenshot from the video, I don't see 30mm CIWS tomil inst on the aft superstructure, I have a doubt:
1) must still be installed
2) or that superstructure is intended to house the VLS
Screenshot_2023-07-01-15-23-56-222~3.jpeg

Usually IRIN accepts navy ships without some equipments. Damavand II lacks ECM equipment that Jamaran/Sahand/Dena have, in this screenshots lacks the FCR for the Fajr 27 and even IFF antennas. Like CIWS you well appointed

On the other hand, in the main mast, there is no any plate on the main surfaces of the radar antennas, so that suggests that even main TX/RX modules are still not installed. Just my oppinion. Those are first sea trials and it is perfectly understable that many equipments are still to be installed.

Anyway it is very rational design;

1º.- Radar it is ocuppying highest place (not like Jamaran/Sahand/Dena).

2º.- The antiship missiles are located in a lower position than Jamaran/Sahand/Dena.

3º.- Size of superestructure has been reduced by joining the radar and the mast, and by dividing big funnel into two small exhaust pipes like OPVs diesel engines.

All this gives; much more seaworthy platform (because the main weight it is near to surface), clearer decks, allowing more missile launchers (Mersad 16?) and a longer electronic horizon for main search radar.

Don´t be so demanding with such a small design. I really hope Taftan would replicate this ship, being a new standard in IRIN. If VLS can´t be installed on it a new and bigger class could done it. But the general arrangement it is much more rational, optimizing the vessel.

It is very nice.

Back
Top Bottom