What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

screenshot from the video, I don't see 30mm CIWS tomil inst on the aft superstructure, I have a doubt:
1) must still be installed
2) or that superstructure is intended to house the VLS
View attachment 936057

screenshot from the video, I don't see 30mm CIWS tomil inst on the aft superstructure, I have a doubt:
1) must still be installed
2) or that superstructure is intended to house the VLS
View attachment 936057
IMG_20230703_214917.jpg

VlS deck, layout may look like solemani class

A YouTube channel (Partisan?🤔) mentioned it’s 5 Mach.

Assuming it’s not a new missile and is in the BM/Quasi BM category then that fits in line with Hormuz 1 & 2 as well the newer Fath missile. All have Mach 4-5 terminal velocity.

The challenge for the former is the size of the missiles and fitting them into the VLS of a frigate like Damavand-2. However technology military has advanced considerably for Iran since 2017 so Hormuz 1&2 could be made smaller and use more powerful motors to achieve same distance (300KM) compared to their generation 1 designs.

Hormuz 1 & 2 would be better as they are PG Missile variants that are made to target other naval ships. One uses a EO/IO seeker + image matching algorithm while the other uses a radiation seeker.

Hypersonic cruise missile is unlikely as that engine tech is still very advanced and is not even deployed yet by the 3 great powers (China, US, Russia).

Iran already took 2 oil tankers, one in April 27th:

And another beginning of May:

These were done by IRGC, hence the success rate. They're saying however July 5th was done by Neeroo Darya'ee, so if this is true then this may have been a competition between the two forces on who can police the straight better.

However, this is more likely fake news because if it was just about revenge for our oil getting confiscated, then IRGC already managed to succeed in this. Seems the Americans are resorting to this because the recent negotiations for a mini-deal has probably hit snaggy grounds and they need to put egg on Iran's face somehow. Iran is denying such event took place.

The Americans released video footage of Jamaran and the ship in question. It's not fake news
I dont doubt that there were attempts to stop these ships,most likely simply for the purpose of inspection.However if iran truly wanted to seize a ship then it simply would have,as it has done on numerous occasions previously.
There would be no pissing around ordering them to heave to,or the firing of warning shots ,they would likely just chopper in a heavily armed boarding party before the ships crew even really knew what had hit them.

🇮🇷⚓:azn:

The Americans released video footage of Jamaran and the ship in question. It's not fake news

Releasing a footage of a ship doesn't mean anything. You don't know when the photo was taken, what's actually happening or even if it was the ship in question. You seem to like to appeal to authority and believe everything the authorities show you, but that’s your problem, not mine.

I dont doubt that there were attempts to stop these ships,most likely simply for the purpose of inspection.However if iran truly wanted to seize a ship then it simply would have,as it has done on numerous occasions previously.
There would be no pissing around ordering them to heave to,or the firing of warning shots ,they would likely just chopper in a heavily armed boarding party before the ships crew even really knew what had hit them.

🇮🇷⚓:azn:

Yeah if true, which can't be verified, then it could be a competition between IRGC and navy.

Releasing a footage of a ship doesn't mean anything. You don't know when the photo was taken, what's actually happening or even if it was the ship in question. You seem to like to appeal to authority and believe everything the authorities show you, but that’s your problem, not mine.

Yeah if true, which can't be verified, then it could be a competition between IRGC and navy.
Iran said it was on court order if i'm not mistaken on chill thread

According to Iran, the tanker hit an Iranian vessel injuring 5 and flooding and didn't want to stop

The real question is that US claims the tanker did nothing and that Iran came without any reason shooting above the tanker, is this true or not

According to Iran, the tanker hit an Iranian vessel injuring 5 and flooding and didn't want to stop

The real question is that US claims the tanker did nothing and that Iran came without any reason shooting above the tanker, is this true or not

I would need to see the original IRINN report stating a court order was given before I pass judgement. I don't know where you got the information for your second paragraph. Well, obviously the US would say something like that, but as TheImmortal already said to you that tankers aren't always innocent. The interesting thing here is that the US can steal Iranian oil but Iran is somehow a "terrorist" for doing exactly the same...in response, as well.

Here is how the IRGC do it:

They come in and take what they want and the 5th fleet sit and watch.

I would need to see the original IRINN report stating a court order was given before I pass judgement. I don't know where you got the information for your second paragraph. Well, obviously the US would say something like that, but as TheImmortal already said to you that tankers aren't always innocent. The interesting thing here is that the US can steal Iranian oil but Iran is somehow a "terrorist" for doing exactly the same...in response, as well.

Here is how the IRGC do it:

They come in and take what they want and the 5th fleet sit and watch.

فرار نفتکش ریچموند پس از برخورد با یک شناور ایرانی - مشرق نیوز

The ship has escaped to Oman waters before our navy could reach it. Iran has asked Oman to cooperate.

Back
Top Bottom