What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

"Abu Mahdi"..missile boat..!!! We have all these beautiful Farsi names and they call an Iranian boat with an Arab name...WTF!!@...Imagine if Egyptions call their ships with Persian names..!!!!

"Abu Mahdi"..missile boat..!!! We have all these beautiful Farsi names and they call an Iranian boat with an Arab name...WTF!!@...Imagine if Egyptions call their ships with Persian names..!!!!
Abu Mahdi was an ally to Iran and friend & comrade to Immortal Beloved Soleimani; his children are fluent in Farsi and he might have been as well.

Abu Mahdi was an ally to Iran and friend & comrade to Immortal Beloved Soleimani; his children are fluent in Farsi and he might have been as well.
don't need to rationalize it , its IRGC project and they like Arabica name . more than 95% of their project are named Arabica , thank god when the project mature and result in end product , many of those products get Iranian names

no lol, the Damavand 2, Talayieh, and possibly the others under construction visibly have stealth masts

A mast covering is one component of RCS reduction design. And Iran has indicated there will be 7 Mowj ships. 3 have been built, 1 is being repaired (Damavand), and 3 more are in construction phases. I think after the 7th is done they will move on from the design.

1649721024158.jpeg

The Zumwalt for example has a an RCS of a fishing boat using the latest (at the time of prototype stage) in Low observable RCS design construction. Unfortunately like many US designs it’s other costs caused the ship price to balloon to very high levels. Not mass producing caused price per ship to remain very high when RD & production costs were accounted for.

don't need to rationalize it , its IRGC project and they like Arabica name . more than 95% of their project are named Arabica , thank god when the project mature and result in end product , many of those products get Iranian names

Can't Iran name its weapons systems after national heroes? Now, most Iranians have Arabic or Iranianized versions of Arabic names (either as their first or last name). In fact as per the custom, the first name of every Moslem Iranian (i.e. around 99% of the population) has to include at least one Quranic i.e. Arabic component. A surname like Soleimani originally isn't Iranian either. A ballistic missile was named after him but noone will find it inappropriate.

- - - - -

Yep!! His Mother is from Ahvaz.

He was fluent in Farsi too.

Last edited:
Can't Iran name its weapons systems after national heroes? By the way, most Iranians have Arabic names (either first or last name). In fact as per the custom, the first name of every Moslem Iranian (i.e. 99% of the population) has to include at least one Quranic i.e. Arabic component. Soleimani originally isn't an Iranian name either, yet a ballistic missile was named after him and I don't see anyone finding it inappropriate.

- - - - -
99%, wonder where you get that data

Wow that is an interesting surprise. I had no clue!

Isn't thier an anti-ship cruise missile that is in development that they named after him as well?
Finished development, it's in service afaik

A mast covering is one component of RCS reduction design. And Iran has indicated there will be 7 Mowj ships. 3 have been built, 1 is being repaired (Damavand), and 3 more are in construction phases. I think after the 7th is done they will move on from the design.

View attachment 833465

The Zumwalt for example has a an RCS of a fishing boat using the latest (at the time of prototype stage) in Low observable RCS design construction. Unfortunately like many US designs it’s other costs caused the ship price to balloon to very high levels. Not mass producing caused price per ship to remain very high when RD & production costs were accounted for.
Look at the mast on Damavand-2

Back
Top Bottom