What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Location is unknown
I will try to find it when I have time, but I think Admiral Sayyari said in a recent interview that both ship model and location have specific names. I think the Kaman/la combattante class are named after melee (pre fire arm) weapons like the Gorz and the Separ and other ships are named after mountains or mountain ranges. I think it might be a Kaman class and leaning toward northern deployment.

Turns out that Alborz will be the official name for Talayieh!

Zagros, not Alborz. It had multiple name changes (from Shiraz to Talaiyeh to Zagros).

I think it might be a Kaman class and leaning toward northern deployment.

They have four units of Sina class FAC's in the Caspian Sea already, that should be enough I guess.

Last edited:
A mast covering is one component of RCS reduction design. And Iran has indicated there will be 7 Mowj ships. 3 have been built, 1 is being repaired (Damavand), and 3 more are in construction phases. I think after the 7th is done they will move on from the design.

View attachment 833465

The Zumwalt for example has a an RCS of a fishing boat using the latest (at the time of prototype stage) in Low observable RCS design construction. Unfortunately like many US designs it’s other costs caused the ship price to balloon to very high levels. Not mass producing caused price per ship to remain very high when RD & production costs were accounted for.

The Zumwalt is an epic failure of the naval history.

Based on their most recent pics, you can see they all look like real rusty fishing boat right now, and the USN has already forsaken them.

The Type 055 with the hypersonic YJ-21 (1500 KM & Mach 10) will be the outlook for the future naval warfare.

Even the USN is desperately trying to copy the Type 055 with their DDGX.

Iran should build the future destroyers with hypersonic missile with relatively inexpensive cost.

The Zumwalt is an epic failure of the naval history.

Based on their most recent pics, you can see they all look like real rusty fishing boat right now, and the USN has already forsaken them.

The Type 055 with the hypersonic YJ-21 (1500 KM & Mach 10) will be the outlook for the future naval warfare.

Even the USN is desperately trying to copy the Type 055 with their DDGX.

Iran should build the future destroyers with hypersonic missile with relatively inexpensive cost.
zumwalt is future , it become failure because , USA navy changed the requirement repeatedly during its development and even while they were building it and asked for something jack of all trade and strangely master of all trades

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom