What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Moudge will not be continued after the last 2-3 are completed.

Likely moving to bigger ships or a newer design. Moudge at its core is still a 1970’s design with updated electronics and weapons.
The new versions have a redesigned superstructure. We'll see what they do

The new versions have a redesigned superstructure. We'll see what they do

Redesign isn’t substantial enough. Too many exposed points and radar mast is still exposed. Ship lights up on radars compared to modern frigates.

Also underpowered armament wise. Good learning experience, but Iran is ready for more advanced modern designs and bigger ships.

other images of the catamaran corvette Shahid Soleiman
Istantanea-2022-04-01-20-22-05.png

Istantanea-2022-04-01-20-24-11.png

but what surprised me is that two classes of catamarans are under construction, with each other very much smaller in size, who knows maybe to carry out missions of a FAC
Istantanea-2022-04-01-20-22-54-2.png

but what surprised me is that two classes of catamarans are under construction, with each other very much smaller in size, who knows maybe to carry out missions of a FAC

Smaller one is probably mohardes (spelling) the leader of Iraqi miltias that was assassinated alongside Solemani.

The announcement was two classes of IRGC catamaran warship Solemani being the biggest

Iranian ship yards (non IRGC) are beyond slow. China pumps out cruisers and destroyers at an alarming rate. Iran takes years to build one frigate.
certainly making a comparison with China is difficult for everyone, including the US.
But I think what is really important is that the Iranian shipyards even if they slowly build the ships for the Iranian navy, but we must also remember that almost everything is made in Iran, from the hull that frankly are made quickly, but also radar, electronics , optronic systems, Fajr-27, Katran CIWS, missiles, torpedoes, propulsion engines and generator engines, etc.

certainly making a comparison with China is difficult for everyone, including the US.
But I think what is really important is that the Iranian shipyards even if they slowly build the ships for the Iranian navy, but we must also remember that almost everything is made in Iran, from the hull that frankly are made quickly, but also radar, electronics , optronic systems, Fajr-27, Katran CIWS, missiles, torpedoes, propulsion engines and generator engines, etc.
Yes,add to that that each of these is built to a different design than its predecessor,with essentially each new ship being a prototype in its own right with its own unique set of onboard systems.
Indeed I wouldnt be surprised if even systems like the kamand ciws were all hand built and that each one differed slightly from the other.Certainly the lack of mass production of the kamand for irans other larger vessels does seem to point to this.
I think that the navy focused far too much on the production of the hulls at the expense of what went into and onto those hulls,much like the airforce with its f5 program in fact.

What is This, Bandar Abas... More than 80m long. It is not Kilo, this is shipyard seems Like newly builtView attachment 830748
Do you mean the sub?,its one of irans kilo class boats.I think that all 3 of them were undergoing refits around the same time starting around the beginning of 2021.
Iran-Kilo-Out-Of-Water.jpg

Redesign isn’t substantial enough. Too many exposed points and radar mast is still exposed. Ship lights up on radars compared to modern frigates.

Also underpowered armament wise. Good learning experience, but Iran is ready for more advanced modern designs and bigger ships.
no lol, the Damavand 2, Talayieh, and possibly the others under construction visibly have stealth masts

I think its Abu Mahdi missile boat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom