What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

The 75th flotilla of the Iranian Navy Makran 441 and Sahand 74, has returned home after sailing 45,000 kilometers in three oceans ........
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...complishes-mission-without-any-help-commander
To put this in its proper perspective,its the distance equivalent of circumnavigating the globe,in fact its actually traveled even further than that.
Its a pretty amazing achievement and certainly demonstrates the mechanical reliability of the shahand and its systems.The next step now is to give these ships the teeth that they need,for both self defence and power projection.
A big thumbs up for the navy,its certainly earned it!. :enjoy: :enjoy: :enjoy:

Makran 441 and Sahand 74 entered Iran's territorial waters after 133 days of navigation and over an unprecedented distance

E-0lHmTWQAIbWEl

This long travel is pure gold for training officals and crews, and give unvaluable data for designers and builders to improve further designs on warships and tactics. The same occured with China. They used the long deployments in Gulf of Aden to improve their blue water navy tactics and engineering.
The only unsolved mistery is why Makran didn´t delivered the high speed boats to Syria or Venezuela. I think she can´t operate them like a "mother ship" like Chiyoda.

This long travel is pure gold for training officals and crews, and give unvaluable data for designers and builders to improve further designs on warships and tactics. The same occured with China. They used the long deployments in Gulf of Aden to improve their blue water navy tactics and engineering.
The only unsolved mistery is why Makran didn´t delivered the high speed boats to Syria or Venezuela. I think she can´t operate them like a "mother ship" like Chiyoda.
it seems that they are for its own protection, deploy them in short time each carrying a 50 cal machine gun and 2 short range anti ship cruise missiles and 2 short range torpedoes which is more than enough for any small threat that manage to get close to it
The top commander on Friday met with the servicemen on board the Iranian Navy’s 75th flotilla of warships which has returned home after a mission
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/...n-s-navy-to-keep-presence-in-oceans-commander

1400061914220550223563644.jpg

11-10028669-14696323-797.jpg

11-10028669-14696318-814.jpg

Screenshot-2021-09-11-00-53-03-517-01.jpg

11-10028669-14696322-771.jpg
what is that ? i thought they are Tor-M1 but it seems they are not soooo electronic countermeasures maybe?

1631387358045.png

it seems that they are for its own protection, deploy them in short time each carrying a 50 cal machine gun and 2 short range anti ship cruise missiles and 2 short range torpedoes which is more than enough for any small threat that manage to get close to it

what is that ? i thought they are Tor-M1 but it seems they are not soooo electronic countermeasures maybe?

View attachment 777216

Dadash....it’s a fender to protect the ship when it’s docked from rough waves/wake colliding back into dock.

1631388242438.jpeg

1631388260399.jpeg

@sahureka2

What do you guys think is in those shipping containers?
Some could speculate ballistic missiles?

Is their any known projects in Iran about launching missiles using shipping containers? I have seen designs like this in Russia and China, where these containers are used as a disguise.

@sahureka2

Cosa pensate ci sia in quei container?
Qualcuno potrebbe ipotizzare missili balistici?

Sono noti i loro progetti in Iran sul lancio di missili usando container? Ho visto progetti come questo in Russia e Cina, dove questi contenitori sono usati come travestimento.
[/CITAZIONE]

Anything is possible in those 40 "containers, but only a few of the crew could answer.
They could contain spare parts necessary for that long navigation, or something strategically important;
But in any case, even if they were empty, only having placed them in that position those containers played an important function, that is to raise doubts to those who tried to understand where the Makran 441 was going, what mission it was able to carry out and what the ship was hiding.

@sahureka2

Is their any known projects in Iran about launching missiles using shipping containers? I have seen designs like this in Russia and China, where these containers are used as a disguise.

Probably supplies, you have to remember the Makran was a tanker. Thus in the hull itself is carrying gasoline most of the time. Thus I doubt there is much space in its hull to store things thus they are stored on top in containers.

Probably supplies, you have to remember the Makran was a tanker. Thus in the hull itself is carrying gasoline most of the time. Thus I doubt there is much space in its hull to store things thus they are stored on top in containers.
There is a LOT of storage space under the Helicopter Deck and other fitted deck between the Superstructure and the Helicopter Deck.

Dadash....it’s a fender to protect the ship when it’s docked from rough waves/wake colliding back into dock.

View attachment 777217

View attachment 777218
yeeeeeh now i see :rofl: man i can't trust my eyes anymore
@sahureka2

1631440235009.png

@sahureka2

Not for naval use per se,however some of the latest land based launchers are clearly based on adapted shipping containers.
637368078152038748_md.JPG

Ei6sKAaXkAAlWAw

Back
Top Bottom