What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

@sahureka2

1631650350763.png

1631650440203.png

South Koreans just did a sub launched ballistic missile (SLBM)..Does Iran have similar capability...!!!

No, the only submarine that could be installed with that capability realistically would be Russian Kilos.

Iran has yet to redesign a Fateh missile for SLBM launch.

Not sure it’s a major priority at this time, cruise missiles are probably deemed adequate enough for time being. Maybe a future transatlantic Iranian sub Would be installed with a BM.

South Koreans just did a sub launched ballistic missile (SLBM)..Does Iran have similar capability...!!!
No, the only submarine that could be installed with that capability realistically would be Russian Kilos.

Iran has yet to redesign a Fateh missile for SLBM launch.

Not sure it’s a major priority at this time, cruise missiles are probably deemed adequate enough for time being. Maybe a future transatlantic Iranian sub Would be installed with a BM.
As our good friend Immortal said, no at least not for the recent future.

Our largest indigenous submarine would be the Fateh Class, a great stepping stone for things greater. It appears theirs many delays for it after the construction of the first one, experiences and lessons learned, and modifications and trial tests were made.

Iran is in the process of constructing more Fateh class submarines so hopefully these projects remain financed till a couple more are built which I am very happy about as a coastal submarine, but we are quite some way from a 3000 ton submarine. Of course if we were able to import the key parts then it would be much easier and faster.

This is how the North Korean Sub is constructed to fire 3 BMs.

I’m not sure how ingenious this design is, but Iran could likely purchase the design if it’s truly a NK made sub and modify it to fire Fatehs like Solemani Missile.
Indeed, firepower of course is questionable as they need this for their nuclear arsenal, but it does not seem like a highly expensive design, so if the NKs wanted to provide the data and blueprints of it, it's seems like something we can achieve.

Indeed, firepower of course is questionable as they need this for their nuclear arsenal, but it does not seem like a highly expensive design, so if the NKs wanted to provide the data and blueprints of it, it's seems like something we can achieve.

Well one of these would be able to fire:

3 Solemani missiles
6 torpedos (Jask-2 CMs)
Plus another 6 in reserve (reload)

So 3 BMs and 12 CMs for a 3000 ton sub is actually very good fire power IMO

6 of these subs could fire 18 BMs and 72 CMs at Diego Garcia rendering it severely weakened for a future IRBM Iranian missile (4000-5000KM) to completely destroy in a follow up attack.

Or they could be used to overwhelm a carrier group.

I dont think they will put too much emphasis on producing the Fateh submarines beyond "test" program research to eventually step up to a Kilo size tonnage comparable class since Fateh is maybe 600 tons.

Pardon me if I am little off topic.

What type of defence system is installed on Iranian warships?

And one question more 🙂

Is there any heavy warship like destroyer in IN?
How many submarines you will have in this decade?
Thanks in advance.i will not disturb you people again.

photo from twitter posted by "Amir"
I note that they have also made a structural change in the bow,
request :
are they implementing a ducted propeller at the bow which serves to improve the maneuverability of the ship?
or was it already there, but are they making a change?

E_l7YyMXIAUFrZ8

photo from twitter posted by "Amir"
I note that they have also made a structural change in the bow,
request :
are they implementing a ducted propeller at the bow which serves to improve the maneuverability of the ship?
or was it already there, but are they making a change?

E_l7YyMXIAUFrZ8

Given it was in the water before this, I think they've made this new opening on the hull. It's a bow thruster.

Back
Top Bottom